Reply to Thread

Thread: Stronghold. Ice Swimming buff

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Stronghold. Ice Swimming buff

Anyone got the stronghold? Interested to know how the Ice Swimming buff (Reduces recruitment time in Elite Barracks about 500% ) compares to a Rec Guide (increase of 200%) for say MS build times?

Can work out the maths but keen to see if thats how it is in reality ?

On 6th MCC now so hoping to get in next few weeks (unless i get lucky and get as a drop)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have 2 strongholds they are great the buff drops the build time on MS from 6 minutes (unbuffed) to 50 seconds (ice buff)

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I've had a x12 going on elite barracks. that's 4 buffs going at once (nash Williams, egg roll, rec guide & ice swimming) around 20-30 secs per ms.

wow u done 5 mc campaign already? that still not enough to get a stronghold? jeez I got lucky getting it drop on the 3rd

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    I've had a x12 going on elite barracks. that's 4 buffs going at once (nash Williams, egg roll, rec guide & ice swimming) around 20-30 secs per ms.
    Interesting considering that you cant have more than 1 single target building buff on at the same time, meaning that Nash, Skunk and Ice Swimming are mutually exlusive.

Anyone got the stronghold? Interested to know how the Ice Swimming buff (Reduces recruitment time in Elite Barracks about 500% ) compares to a Rec Guide (increase of 200%) for say MS build times?
    No point comparing those 2 because they serve different purposes.

Guide you stack on top of existing buffs. Swimming works the exact same way and serves the exact same purpose as Skunk (with differences in numbers).

Benefits from the Swimming :

- maintainable production of the buff using only your own resources with no reliance on RNG stuff like collectibles/ relying on other people selling you barrack buffs (probably first time in history of the game where you can have your own production of good barrack buffs)
    - even though poduction is slow, the buffs themselves have no cooldown, meaning that if you stock enough of them, you can have a whole weekend of +500% barrack production (plus any zone buffs you can stack on top of that).

Other than that 12 hour +200% is still more comfortable to use considering that you can have 100% uptime on the buff.

wow u done 5 mc campaign already? that still not enough to get a stronghold? jeez I got lucky getting it drop on the 3rd
    Depends on how you're doing it.

On the second adventure you can disable 3 negative effects, or leave one of them, which will increase the obsidian yields in the latter adventures. If you disable 3, you need roughly 6,5 adventure chains for one stronghold. In the other case it will probably be 5.5, maybe 5.

That being said, a guy on my friendslist already has like 5 strongholds and 5 meadhalls. I wont even speculate how
    Last edited by sparkz; 29.09.18 at 16:56.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    yeah my mistake, I had nash on normal barracks & ice swimming on elite, added them up as if they were on same barracks, lol.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Just had one drop + only 750 obs ore from getting a 2nd :-)

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Interesting considering that you cant have more than 1 single target building buff on at the same time, meaning that Nash, Skunk and Ice Swimming are mutually exlusive.

That being said, a guy on my friendslist already has like 5 strongholds and 5 meadhalls. I wont even speculate how
    The Meadhall has the 100% barracks recruitment zone buff doesnt it? so be interesting to see how that stacks with the swimming buff as opposed to the rec guide

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe View Post
    The Meadhall has the 100% barracks recruitment zone buff doesnt it? so be interesting to see how that stacks with the swimming buff as opposed to the rec guide
    Ever since revamping the tooltips to show buff % instead of multiplier, all buffs are additive. So +100% from meadhall +500% from swimming equals +600% (or 7 times the normal recruitment speed for a short period of time), rather than doubling the production speed (as some people probably expect).

Its worth noting that that also diminishes the value of the permanent production buffs in the form of the new buildings recently anounced (as +50% will add up to those 700% making it 750%, rather than 1050%), so I suggest careful consideration before you spend alot of dough on buildings that do barely anything

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    Ever since revamping the tooltips to show buff % instead of multiplier, all buffs are additive. So +100% from meadhall +500% from swimming equals +600% (or 7 times the normal recruitment speed for a short period of time), rather than doubling the production speed (as some people probably expect).

Its worth noting that that also diminishes the value of the permanent production buffs in the form of the new buildings recently anounced (as +50% will add up to those 700% making it 750%, rather than 1050%), so I suggest careful consideration before you spend alot of dough on buildings that do barely anything
    Just raising this again as training grounds will be avail soon so will be worth considering before you buy ...

Reply to Thread