Reply to Thread

Thread: Fireworks

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove

Fireworks

The new Festival Fireworks buff looks great, especially when lots are going at once!
    Can we have them as a permanent replacement for the current twirly sparkles please (or at least an alternative)?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Alternative only. After a while its hard to distinguish whats buffed and what isn't.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I love the fireworks buff and would like to see it available as an alternative too.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheddoe View Post
    The new Festival Fireworks buff looks great, especially when lots are going at once!
    Can we have them as a permanent replacement for the current twirly sparkles please (or at least an alternative)?
    -10 - well if people like to look at thats fine - just let it be optional then. - I dont like to look at it - it hurt my eyes Did not take me long to remove the buff when a friend put it.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Sandycove
    I love them, but like urd they did make me feel a bit dizzy. Id prefer to be able to choose just a single building, say.

Maybe BB could introduce a single firework buff rather than a zone buff for this as well?

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    they only show up on buildings that are buffed so if you dont use buffs on your island and some one puts them on you wont see any.
    they do look pretty but i would prefer if they were staggerd so not all exploding at same time and then they can have own sequences going off if you like but they look goo din the dark only downfall is they cause so much lag and the game to crash easier

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Although I love the fireworks, I agree that having them all over the island may be a bit much. As an alternative to a full island buff, how about making fireworks that only affect the mayor's house? I think I'd really like that.

World
    Sandycove
    ... or just epic buildings?

Ruler of the Land TheVictorious's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    No, it is really confusing, you can't really buff buildings without getting lost of which one is buffed and which one is not, and there is no way at all to know is that buff applied by you or friend did it.

Firework design is awful, and I'm pretty sure BB doesn't have anybody good as the old guys who came with the first version of the game, I feel most graphic design things done without passion and just a task to finish.

If that buff was getting some kind of aura like the original buff + less frequent than this one, + got a different look from the one applied by a friend and the one applied by you, then I might say yes.

But for this version ... NOOOOO
    Hello People

World
    Sandycove
    I like the fireworks and the design of the graphics and it's a great change of pace. However it does get hard on the eyes after a while if you have a lot of buffs going and it has the side effect of hiding collectibles in some places - especially the ones hanging out in improved storehouses if there is a buffed building to the left.

If it's popular enough an option to use that one instead of the standard perhaps. Better yet I think is a zone buff that you can make going forward to apply if you want and the players that prefer the standard effect can just forget about it.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread