Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Scouting Post

World
    Sandycove
    I didn't itemize camp-by-camp but some estimations based on the Wiki base value and my records of what I normally earn:

As expected (compared to what I hoped) the bonus appears to be only on the base. So assuming a camp worth 1000 exp and a general with 3 skill books in fast learner you would get:

1000 + (1000 * .30) + (1000 *20) or 1000+300+200 for a total of 1500 for that camp. I was hoping that the 20% would be on top of the general skills but it's not (which is normally how other things like buffs are done anyway so fair enough).

I didn't try to drill in the details of Mary but I expect that the +20% is only on the base value of the camp.

As to whether or not it's worth it that's purely a subjective thing and how much you value the materials spent to activate the scouting post. I tend to be ok on book materials so for me more exp is good. With premium and 2 woodcutters I ended up approx. +44k which makes a few hinges and adv paper well worth it.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    As to whether or not it's worth it that's purely a subjective thing and how much you value the materials spent to activate the scouting post. I tend to be ok on book materials so for me more exp is good. With premium and 2 woodcutters I ended up approx. +44k which makes a few hinges and adv paper well worth it.
    Cutter for me usually 204k (excluding prem), with the post 218K. Princess was biggest difference, usually 762k, with post 843k, kerching!!! Do 2 cutters, then start Princess, comfortably achievable within the 2 hour window.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I use mary for ywc so just got 279k with her and the scouting post 419k with prem

World
    Newfoundland
    Ok I've just tested something: I used an extra xp buff and then started an adv. So far, so good.
    I finished that adv well within the 2h window but for some reason I wanted to test if I could move the scouting post while the adv (and the 48h cooldown) were ongoing.
    Moving the scouting post while in cooldown is not possible. It automatically goes back to its original location after a few seconds.
    So I demolished it before rebuilding it, to its new place.
    By doing so, the cooldown is still ongoing (that's logical) but it looks as if whatever was left of the 2h window has vanished.
    It cannot be found in the zone-wide buff at the top of the screen and yes, there should have been at least 25 mins left from the original 2h window.
    Not the end of the world of course, but be warned that once activated you cannot (re)move the scouting post at least until the 2h window is consummed entirely.
    Live and learn

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    I use mary for ywc so just got 279k with her and the scouting post 419k with prem
    419k xp is nice but how long took the adv. and how many troops were used?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamlejeg View Post
    419k xp is nice but how long took the adv. and how many troops were used?
    cant tell you exactly troop losses already deleted the mails its no more then 600 ms as you only use ms am and mm and 150 recruits on final attack....took me around 90 minutes can easily be done in less just real life doesnt allow me to sit and play undisturbed ...and as for losses i know loads can do it in half or less ..but i made this map as i like to do as few adv as possible so anything that allows more xp gain is ok by me

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    So if I understand this correctly, in order to get the full 20% from Scout Post I should

1. remove all enhancements from all generals

2. don't use Mary on any of these ventures

3. kill every camp with unskilled generals

and then I can enjoy the 20% bonus?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammok View Post
    So if I understand this correctly, in order to get the full 20% from Scout Post I should

1. remove all enhancements from all generals

2. don't use Mary on any of these ventures

3. kill every camp with unskilled generals

and then I can enjoy the 20% bonus?
    Sounds about right from testing

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hiswitzend View Post
    Sounds about right from testing
    Cheers, took a while for it to sink it. It will be great on the Mountain Clan campaigns with just tavern generals and killing every camp, my taverns are all unskilled currently.

My pop cap just a little low to manufacture the amount of troops needed doing MCC that way, but as soon as I hit 100k pop I'll let you all know how it goes.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Should not be necessary to change generals skils or not use Mary - XP used for calculating the 20% depend on bandits in camp - not on which general ( and what skills general has ) kills the camp - you just have to kill camp with general or buff-kill to get the 20% extra for that camp

Reply to Thread