Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Scouting Post

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I get more than 196k xp on ywc with just my generals, no scout post.

Perhaps if BB had explained the "bonus" completely ignores the skill trees, which cost a lot of time and trouble, and also ignored any other generic built in bonus, MARY, then people would not be so angry, disappointed and annoyed.

Over promised but under delivered, always disappoints.

I would suspect many people would agree with t00tie, I certainly do.

World
    Sandycove
    Other things don't give you bonuses on bonuses. They work off the base value. So I wasn't surprised at all.
    It comes down to either you think you get enough bonus to warrant the cost or you don't. It happens that I do think it's worth it. Sorry there are others that don't. To an extent you really didn't pay for it in the classic sense, you participated in an event and got it as part of that participation.

As usual, you can just not use it. Beyond that I can't see any point in discussing it except for technical details of how it works. Discussing relative value is now pointless.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by t00tie View Post
    The scouting post is rubbish and doesn't work, by design. It needs a serious rethink and redesign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammok View Post
    Perhaps if BB had explained the "bonus" completely ignores the skill trees, which cost a lot of time and trouble, and also ignored any other generic built in bonus, MARY, then people would not be so angry, disappointed and annoyed.
    Scouting Post info states, "+20% experience from defeated enemies..."

+20% is the exact same format that regular buffs and zone buffs use, so the fact that the bonus is additive and not multiplicative should not be a surprise. Anyone who thought differently has obviously not properly digested the information they have been presented with. BB did not over promise, nor did they under deliver. As far as I can see, we got exactly what they said we would get. Any misunderstanding on our part is no fault of theirs.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 09.10.18 at 21:43. Reason: typo

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    So you are saying the base value shown by the Wiki is only increasing by 7.5% for you? Wow!

According to the Wiki the value for Woodcutter is 139,962
    My records show I earn 185,000
    When I play it with the scouting post I get 196,000

139,962 + 20% = 167,954. But I'm getting 196,000.

Hmm..... looks like good bonus to me
    Erm... Surely out of the 185k xp you normally get, this includes skills from generals?

If we round up the base xp from YWC to 140k and you usually get 185k out of it, that means then that your generals skills bonus amount to 45k.
    Now substract that from your new -with scouting post- total of 196k. That becomes 151k.
    So the total with scouting post (151k) minus the base (140k) is obviously 11k.
    And 11k out of the original base of 140k is... 7.85%.
    This is actually the extra xp that the scouting post brings you. After 2 weeks of emptying storehouses of valuable and expensive resources accross all servers.

Thing is the full 20% extra xp on the base can only be obtained by defeating all camps, no block whatsoever. In this case 20% of 140k would be 28k, not counting the generals skills bonus.
    As you "only" get 11k extra bonus, then you're missing out on 17k extra xp by blocking camps on YWC, thus you don't get 20% but less than half that, 7.85%.

I mentioned it before but the scouting post is the response of BB to finally, after all these years, discourage people to using blocks which were never encouraged in the first place...
    Last edited by Elco; 09.10.18 at 22:08.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    i got exactly the same XP from addy using the scout post as i usualy get. Started the scout post runing after i started the addy and it took longer than 2 hrs to complete the addy so got no bonus XP. looks like to get the bonus XP u have to start the buff before starting the addy and complete it within 2 hrs.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    i got exactly the same XP from addy using the scout post as i usualy get. Started the scout post runing after i started the addy and it took longer than 2 hrs to complete the addy so got no bonus XP. looks like to get the bonus XP u have to start the buff before starting the addy and complete it within 2 hrs.
    You are partly correct buff needs to be activated first then the adv but when you finish doesnt matter

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammok View Post
    I get 7.5% killing every single camp, no blocking, blockers and those that miss a camp or two can expect half that or less.

Not seen or heard of anyone getting higher than 7.5%, but maybe MCC give higher return on what you would get usually.
    Killing every camp mean killing EVERY camp with general - no camps bypassed - if you want 20% more than wiki XP

World
    Newfoundland
    I did a Third Thief yesterday after firing up the Scout Hut, and definitely got the bonus. I then launched a Treasure of Wisdom with 2 minutes to spare, and finished it over the next three or so hours - bonus also received. However, the XP I got back wasn't +20% - Third Thief came in at about +15%, ToW about +18%. A similar test with YWC returned +8%. This tells me that the bonus is only applied to the camps actually defeated directly in combat, and doesn't apply to blocking or skipped camps.

To get the full 20%, you need to actively take down every camp. This can of course be tested with Sleepy Reef, SotV, SE and other adventures where you don't really get much choice.

If you read the description within the scout hut, it does explicitly state that the bonus applies to adventures started while the buff is active.
    Last edited by Wulfmeister; 07.11.18 at 18:06.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    So... practically they give us a choice between losing almost double the troops for the remaining 12% XP we're missing out on it or just blocking it the old way and just killing them FAST (which is really the ultimate reason i ever wanted to block) and still have enough time to run a second YWC before the buff runs out and start another Adventure as a third and sleep on it if i feel like it, so practically, wasting more than half of the bonus i was given for "free" (i left my Steel Swords running for days without expecting or wanting any of the 1K goal rewards, i just wanted to do my part in the community goal as a large majority did) but sparin more than 40% of my troops, which from 2 Adventures might as well make up almost for another entire third Adventure of the same kind...

That makes up for the worse way of convincing me to stop blocking so far as i can't find it worth clicking the thing to activate it for what it gives me at the best, and i'm pretty good so it's not me, it's the limits that can't be broken or even bended which set the line and the line is far below the belt this time again.

Now, from the way Xibor put it, the only thing technical i'd like to discuss about it here is how could BB take it from me and give it to him since he seems to enjoy it so much, because for me, i'd rather use that spot for a Golden Bench, my woman likes the design but i still like the Golden Bench better. And from my point of view, with all the numbers taken in consideration, they're worth just about the same to me.

It's that simple actually.
    We gambled, we gambled for fair chances and got shortchanged... I will never forget nor will stop reminding the Arctic Iron mine's "you were taking advantage of a bug" (approximate words) remark here on Forums, while i was here fresh new and had no way of knowing except from what BB itself had quoted, that buildings with the "Star" icon on them should return in "Star Menu" once depleted/demolished and i used the mines, they worked exactly as officially declared and designed to work by all i could possibly be made aware unless there was some new kind of logic coming out from BB's HQ. Meanwhile, it's a whole different math and logic coming out of BB's HQ this time and some people just seem to blindly nod along while appreciating 44K XP per day as opposed to those who make over 1M XP daily on regular basis (without LS, just their own Adventuring = time and patience besides their money invested in it) and get rewarded with just about as much if not less.

Yes, it's that simple, logic is logic for everyone the same, the patterns change but rules apply the same:
    ((100% + 100%) + 30%) + 20% + Premium != (100% +100% + 30%) + Premium + "the 20% of the first 100%", that's what makes no sense and is completely illogical and gives me no surprise why everyone is so bitter about BB's attitude to players.

You call me into throwing resources i can hardly afford in good will with a smile on my face doing something nice with all the millions of settlers together and then to be rewarded with a nice little gift for the millions of settlers all together to make 20% extra XP to such a small cost (seriously, stop using the excuse, nobody cares about the cost, it's an ironical point, i really doubt anybody has any real complaints about the cost) ...but turns out the sweet cake is a salty cold pie served on the shiny plate of the 25th anniversary of TSO itself.

So yeah, thanks, at least they should have made sure not to "leave space" for such "misunderstandings" (i feel offended to call them that...) for such an important point in the entire game's history actually, while preparing to bring in major changes. They have the community and the player base on their side but they choose to just throw stuff at us rather than serve us a delicious crumble with a bit of dignity involved in the process, the major mistake of the ones making decisions from behind a desk while hardly ever even getting to see the view of an Island at all let alone actively playing the game as an actual player.

BB/MoD may feel free to add a spoiler if you think it's needed...

World
    Newfoundland
    you may want to check the changelog update

The XP boost from buffs of the Scouting Post has been increased from 20% to 50%
    Leader of The Hell Unleashed [THU] on Newfoundland
    Addicted to Settlers, coffee and chocolate, in that order

Reply to Thread