Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] ChangeLog 16/10/18

World
    Sandycove
    Now that the coffee has finally kicked in I found the changes to the mail window and see the scouting post declaring 50% exp boost (despite what I first thought and posted in the thread about the scouting post). It looks like the update was fine. The mail window changes will prove handy at times and I'm looking forward to trying out the scouting post later.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    Therefore the update was indeed applied? Nothing changed on the main page and I don't see any changes to the mail window so I wasn't sure.

Edited: Rechecking the update list I do see other changes in effect like the merchant, footie pitch, etc. and now that I've read all my mail I might not be seeing any differences there. It was mainly the main page not changing the update notice to "complete" that threw me...

Thanks for the info about the scouting post.
    The mailbox has new filtering options and the new mass accept button.

Post moved to more appropriate thread.
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 18.10.18 at 10:47.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    So I checked the mail "improvements" and to my surprise found out that it is nearly useless. I thought it will work like a filter in terms "show battle reports" etc. where selected category would be displayed, same as categories in TO work. You select or deselect a category and relevant items appear or disappear from the list. As it is, it's completely blind operation. Select items, don't know where, collect and delete them, don't know what you got. That's useless to me as I want to know what I am doing. With this limited functionality I guess the only use for me is mass delete battle reports and buff mails, but even with that, if I wanted to keep some of those battle reports for future reference this system does not make it much easier then before.

In summary, if it worked like TO it would have been much more useful. i don't have time to check everything on test but this time I regret I didn't.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle

Mail Window

I dont think this is quite what players had in mind when they asked for an update to mail system bb. Personally I was hoping it would actually do something, perhaps folders and filtering.

I see no enhancement here at all, apart from maybe the collect all loot button, but you could have just put that as an option on the existing drop down menu and i think curiosity will get the better of ppl and they will soon return to collecting mail old skool, so they can see what explo's have brought home.

At least its not as bad as the barracks upgrade a few yrs ago (pre move to top/bottom buttons) which didn't help gameplay in any way and actually slowed down the queueing process quite a lot!

Maybe i am missing something and there are some very useful upgrades here....

Merged
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 16.10.18 at 21:19.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    • I like the changes to the mail interface. Not quite what I was expecting, but has already proven useful to me.
    • I am also really appreciating the new layout for the Merchant Window. Such a simple change, but one that makes it so much easier to navigate to the one section I am using on a (pretty much) daily basis - namely Epic Items.

World
    Sandycove
    I notice now that from time to time when I've received mail that clicking on the mail flag (the one up by the avatar) doesn't do anything, I have to go down to the main toolbar at the bottom. But other times the mail flag does work. I haven't noticed that before - only since the update. It doesn't really hurt anything but it was nice that the one click opened the mail window.

qawpaw
    I notice now that from time to time when I've received mail that clicking on the mail flag (the one up by the avatar) doesn't do anything, I have to go down to the main toolbar at the bottom. But other times the mail flag does work. I haven't noticed that before - only since the update. It doesn't really hurt anything but it was nice that the one click opened the mail window.
    same here

Btw it woud have been nice if we could have been able to delete every mail in outbox,
    without that option not worth anything here.
    Last edited by qawpaw; 17.10.18 at 04:01.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Therefore the update was indeed applied? Nothing changed on the main page and I don't see any changes to the mail window so I wasn't sure.
    When opening mail window only visible change it new arrow next to 'select all' check box in top left corner

Post moved to more appropriate thread.
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 18.10.18 at 10:48.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    Very nice improvements to mailbox. Very happy specially with the mass collect option.

So whats the most number of loots anyone has accepted? Heard some ppl not accepting stuff for years.
    Worst. Comedian. EVER.

World
    Sandycove
    The only thing I've noticed about the new mail format is that accepting a lot of battle results or loot from explorers can take a very long time. Beyond that some of the features are handy.

Reply to Thread