Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: [Feedback] ChangeLog 16/10/18

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    The only thing I've noticed about the new mail format is that accepting a lot of battle results or loot from explorers can take a very long time. Beyond that some of the features are handy.
    A collect all feature is something we requested for a long time, they the Devs had looked at solutions in the past. Unfortunately their previous attempts had resulted in such a game performance hit that they felt it was not worth even worth putting on the test server. I was mildly surprised when this appeared, while we get a bit of a wait I feel it's comparable to queuing a few thousand recruits in the barracks and does appear to be faster than collecting/deleting each mail one at a time.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    A collect all feature is something we requested for a long time, they the Devs had looked at solutions in the past. Unfortunately their previous attempts had resulted in such a game performance hit that they felt it was not worth even worth putting on the test server. I was mildly surprised when this appeared, while we get a bit of a wait I feel it's comparable to queuing a few thousand recruits in the barracks and does appear to be faster than collecting/deleting each mail one at a time.
    Overall I agree. But I think it depends on your connection speed somewhat. After a Woodcutter I tried it and I waited at least 3 minutes before it finally finished, when before I would just scan through and tick each battle report and then delete all. Server load comes and goes so maybe I was just hitting a bad time on that end. For my playing style the changes are of limited use because I'm online almost all the waking hours (therefore only working with a few mails at a time) and I like seeing what my explorers bring back but already it's proved handy in some cases and I can see how for other players it would be a huge time saver.

I guess the all-to-common experience of watching an hour glass spin and never have it coming back requiring a refresh which eats up my data allowance if I'm remote kind of makes me a little hesitant of telling the server to go do a bunch of stuff for me and I'll wait until it's finished, when it's really not that much work for me to do it myself.

But my conclusion is that it is an improvement overall for the majority of players and therefore was worthwhile (even if I would have made the interface different if I did it myself).

Augmented
    I was having other performance issues and decided to do the 'ole "clear browser cache" and completely closed all browsers and did just about everything short of rebooting and not only did the other performance issues improve (e.g. buffs taking a long time to apply) but the speed of the mail window (at least with only a page or so of loot mail) was also much better. So it appears some of the delay I was seeing was clogged pipes on my end. I thought I would mention that.
    Last edited by Xibor; 20.10.18 at 03:04.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread