Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bug with lack of adv funds in the Mountain Ventures

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Guide writers are only human and can make mistakes, mistakes which don't get spotted until after adventures arrive on the live servers due to the random nature of combat rolls. We also have the fact that the devs have said that based upon the feedback on the test forums we the players have yet to discover all the quirks in these MCC ventures, quirks like if you accept the higher losses from not having all the buffs you receive better loot in the follow-on ventures.

FYI the DSO sim has Risi.
    Last edited by Dorotheus; 15.10.18 at 22:57. Reason: additional info
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fafarona View Post
    ...there is no simulator which can be used for all ventures, last camp in last venture, simulator DO NOT HAVE that boss (Risi) to sim

According by my opinion, Wiki and BB must work together, so we can use "base" guide and we can wait bit for better simulator, but it past lot of time now and I noticed how wiki guide maded by "test version", as there are now different types of troops in the Ventures with no simulator to use.
    Your first point about no simulator is incorrect. I use one all the time. So far it's had every adventure, general, camp, etc. There is a little confusion on Risi because it's strength varies based on the remaining generals but in that simulator (which shows all combinations of Risi) I just pick the toughest one and figure I'm safe.

If you get the skills right (also easily done with this calculator) I have found it to be 100% accurate and I can predict losses down the a single unit.

Your 2nd point is incorrect due to the very definition of a Wiki. They are 'open source' in a different way of expressing it. They can be wrong. The only truth is your generals with your troops, anything else is an estimate which may be a good estimate or (not varies) depending on the source. I've found the Wiki very well managed and very well done and an excellent guide which as I mentioned before due to general skills must be considered a starting point.

We should then agree to disagree because I like the new adventures, one time through (usually) and I have my own optimized spreadsheet that I trust, have found a calculator that I trust, and if I want to try different attack combinations I take a look at some of the Wiki guides for inspiration. So I have all the tools I need. And personally I can't imagine anything worse than just taking someone else'es guide and doing everything it says and not even requiring much thought anymore. It's much more fun to take the Wiki, look at the estimated losses, do my own work, save a few extra troops, maybe invent my own block here and there (Diwata is better at that than I am) and make the adventure a little more than mindless instruction following.

I would post the link of the simulator but sometimes I'm not sure what qualifies as a link that can be posted and one that cannot so I'm on the careful side. But I found reference to it somewhere in the forums. I'm sure someone will know if you ask around. There are several but I've found one to be the best for me.
    Last edited by Xibor; 15.10.18 at 23:15.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread