Closed Thread

Thread: Maintenance (again)

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

Angry Maintenance (again)

For pity's sake BB, why are you still doing this?
    Just logged in to find servers closed for database maintenance an hour ago.
    Warning has clearly been put up somewhen today, so yet again those of us on different timezones have been stuffed, and even the 9 to 5'ers will have had no chance to rearrange schedules in time to accommodate this interruption.
    Now the French servers posted this up 2 days earlier, so on there we had time to adjust, but here (and sadly on German servers too), the first we hear of it is after the deed has been done.
    There goes another week's login progress again, and explorers will be sitting idle and buildings unbuffed (particularly bad as some resources have been completely drained by the Jubilee event).
    You knew this was coming at least 2 days earlier yet chose not to inform us until far too late.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

World
    Sandycove
    I concur. I noticed it earlier being in NZ but the notification was not up early enough for players in all time zones. Remember most players play. They don't tend to notice the main page unless they have logged out (for the most part to go to bed) and then see the main page when logging in (the wary ones of us make sure to refresh the page to see the current news). Only then might you notice.

Since there was no reason/details given one can only speculate. But being part of an organization where customer outages are not taken lightly if we are forced to have to down part or all of our services this is coordinated with the customers long in advance and with multiple warnings (splash screens, etc.).

If it's an emergency of course you do the best you can and sometimes there is no choice, but by definition a "maintenance" is a scheduled set of BAU and should be anything but a surprise.

Many are adjusting back to normal after the end of the event and preparing for Halloween which is coming very soon. A 12 hour outage is not a good look right now.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Nothing changed before left BB_Saqui

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I concur. I noticed it earlier being in NZ but the notification was not up early enough for players in all time zones. Remember most players play. They don't tend to notice the main page unless they have logged out (for the most part to go to bed) and then see the main page when logging in (the wary ones of us make sure to refresh the page to see the current news). Only then might you notice.

Since there was no reason/details given one can only speculate. But being part of an organization where customer outages are not taken lightly if we are forced to have to down part or all of our services this is coordinated with the customers long in advance and with multiple warnings (splash screens, etc.).

If it's an emergency of course you do the best you can and sometimes there is no choice, but by definition a "maintenance" is a scheduled set of BAU and should be anything but a surprise.

Many are adjusting back to normal after the end of the event and preparing for Halloween which is coming very soon. A 12 hour outage is not a good look right now.
    I did not notice any announcement - would have been nice to know last night - now I could not log in before work this morning- lucky for me I have time now.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    May I point you towards the Ubisoft Terms of Use

Especially to part

17.3 Modification of Access to Services and Content
    a. UBISOFT may modify the Content for any reason or without any specific reason, at any time, in particular for technical reasons such as
    updates, maintenance operations and/or resets to improve and/or optimize the Services.

Thread closed

Closed Thread