Reply to Thread

Thread: Mine Buff Bank

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Mine Buff Bank

Placing buffs on mines will always have two results, either the mine runs dry before the buff has ended or the buff ends before the mine runs dry. With a mine buff bank you can use buff time that you have collected from adventure loot or bought from the merchant etc and set your own time on how long the buff will run for. It would be just like collecting deposit in your star menu and used in the same way. Then any buff time that remains after the mine runs dry goes back into your star menu. There could be +100%, +200% or even +300% buff time.

Buff name: Buff Time
    Buff image:
    Attached Images

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    How would you know how long a buff to apply ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I know it doesn't directly link to the suggestion, but there is a web based calculator:
    http://grodanboll.se/tsoc/

The suggestion of having buildings automatically sleep when unbuffed has been suggested a few times (similar to this)

Another suggestion could be to have an option where when placing supplies on a resource you can pick either the quantity of the resource or how long you want it to last (so the amount is picked automatically based on the buildings level/amount of buildings/travel time).

But in general I would agree there could do with something being done regarding the mines running dry/stuff running unbuffed without having to set a bunch of alarms outside the game.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    By working it out. Divide the deposit by amount it reduces every cycle. Then times that number by how long each cycle takes, equals how long you need the buff to be.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    I know it doesn't directly link to the suggestion, but there is a web based calculator:
    http://grodanboll.se/tsoc/

The suggestion of having buildings automatically sleep when unbuffed has been suggested a few times (similar to this)

Another suggestion could be to have an option where when placing supplies on a resource you can pick either the quantity of the resource or how long you want it to last (so the amount is picked automatically based on the buildings level/amount of buildings/travel time).

But in general I would agree there could do with something being done regarding the mines running dry/stuff running unbuffed without having to set a bunch of alarms outside the game.
    I never knew about that calculator. Thanks for sharing It will help with keeping mines buffed and kind of discards my idea Took me ages on that image an' all
    Last edited by PELIAS; 11.10.18 at 20:26.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    As mentioned by PELIAS:
    Example: I have a gold mine that has a cycle of 12:28. 28 is close enough to 1/2 hour for me.
    So if I have 200 gold in that deposit it will last:
    (200 * 12.5) / 60 = hours of time mine will run

Normally I don't go down to the minutes level estimating fractions of hours is enough but you could if you wanted to.

As far as the overall suggestion goes it sounds more complicated to me than simply keeping track of my important buffs and placing the appropriate ones.
    Last edited by Xibor; 11.10.18 at 20:28.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread