Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What would you do next ???

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    My expectation is that BB would refund lost items.
    If only one player is affected then it is a very small task for the support team.

Are other players losing items in the same way but not realising it or not bothering to contact support knowing it will be a pointless exercise?

On the ingame help tab players often ask for advice on 'glitches' and are normaly advised to 'open a ticket with support' never are they told to just ignore it as support will do nothing and fob them off and close the ticket without offering a resolution.

If as said above that it's 'a free game' and that support cannot be expected to spend time looking for the fault then What is the point of support tickets?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletz View Post
    My expectation is that BB would refund lost items.
    If only one player is affected then it is a very small task for the support team.
    Much as I hate to continue this discussion I do think this part warrants an answer. How do BB know that your 'issue' is genuine? Am guessing you had no screenshots showing the 'disappearing' items. Assuming that they did refund, without proof. Then word gets around "oh yeah just raise a ticket and they'll give you stuff, no problem". BB are inundated with claims.
    The reason to raise tickets is so that BB become aware that its not just a single individual experiencing an issue.

I get it that at your lvl the loss hurts and I'd trade you some but we're on different servers.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I just tried it, stack of 123 lucky rabbit feet, used one on a titanium mine, had 122 left

any additional information on which mine? what level the mine was? did you have any other buffs running such as the global mining guide buff?

Its probably the kind of thing that's hard to prove, if they kept a database of every buff gained and used along with a running total then it would probably become huge quite quickly.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer123 View Post
    Much as I hate to continue this discussion
    I agree that you ought to have stayed out! The suggestion that players of a game that SELLS product and only survives because of the people that pay the producer cold, hard cash should just suck up a bug and forget it is silly.

Support have been poor in every dealing I've ever had with them (though one guy was quietly amusing as he did nothing!) and I have paid out a decent whack in my keener spells as a player over the years. I expected better. My money deserved more. It's also worth pointing out that paying players would have a very poorly populated game without the non-payers. Everyone contributes.

I tend to forgive them a bit as I always imagine the BB team assigned to this game is fairly small, but that doesn't excuse ignoring players with problems.

If you're a freeloader, get off the forum, cheapskate! ;-)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeLido View Post
    I agree that you ought to have stayed out! The suggestion that players of a game that SELLS product and only survives because of the people that pay the producer cold, hard cash should just suck up a bug and forget it is silly.
    Its not silly it is realistic and real world. Don't forget that it's a FREE game for many many people, you don't need to pay cold, hard cash. That's your choice and it doesn't mean I'm freeloading,[removed];-)

Please refrain from insulting others
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 20.10.18 at 00:35.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer123 View Post
    Its not silly it is realistic and real world. Don't forget that it's a FREE game for many many people, you don't need to pay cold, hard cash. That's your choice and it doesn't mean I'm freeloading,[removed] ;-)
    You're right and everyone is wrong then, yes? [removed]. Goodnight.

Please refrain from insulting others
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 20.10.18 at 00:56.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    "How do BB know that your 'issue' is genuine?" <If support can't check then bang goes the need for a support team in most cases.
    "guessing you had no screenshots showing the 'disappearing' items" <Totally unrealistic.
    If it's unrealistic to expect a refund of lost items it must be unrealistic to expect people to PAY for content that can lost in an instant with no chance of getting it back.

I started this thread asking 'what would you do next?' I would expect most players would suggest asking support to take a look via a support ticket.
    Well that's what I did and have done quite a few times prior to this, the outcome has been the same on every ticket over the last 2 years,
    No Support, No Resolution.

Support? What's the point?

World
    Sandycove
    Obviously knowing exactly what might be happening on either side of the issue is impossible. So there's really no point in the debate. It's unknown what circumstances might be involved for the player and what circumstances might be involved for the support team.

I'm willing to assume neither side is lying and I'm also willing to assume that neither side is trying to be unfair.

I know from an IT support perspective which I'm often professionally a part of a report by a user that appears to be a one-off (e.g. hasn't been reported by anyone else) and doesn't have any supporting evidence is a very difficult issue. And since no one here (as far as I know) knows exactly how the databases are structured, what kind of logging is in place, etc. it may or may not be possible to even attempt to trace the issue. I've seen it myself - real glitches that seem to never occur and have no explanation. They are impossible to diagnose. And to expect support to use an honor system and trust every report would obviously leave them open to a lot of abuse (and I am certain there are those who would abuse it if they thought they could).

So I'm very sorry for the issue but I can't see how much can be done unless others can also report similar type activity that can lead to the finding of a code bug. Beyond that, it's just sad for the player.

Perhaps present your case beyond the forum in the trade market/trade wall and ask for reasonably priced rabbit charms and see what happens. Some players might be willing to trade at a special rate given your situation. Unfortunately I'm afraid other requests would follow that wouldn't have your truth behind them.

Good luck.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    SAdly I have today been the victim of the "clear cache, flush DNS" brigade at support on a different issue. My issue was resolved by someone on the forum - and I have posted this to "support" today so they have an answer for any future queries on the matter.

After over 6 years of playing this game, I found the generic clear cache response from BB insulting and shameful to say the least - good luck with trying to get any further on this gibbletz, you are going to need it if this remains the kind of "Technical Support" we can expect in the future..

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    i encountered a bug earlier this year ... involving steam. I was the only one to find it .. but it was game breaking - and I was frozen out of my account for about a week. After a lot of mails through to support both BB and Steam and also BB_Acadma being directly whispered by various friends a work around was created. I have heard of one or 2 more people encountering the bug since but it really was at the time just affecting me. Inevitably i got the mails from Steam nd BB blaming the other .. and the clear cache etc mails .. none of which worked.

Kudos to BB_Acadma for stepping in personally with the support team (as well as welcome suggestions from techy people in my guild) to resolve the issue... as for what I would suggest doing ... hopefully given what I and my friends did .. you have a hint

Once again if you see this .. many thanks BB_Acadma

Diddy

Reply to Thread