Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Halloween Event 2018

World
    Newfoundland
    Not having really progressed in the game for 2 (or is it 3 years already?) I was really happy to finally get back. Prepared for the event adventures was really exited. This event was supposed to be my big comeback - get to 65, after play MCC, get to 70, maybe go all the way.
    Instead its another straw in the pile of last straws. Im starting a new pile of last last straws. Ill limp this one home but if this mistake isnt corrected I wont be back for xmas.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I can't imagine what kind of development there would need to be?!? If Adventure = A or Adventure = B or Adventure = C.... then CampExp = CampEx= * 2)

There - done.
    Someone still needs to know the appropriate files and locations to edit, know how to commit them back to VCS, make a deployable build for the hotfix and then deploy it to all the +50 servers and activate it at the same time since it might not be possible to update all servers on the same day

It's something fishy anyways since they straight out went to cross over the 2x xp text and said sorry and did not attempt or schedule a hotfix, ie. for next week. Some ro the key people are missing or it was a gameplay related decision like you said elsewhere.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 23.10.18 at 13:17.

jrma1033
    Seasonal Adventure 2X experience boost is back after the hotfix today, thank you!

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Oh for pity's sake pick a goddamn line and stick with it!

Either stick with your decision not to do something instead of suddenly caving to the whiners with a surprise maintenance. Or decide to do the damned maintenance and give us a proper warning.

Please keep your language suitable for PEGI-7 rules.
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 23.10.18 at 15:21.

World
    Sandycove
    It's a +1 from me BB deciding to go with their original promise.

Now, what about my retrospective xp h,mmmm

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    So we are losing 4 hours from the event - 4 hours less to send explorers and do adventures, all because some people were upset about not getting double xp? We will wind up with less pumpkins at the end, and the xp is definitely not worth it to me. Sad that BB caved to some peoples' complaints.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    So we are losing 4 hours from the event - 4 hours less to send explorers and do adventures, all because some people were upset about not getting double xp? We will wind up with less pumpkins at the end, and the xp is definitely not worth it to me. Sad that BB caved to some peoples' complaints.
    BB normally extend all this - wait and see

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Wouldn't a better time to be doing a hotfix be during the night when most are sleeping? Maybe 2AM?
    People losing hours of their playtime during peak hours during an event could be planned better.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    Oh for pity's sake pick a goddamn line and stick with it!

Either stick with your decision not to do something instead of suddenly caving to the whiners with a surprise maintenance. Or decide to do the damned maintenance and give us a proper warning.
    It's an event... by now you always should be expecting at least 1 hotfix in the first couple days.

As for caving in to whinnings... if it was something else i could agree with you, but in this case the whinning was more then justified, the annoucment was made on the dev diary and lots of people prepared acordingly, for example i spent weeks making extra elite troops to do wisdoms, as many did i bet, because at my evel the double loot thing is not really an incentive, while the exp one is. Cutting that on the day of release was like telling you that you would be travelling to hawai for your vacation and while you were on the plane flying say "opsies... we're going to the Alpes" and you having all those swimsuits on your lugage.

BB did very well fix this.
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 23.10.18 at 15:18.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Wouldn't a better time to be doing a hotfix be during the night when most are sleeping? Maybe 2AM?
    People losing hours of their playtime during peak hours during an event could be planned better.
    Some would say it's better to get things right first time than to require a hotfix with every event ....

Reply to Thread