Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Halloween Event 2018

World
    Sandycove
    I agree that the refills are too hard to get. Most people can't adventure full time.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    stealing takes 26 minutes to complete from when you first start it till when you click end ...doing this i havent had a issue with keeping up with refills nor making more then enough that i sell a few hundred refills per day

and every couple days when my scouting hut resets i do a couple of TOW

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    The thing is Peajay, when you are sleeping the rest of us are up, so it does not matter what time they do the hotfix it is going to affect a lot of people somewhere.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    tavern generals? I think you mean explorers, unless you are suggesting a new addition to combat skills.
    Oops, may bad, yes the tavern explorers.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jove View Post
    Why don't we make the payout per adv level dependent?
    If you play a WoTS as a lvl70 you get less pumpkins than if a lvl20 plays the same adv.
    How about no? Cause giving a handful lower level players all the power worked so good at the anniversary event. It would end with a nerf to higher players and less ls for lowers players. Further killing the game. A loss-loss-loss for all players.
    Also there is a card some like to play - would give a reason to make a lower level account and feed it resources and adventure and send the adv rewards back to main. Against the rules.

First a 10+ level adventure should be available unlimited and cheapish from merchant for map frags.
    Higher levels would be stuck doing a million WC. Cause thats a lot of fun.. Same as BK only was.
    Then the drops should be rebalanced to match the actual effort to play an adventure. Not the higher level adventure nerf thats going on now.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 29.10.18 at 08:54.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jove View Post
    Why don't we make the payout per adv level dependent?
    If you play a WoTS as a lvl70 you get less pumpkins than if a lvl20 plays the same adv.
    I'm happy for the payout to be level dependent - as long as it's the level of adventure that counts.

WOTS (difficulty 3) should earn less than SftR (Difficulty 5) IMO, and both should earn less than SE (9).

Likewise, YWC and the 3 thief adventures should be in the same sort of range, all being difficulty 10 - but they should be higher than SE, given the relative cost and time to replace Elite troops.

Now, I have no issue with the concept of seasonal adventures - heck, I even understand the logic of trying to force us to do things we would normally avoid. However, this set of seasonals seems completely unbalanced in favour of higher-level players with SftR being the only one really available to lower level players - and even then, without at least soldiers and a fast gen to give at least the chance of blocking, it's not exactly the most straightforward of adventures.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't think it would work well and agree with what topgearfan said. This would encourage to people to multiaccount and grind adventures with their alt or just grinding the adventures themselves till finish and use low level lootspotters as mules to give them the event resources. At the same time lootspots costs would begin to be on level basis. Current lootspot swapping is already an unsupported feature and the previous issues would bring scammers or raise more issues with deals and BB changing the system.

High level does not necessarily mean a player has the capability to do high level adventures effortlessly.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    stealing takes 26 minutes to complete from when you first start it till when you click end ...doing this i havent had a issue with keeping up with refills nor making more then enough that i sell a few hundred refills per day

and every couple days when my scouting hut resets i do a couple of TOW
    26 mins including the travelling time of the generals? Wow - I'm impressed.

And clearly you have more time than most people. I've managed at least a Wisdom and a Mary most days and can't keep up with the refills I need. And I can't do that all the time.... there's the job, the bills, the yard work, etc.

I'm of the opinion that based on the rate of the fields exhausting, the available refills figuring the 70/30 split of lower/higher and the length of time of assorted adventures that in a day that also must include other things the numbers aren't reasonable for most people. I would prefer that if you did one or two of the event special adventures per day (clearly more than 1 for the smaller ones, 1 for the bigger ones) that it would be enough to keep up. That shows a fair commitment from the player for applying some effort. If it takes doing the adventures over and over and over just to keep the fields from exhausting then the numbers weren't calculated correctly.

Huge adventure grinding like you are indicating it's great for those who can and wish to sell. But needing to do it just to keep up I don't think makes the whole thing much fun.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    26 mins including the travelling time of the generals? Wow - I'm impressed.
    SFTR in ~30mins incl travel + LS Kill (if it's a 15min gen and invite is sent out in a timely manner) is perfectly doable.

The adventure I have gotten the most refills from is still TOW tho, use it in combination with scouting post and prem coin and tried to do as many as I could squeeze in. I heard from guild members that wild mary is decent with double loot bringing in the settlers lost on the adventure + a significant refill bonus, but not tried, since I haven't made a guide for it yet.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    SFTR in ~30mins incl travel + LS Kill (if it's a 15min gen and invite is sent out in a timely manner) is perfectly doable.

The adventure I have gotten the most refills from is still TOW tho, use it in combination with scouting post and prem coin and tried to do as many as I could squeeze in. I heard from guild members that wild mary is decent with double loot bringing in the settlers lost on the adventure + a significant refill bonus, but not tried, since I haven't made a guide for it yet.
    I'll trust you that you can finish SFTR in 15 min (30 min total - 15 travel). I didn't consider having a loot spotter do more than just do a token kill. Normally I do the whole run and just invite someone for the gravy...

I can say that Wild Mary I think is a good choice: Depending on the drop the loot can be quite nice, enough settlers the losses are offset and the refills can be good. For me it seems quite time consuming however but I don't tend to over-use horseshoes.

Reply to Thread