Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Halloween Event 2018

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyfrog View Post
    I have just completed Stealing from the rich a seasonal adventure, and have not received double pumpkins, double loot, or double xp as we were promised in the dev diary published 19 October.
    show a screenprint as stealing is giving double loot and double pumpkin refills just isnt giving double xp you should of got either 8 refill or a 18 one that is the doubled refill as normal amounts would be 4 or 9

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    OK Here goes
    I love playing Settlers. If I didnt I wouldnt be here. Well most of the time I love it. Stupid mistakes by the Devs annoy me and everyone else playing the game. We all make mistakes that part I accept. But when BB announce continuously for weeks that this year certain adventures would give double xp and then go back on that and say it was a mistake is ridiculous. Personally I wasnt going to do Wisdoms as they use arrows which I dont have many of. BUT I did sell over 130 of the adventures at a nice price to people who thought they were getting ready for an xp bonus.

The Devs need to be better prepared . You in honesty need to make amends for this Faux Pas Im not sure how but most people accepted that adventures were nt givng more loot (x3 last year) as they were getting abonus through xp.

Just a thought. For the sake of people who have invested heavily for this event PLEASE consider doing a 2 week special on ALL adventures where there is at least a plus 50% xp or more. I think that would satisfy most people.. This would not cost BB anything and would show some real goodwill and intent on your part

VinC

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    if I trusted BB I know they could look this up, but I imagine at this stage they will just ignore us once again

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'll bet we get a present, like 2 pumpkins and a 12 hour buff And than we're supposed to stop complaining

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Pretty much rulened my event as I now have 14k elite troops and no room for regular troops. So I still have to play those ToK and ToW until I can start halloween adventures.

Did you consider cancelling the whole event as you couldn't deliver or donating temporary 20 haunted mansions to all players so we could play regardless what troops we have? I didn't think before that this 3 army gameplay is very bad but you made your point now and convinced me that your product isn't any good.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Yeah it's sad. There is more stuff to buy than ever and no bonus adventures at all. Since there is not even an attempt to fix the situation I assume the decision makers or key parts of the development team is on vacation or just not available...
    I can't imagine what kind of development there would need to be?!? If Adventure = A or Adventure = B or Adventure = C.... then CampExp = CampEx= * 2)

There - done.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    So the double XP on seasonal adventures was "a mistake". Did it raise some player's expectations? Well that repeated, highlighted new feature of the event was certainly expected by some players - clearly a players mistake for reading the sneak peek and dev diary.

On a positive note, at least there was no emergency hotfix on the first day of the event!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulLG View Post
    So the double XP on seasonal adventures was "a mistake". Did it raise some player's expectations? Well that repeated, highlighted new feature of the event was certainly expected by some players - clearly a players mistake for reading the sneak peek and dev diary.

On a positive note, at least there was no emergency hotfix on the first day of the event!
    There's still time for that, Paul...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Strange bug, doing the "call from the unknown" quest. I've had 12 explorers complete medium searches, and only 3 of the 6 segments of the bar have triggered. Did try relogging, and it's been a hour at this point.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    Absolute damage bonus is anythign that adds a fixed number. Juggernauhgt gives a general +30 dmg (or whatever), that's an absolute dmg bonus. Battle frenzy gives a relative dmg bonus, i.e. a percentages increase of say 10% on the dmg you do.

When adding and multiplyign it matters in which order you do these things. They are clarifying that order. Which matters for those who write simulators quite a bit.
    Thanks for that
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Reply to Thread