Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Halloween Event 2018

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Wouldn't a better time to be doing a hotfix be during the night when most are sleeping? Maybe 2AM?
    People losing hours of their playtime during peak hours during an event could be planned better.
    they used to do it years a go weekly during nights but that always stopped the Australian and New Zealand players getting online
    maybe they doing it now because all ones that were moaning over lost XP are on at this time so they get some benefit from it

Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    So we are losing 4 hours from the event - 4 hours less to send explorers and do adventures, all because some people were upset about not getting double xp? We will wind up with less pumpkins at the end, and the xp is definitely not worth it to me. Sad that BB caved to some peoples' complaints.
    I 100% agree one day is double xp next its not next it is they need to make their minds up
    ok a few people moaned some more than others but some wasn't bothered like me just took it as it was and got on with the event.
    NOW though ok we didn't get much notice of the down time, but if people that cried on for the XP yesterday moan because lack of notice if they do as what did the expect it just to magically appear and no down time. they stamped their feet and spat dummies out and BB like you said caved to their complaints.
    BIG mistake they i think should just left it how it was we were narked yesterday no extra XP but odds are today I know i was like meh do what i can to get the refills for the fields the XP i don't care about.

The main problem with this event i feel is the refill drops in the loots are a joke if we have to try keep our fields going with not many troops or resources to make them etc etc. that is my main issue with this event so far

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Oooh a hotfix, now there's a shock...

I see it is to fix the x2 xp but do hope while they are at it they will fix the snack bar queue vanishing when done the event venture and fix the corrupted mail coding which is emptying people's inboxes of years of saved mails.

It is issues like these that are causing a longer queue at the exit to the game than at the entrance. People are concerned about the game dying because of flash going but at this rate the game will die before that.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Nice of BB to have a 4 hour hot fix without any warning

i could have done 4 woodys in this time now lose out on the refills i would have got from doing them

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's strange... the first frost is upon us, it's cold outside, but I'm feeling warm. What might account for this state? Ah, I know, it's a hotfix!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I too am very pleased that the original promise is now to be kept. I would like the resources for my flying red settlers back as well if possible.

So well done that BB person who won the day and boo hiss the Grinch who wanted to take it all away.

But just a trick for Halloween, certainly got me.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejollyone View Post
    It's a +1 from me BB deciding to go with their original promise.

Now, what about my retrospective xp h,mmmm
    yes, wish i hadnt done those ToWs now, still got the refills i guess ...

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Whatever they do somebody is gonna complain. Not keeping their promise is bad. Shutting the game for 4 hours when I can play is bad. Messing things up is bad. BB is cutting the tree they are sitting on. Why don't you just slow down, organise yourself and just do the things right the first time? No matter what and how they fix, this constant mess is spoiling a lot of fun. I didn't really care much about XP. Events are primarily a time to get some cool stuff for me. Downtime is not a big issue in itself either after all. Just this never-ending flow of issues is wearing me down causing me change my mind about this game. Now I say that it once used to be a good game, but not any more.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well done on listening to people in the game. Wish there wasnt such a long downtime but guess its needed. (20 million xp Bonus would be nice...... Just Saying hehehhehe ).... Could really have done with a bigger bonus drop of refills x3 But there u go its hard to please us all

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I stopped playing about 6 months ago, thought I'd give the Halloween event a go, but here we go again, nothing's changed, still no real testing other than on the game its self with us as the testers

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    The fact that they need 4 hours to multiple exp of few addies with 2, tells you everything about how bad this game is programmed.

Reply to Thread