Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The ore mining limitations

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Sparkz, Kotuko thank you for your opinions.

As for the proposal, Im all for any solution that would reduce the time I waste on everyday chores. At this point its nothing more than artificial inflation of time spent in game.
    Fully agree, I understand they try us to login every day and such, but god they actually throwing me away by that. I play daily more for the crystals, guild coins and such already, and they are great and not rage inducing as they don't break whole game for me if I wont do them.

Apart from copper ore, I found the rest of the ores were not really needed in huge quantities. Once you have enough militia/soldiers you only need small amounts of iron to replace any losses of them. I can sometimes go months without building new iron mines.
    I might be wrong, but sounds like you don't play PvP.. I do, and I like the tension that it could be taken from me or very happy when someone fails the attack.

I equally love both PvP and Addies.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    it seems to me all u want is bigger ore deposits. we would all like something changed in game but this is a very subjective and personal thing.

Perhaps u could find a resource(s) that u can trade for ore deposits. After all this is the current game model which seems to work for e1 else.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Get over it. We now have extra deposits on the archipelago and geologists that find double the size deposit. How's about if BB simply add 5/10/100 extra deposits for you?

You have what you have, learn to work with it, as the vast majority seem to do.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Jeez the guy was only making a suggestion that suits his way of playing. I too wish iron mines lasted longer but i am a lazy player playing for fun and not bothered about getting to lvl 75. Doubt BB will listen to you though unless you are on the favourites list they seem to run

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlight View Post
    Yes, we DO have the following options:

1. Refills
    2. Colonies
    3. Geologist Skills
    I think you're forgetting the most important option; buffs. I use steaks, but that's only a 100% buff. You could go as far as using a rainbow (or even upgrade to max and drop oil on it), if you want more ore. Sure there's up's and down's, but as you said;

This game is all about maintaining the economy...
    I apreciate new ideas, it keeps the game going. I'm not in favour of this one though.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Thank you for your opinions.

it seems to me all u want is bigger ore deposits. we would all like something changed in game but this is a very subjective and personal thing.
    To summarise, yes, but I tried to suggest something that we can "pay" than just asking bigger deposits. Other aspect, reduce grinding for the main resources of the game.

How's about if BB simply add 5/10/100 extra deposits for you?

You have what you have, learn to work with it, as the vast majority seem to do.
    If you really care about the game you should provide the feedback, it's up to BB to decide where is simply asking for freebies, and where players try to point out problematic/unfun aspects of the game.

Every game maker have to maintain the balance between fun and grinding. You can't sway too much into either side.
    Have game too easy, we would have everything too quickly and would get bored and lose interest, have the game too grindy - and we would be tired quickly.

Having the something to work towards is perfectly fine and healthy for the games, as long as you see the light at the end of tunnel. However, limiting one of the basic resources that are actively used in fun aspects of the game and then provide a lousy solution (refills0 that you have to grind to avoid the other grind is unhealthy. Especially if the game positions itself as "strategy" game.

Doubt BB will listen to you though unless you are on the favourites list they seem to run
    I think it's always better to provide the feedback if there are problems and gain the chance that there would be changes, than remaining silent and having zero chances. Plus they are reading, but they have the rights to disagree.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I think you're forgetting the most important option; buffs. I use steaks, but that's only a 100% buff. You could go as far as using a rainbow (or even upgrade to max and drop oil on it), if you want more ore. Sure there's up's and down's, but as you said;
    No, I haven't forgotten about buffs, if take my island as example, my ores are always lvl2 and always buffed with Irma, that is barely makes + trend in economy.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove
    I might be wrong, but sounds like you don't play PvP.. I do...
    I also play Colony Mode, though only started to recently after the Water Castle was changed to a population building. Since starting I haven't felt the need to up my iron chain at all. I am still running the same number of iron smelters as before - with the same buffing regime - and whilst it does take some work building the mines to keep them fed with ore, I certainly don't need to rebuild them daily. As it happens, I had so much excess ore in stock at the beginning of the anniversary event that I took a break from building iron mines for a while and only started up again last week.

World
    Sandycove
    I guess that makes my production chain beastly compared. I use the fancy iron willed geo(double deposit size). I upgrade them to level 3, and drop a steak. That fits nicely with the "small" deposits. The 3 big deposits on the archipelago I upgrade to level 4, and steak. My overall iron stockpile is growning, albeit quite slow.

If you dislike rebuilding, you can upgrade the mines to level 5 and drop a bigger buff, that has a shorter duration. That would mean overall more income, which inturn means more time untill you have to rebuild again.

If you are not worried about income, you could stop upgrading the mines, which would lead to the mines lasting longer, but with less output pr hour.

I have a guildie, that has been around... probably since the internet was born *grins*
    She flat out refuses to rebuild iron mines anymore, and buys the iron she needs.

You have many options at your disposal. Hope you find one that works for you.
    Last edited by Ali_Bob; 23.10.18 at 16:15.

Reply to Thread