Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New mail system: Be warned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle

New mail system: Be warned

I just lost over 5 years of 'saved as important' mails from my inbox thanks to the new system. Possibly as much as 7 pages worth. All I did was delete buff mails from a friend by ticking the box next to them as always and then used the 'context menu' to delete all. Next thing I know all I have in my mailbox are the guild coin payments for recent guild quests. Gone are all the maps I have made and saved in mail to send to guild members as and when they need them, gone are all the contact details of game friends going back well into 5 years, phone numbers, emails etc, also gone are all the links I have saved to websites with useful tips for guild members, add to that all the standard mails I send to the guild for events, to new members, hints and tips etc etc etc.

At no stage did I use the new 'collect and delete' button.

Fantastic work BB. I look forward to seeing if you can reverse the process but also know that if I mail support nothing will be done and after the first mail to them all I will get is the 'Oh you are trying to respond re a closed topic'' mail. Be good to see a BB sort this out in response to this thread but.....
    Last edited by lordloocan; 22.10.18 at 15:48.

Wordsmith
    World
    Northisle
    Same here, i lost everything about game.... (~500 mails)
    BB don't understand their own game

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Did exactly the same thing. All mails with info gone. What they forgot to tell us is that now ticking the box marks everything, not just what is on the current page as previously. This questionable improvement causes more harm then good imo. Game is becoming very unreliable and unfriendly in this respect. Can't trust anything nowadays. What I admired in the past, that development was done with great caution, is now gone. Game moved from good to poor. Mess after mess after mess. Good thing about all that is that I can stop playing the game any time whenever BB manages to p me off enough to make me walk away.

Fortunately I keep most important stuff outside the game, but still, some mails were valuable.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    I didn't tick anything other than buff messages and didn't use the silly new mail system but BB took it upon themselves to delete the lot

And, of course, (non)-support reply to say awww sorry cannot fix that for you, What intrigues is why did it happen and how come they only keep back-ups when it goes their way?

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Im amazed so many people kept so much mail in the in-game mail as I always seemed to accidentally delete mail. I love thee new mail system as I can choose now to keep player mails while getting rid of all those battle reports and buff reports. I accept that it caught some off guard which is a pity and maybe a little notice of how the new system worked could have sorted that or an undelete option.....

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebloom View Post
    Im amazed so many people kept so much mail in the in-game mail as I always seemed to accidentally delete mail. I love thee new mail system as I can choose now to keep player mails while getting rid of all those battle reports and buff reports. I accept that it caught some off guard which is a pity and maybe a little notice of how the new system worked could have sorted that or an undelete option.....
    You miss the key point that I did not use the new mail system tab but used the old context menu route. This means that at worst only the mails on one page were in danger. The warning is that this indicates a possible bug and the irritation that I said bye bye to valued mails.

The main reason for many of the mails is that as a guild leader I send out standard mails to new members etc and having them on Word means messing about re-formatting etc. Many other reasons, if only to keep the game inside the game.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yep, I got the same. Almost 5 years of hard work and mail. Including some real life stuff I used the mail for. ALL GONE apart from trade declines. So grateful you screwed us over big time here. I really hope you reverse it somehow so I get my stuff back
    Nice idea... shame you did not try it out first in your office with your own stuff.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    You miss the key point that I did not use the new mail system tab but used the old context menu route. This means that at worst only the mails on one page were in danger. The warning is that this indicates a possible bug and the irritation that I said bye bye to valued mails.

The main reason for many of the mails is that as a guild leader I send out standard mails to new members etc and having them on Word means messing about re-formatting etc. Many other reasons, if only to keep the game inside the game.
    Yea if the context menu delete works the same as the new delete whats the point of the fancy new button?
    Would make sense if the context menu delete worked as its always worked - only on the current page in the mailbox. New delete would work across all pages.
    As for the standard mails ask around someone probably still has them in their mailbox so you can recover.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Northisle
    A deleted items tab should of been implemented when BB's so called upgrade was done.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by KC-Grim View Post
    A deleted items tab should of been implemented when BB's so called upgrade was done.
    Good idea. But probably too much to ask from BB at this time. At least they found an innovative way how to irritate their customers.

Reply to Thread