Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Mad Scientist

  1. #11
    Skilled Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    45
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Can you guys give accurate comparisons and example camps by either as a screenshot or guide name and camp number. I haven't seen a single camp where the general actually beats any of the old generals with skills, mainly the MG and the Champions.

    Saying that he is a beast must mean he is a lot better and not only by few units in terms of losses.
    He is not a 'lot' better than an MG youre right but is accumulative i guess over an entire adv. So as an example, the last camp on 1T - i can replace Ans 47MS, 9 RT loss with MSci, 82SK, 8 RT loss. Not a great deal in terms of time saved but obv swords dont need battle horses so less res.

  2. #12
    Enlightened Sage
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    888
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe View Post
    He is not a 'lot' better than an MG youre right but is accumulative i guess over an entire adv. So as an example, the last camp on 1T - i can replace Ans 47MS, 9 RT loss with MSci, 82SK, 8 RT loss. Not a great deal in terms of time saved but obv swords dont need battle horses so less res.
    I tried the same camp with 2 skill variations (2-3 Weekly, 2-3 Annex) of the general and for me my Anslem is still marginally better and MG as good: http://prntscr.com/lbul64

    The reason I'm asking for examples is that if he is not any better than the existing ones I don't want use 5k pumpkins and bunch of books to have a general I can only drag along to make one or two kills in an adventure to save 1-5 units and being mostly useless rest of the time. Hopefully we know some good use cases before the event finished.

  3. #13
    Quartermaster Fanfas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    291
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    I tried the same camp with 2 skill variations (2-3 Weekly, 2-3 Annex) of the general and for me my Anslem is still marginally better and MG as good: http://prntscr.com/lbul64

    The reason I'm asking for examples is that if he is not any better than the existing ones I don't want use 5k pumpkins and bunch of books to have a general I can only drag along to make one or two kills in an adventure to save 1-5 units and being mostly useless rest of the time. Hopefully we know some good use cases before the event finished.
    As long as he can replace the majors in some attacks i am very happy with it, i chain a lot attacks to speed my adventures ince i log less and less time nowdays so even if equal to a major if anything will allow me to send 1 more attack at the same time as the majors, so saves me time specially in adventures with long walk times. The fact he can save some troops in some places it's an added bonus

  4. #14
    Ruler of the Land Xibor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,258
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfas View Post
    As long as he can replace the majors in some attacks i am very happy with it, i chain a lot attacks to speed my adventures ince i log less and less time nowdays so even if equal to a major if anything will allow me to send 1 more attack at the same time as the majors, so saves me time specially in adventures with long walk times. The fact he can save some troops in some places it's an added bonus
    Agreed. He may not be better in terms of losses in many situations but to have another general that can 'hold it's own' along with the 'big boys (and girl)' then it's a great asset to have another in play.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

  5. #15
    Glorious Graduate
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    143
    World
    Newfoundland
    starting to work through the mcc sequence to see where he might be useful. With weekly maintenance x2 and master planner, on the Mountain Labyrinth camp evil_j marks as L2, he can make a kill with 40ms 105k 70b, saving about 8ms and 8k compared to the best attack with a major gen. He's useless against L5 and L6, though. The best candidates for replacements are any camp where you'd normally need a major with >100be, since you can get away with half as many and load up with first strikers instead. I haven't taken the time to sim whether or not unstoppable charge might be a bit more useful, though, than weekly maintenance; my current skilling has only 1 level of that.

  6. #16
    Committed Clicker sparkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Poland / Finland
    Posts
    442
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by rathbone93 View Post
    The best candidates for replacements are any camp where you'd normally need a major with >100be, since you can get away with half as many and load up with first strikers instead.
    Not quite.

    The best potential candidates for replacements are camps where the fight lasts at least 2 turns, because overkill damage from having twice as strong besiegers can potentially shave off a turn or two of the fights length, directly reducing damage taken.

    This way you are also more likely to find some use for him, because if you'll only be looking on replacing him as a besieger general you'll be looking at barely 5-10% of fights in total.

  7. #17
    Ruler of the Land
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,563
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    ..I don't want use 5k pumpkins and bunch of books to have a general I can only drag along to make one or two kills in an adventure to save 1-5 units and being mostly useless rest of the time. Hopefully we know some good use cases before the event finished.
    He's mad enough to be used as a +10s-block extender..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

  8. #18
    Skilled Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    47
    World
    Sandycove
    If anyone could share some of their thought about this, i'd appreciate it.

    The way I see it so far:
    Cannons: dmg 60-120; accuracy 90%;
    Scientist boosts that dmg up to 120-240 right.

    Now let's add some skill bonuses on top. Weekly Maint 2/3 + Master planner 1/1.
    Cannons: dmg 80-140; accuracy 100%
    With 100% accuracy we can remove the minimum damage completely so we have, say, MG with 140-dmg cannons and MS with 260-dmg cannons. (I think that's how the formula works, but it's not even that important right now)

    The point is that cannons have no splash dmg and one of the stronger units in FT addies are Bears with 140 HP. Giants have 160, but usually Xbows are used for them anyway.
    We reach that 140 dmg mark with a skilled MG and that's all we need right. Cannons could literally have 1000 dmg but without splash it would not matter.
    Comparing skilled gens, the 100% dmg boost to cannons will simply do nothing at all, except against Bosses maybe, but I really doubt that this will make a huge difference in losses.

    What is more, cannons' damage really comes into play when things drag beyond round 1 since we have Last Strike and all enemies get their attacks in anyway before dying. Only if the battle lasts, say, 2 rounds, we start caring about how many we killed in round 1 so there will be less units left in round 2 to attack us, right? It means that every camp that can currently be killed with MG in just 1 round, won't get any better with a Scientist.

    So... am I missing something or is my logic flawed because it seems that Scientist is absolutely useless in all non-Ali addies? I'd like to believe that I'm wrong and he still has some potential in ALL types of adventures, not just Alis

  9. #19
    Pathfinder
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    7
    World
    Northisle
    I think the consensus on the mad scientist, it will become an ornament in the star menu. I’m sure someone will find a use for it.

    It does not seem to have any attributes that makes it stand out from the current set of generals available in the game.

    I’m sure someone will point out that on a certain camp with a specific set of skills it will save 2 MS over the current MG.

    I’m at a loss, why the Dev’s would release a new Gen that will bring no apparent benefit to the game.

    Then again, they did release the Scouting Post despite being told on testing that it did not work as stated. Only having to “fix it” a week after release!
    Maybe they will “fix” the Mad Scientist…………..I’m not holding my breath though

  10. #20
    Committed Clicker sparkz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Poland / Finland
    Posts
    442
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigintiljon View Post
    So... am I missing something or is my logic flawed because it seems that Scientist is absolutely useless in all non-Ali addies? I'd like to believe that I'm wrong and he still has some potential in ALL types of adventures, not just Alis
    You're 100% right.

    The idea to boost cannons damage kind of indicates that whoever is responsible for it most likely has no idea how combat mechanics works, or they introduce stuff that makes no sense just for the sake of putting something in game.

Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Ubisoft uses cookies to ensure that you get the best experience on our websites. By continuing to use this site you agree to accept these cookies. More info on our privacy.