Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Mad Scientist

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    I am not sure who this general is aimed at, but it only seems to be useful if you are missing a major general since the extra capacity on the major essentially does the same thing as the double siege damage.

I think it does raise a good question though

Should balance work be done on Generals?

I think all the special generals should have some kind of balance, less so the fast 200 gens.
    The champions have been balanced by reducing their troop capacity - otherwise they'd be much too powerful. Just because a general isn't as powerful as you'd like dowsn't mean it's unbalanced. I think they are all about right, if you assume that each general was designed with a specific type of target in mind. The Scientist may appear largely useless, but he comes into his own against high-level opponents. The fact that he's not very useful for lower level players doesn't mean he's unbalanced, any more than Drac is unbalanced, even though he's pretty much useless when you get into the Arabian adventures.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    The tight block I was referring to was the final camp in 1st thief.

Now I hit with MMA+1Sw / MMA+1Sw / MSc +79Sw 3MSw 36Kn 82Bes (Losses 79Sw 8Kn and a lot less stress)
    I hit it with Nukesala 1R and Anslem 39MS 9k 117B, losses 28MS 9k.

World
    Newfoundland
    The tight block I was referring to was the final camp in 1st thief. My former attack on the last camp was MMA+1Sw / MMA+1SW / Ans+34SW 26 MSw 11Kn 79Bes (losses 34Sw 21MSw 9Kn), and there were times when the block camp countdown bar showed before the boss camp's.

Now I hit with MMA+1Sw / MMA+1Sw / MSc +79Sw 3MSw 36Kn 82Bes (Losses 79Sw 8Kn and a lot less stress)
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer123 View Post
    I hit it with Nukesala 1R and Anslem 39MS 9k 117B, losses 28MS 9k.
    Which then takes it down to the question of how we eack value MSw as compared to Sw. Personally, I value 79 Sw at a lower cost than 28MSw, considering both the extra materials and cooking time required for the MSw.

To each their own

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Which then takes it down to the question of how we eack value MSw as compared to Sw. Personally, I value 79 Sw at a lower cost than 28MSw, considering both the extra materials and cooking time required for the MSw.
    Indeed and I've modified all my guides to use S instead of MS whenever it works out best :-) In the same vein I've modified them all to use Mary whenever possible for the extra XP.
    The thing with your attack is getting the 2 x suicide MMA in time with the block :-) My guide placement, attacks sent 1 after another: prnt.sc/lko4qz
    Tav Gen 99MS 101AM (no losses) to block 3 rd last camp, Mary 30MS 185MM blocks (and eventually kills) 2nd last camp loss of 25MS, Nukesala 1R + Anslem 39MS 9K 117B attack last camp loss 28MS 9K. Total XP for the adv 185K + Prem prnt.sc/lko6xy

Reply to Thread