Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mad Scientist

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Or maybe they have some new adventures in the pipeline where thus general is useful

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan1 View Post
    Or maybe they have some new adventures in the pipeline where thus general is useful
    But he does not really have anything that would make that to be possible compared to the MG or the Champions, at least in a sense of being more useful than the others and that's the key problem already today. Double cannon damage advantage is pretty much mitigated by the large MG unit capacity or the Champion traits. Demolition ability to army only helps with taking down the remaining structure faster which only saves some time or might help with blocks.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 01.11.18 at 15:17.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Double cannon damage can help on bosses where splash damage is irrelevant. Wild Mary FA can be knocked out with: MMA-1r, Nus-20r160b, MS-21r175k
    Saves about 20 recruits over Major because the cannons take her out in 1 round. Not an overwhelming improvement I know, but it does highlight a situation where he can help even on regular adventures.

Note that this works with either 2/3 GA or 2/3 WM, I am still not 100% which one is best (it may ultimately come down to preference).

Also, I tried him on the NightSpawn FA for Dark Brotherhood but was only able to equal the performance of the Major. So the Mad Scientist's application may be limited, but the same is true of all attack generals once you have them all. He is far from useless though.

Edit: After much simulating it is becoming apparent that camps where he actually beats the other gens are indeed very rare. He can match the major in quite a few, but that's usually about it. If he just had a base garrison size of 220 like the MMA I think it could really tip the scales in his favor sometimes.
    Last edited by AbsoluteZ; 10.11.18 at 15:16.

World
    Newfoundland
    I have simmed numerous adventures and find very little use if any for this general, I have him fully skilled. Some camps he can be used at are ones that Mary can take out for much better xp and same losses.

Hope that BB will implement some improvements to make it a worthwhile general for us to have.

Seems to have been a lot of hype and collecting pumpkins for nothing at this stage.

World
    Newfoundland
    I've found that he's better than other gens (including champs) in maybe 1-3 camps per Arabian adventure. I have one camp in particular where I used to run a really tight block where suddenly all the risk is removed because he clears the camp so much faster.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    I've found that he's better than other gens (including champs) in maybe 1-3 camps per Arabian adventure. I have one camp in particular where I used to run a really tight block where suddenly all the risk is removed because he clears the camp so much faster.
    Any specifics available pls.?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    The abilities of the coa make them very useful. The only reason the major is sometimes better, is its capacity. The mad gen doesn't' have that, so its a useless gen.

Only when an attack would be best with a major gen and has 140+ or cannon/besieger in it, and it lasts for more than 1 round, the mad scientist gets better results.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Any specifics available pls.?
    The tight block I was referring to was the final camp in 1st thief. My former attack on the last camp was MMA+1Sw / MMA+1SW / Ans+34SW 26 MSw 11Kn 79Bes (losses 34Sw 21MSw 9Kn), and there were times when the block camp countdown bar showed before the boss camp's.

Now I hit with MMA+1Sw / MMA+1Sw / MSc +79Sw 3MSw 36Kn 82Bes (Losses 79Sw 8Kn and a lot less stress)

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I am not sure who this general is aimed at, but it only seems to be useful if you are missing a major general since the extra capacity on the major essentially does the same thing as the double siege damage.

I think it does raise a good question though

Should balance work be done on Generals?

I think all the special generals should have some kind of balance, less so the fast 200 gens.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    I am not sure who this general is aimed at, but it only seems to be useful if you are missing a major general since the extra capacity on the major essentially does the same thing as the double siege damage.

I think it does raise a good question though

Should balance work be done on Generals?

I think all the special generals should have some kind of balance, less so the fast 200 gens.
    They are balanced in BB's opinion.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread