Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Scientist

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Mad Scientist

How have/are people going to skill the Mad Scientist - i assume weekly maintenance for the extra heavy damage will be x 3 ?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe View Post
    How have/are people going to skill the Mad Scientist - i assume weekly maintenance for the extra heavy damage will be x 3 ?
    BB provided some piece of clarification regarding how some bonuses work recently, and even though I dont remember if it was about this particular bonus, I still think its related.

If it is so, that would indicate (as far as I remember the exact explanation, and I dont have time to look it up now) that the +10 bonus coming from the skill tree is not multiplied by the generals unique trait.

If it is so, that would mean that its a +10/ skill point bonus on top of 400 damage, or ~2.5% damage bonus per point spent.

You can spend a total of 6 points in the upper tier, where :

10% accuracy is a flat 5% bonus to overall damage your units do
    +5 combat units is in most situations around 3-5% more attacking units (assuming you normally use around 100-150 of those on a 200 cap general) per point spent
    WM would be around 2,5% damage per point spent

Additionally, this only counts for besiegers since regular cannoneers dont have splash damage, so in regular fights you dont really get any extra damage out of them.

So for me (unless someone shows me where I have made a mistake in the above) WM would be last in priority. Might be its not even worth spending tier 3 books at all.
    Last edited by sparkz; 25.10.18 at 11:51.

World
    Newfoundland
    Never mind skills, has anyone found a camp where he can actually be used effectively? Literally every sim I've run with him so far has higher losses than my other generals.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    On test I heard that on camps which require a MG with 100 or more heavy units he is more powerful.

To kill the spawns in the witch tower of DB I had been using MG 59r 1e 225k normal loss being 59r. I've replaced that with MS 59r 1e 155k loss from the only one ive run so far being 53r which my simming suggesting this being the highest loss while also suggesting loosses being a minimum of 42r.

My MS setup is 3 in weekly maintenance, garrison annex, overrun, juganaut, battle frenzy ,first aid, jog
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    A massive saving of 6 recs. Totally worth it then :P
    HOTFIX!

World
    Northisle
    He is a beast on many araban nights adventures just needs thinking outside the box... you can save troops if you carefull think about the attacks he can replace Major in a lot of places even with just 215 troops, he just needs different setups. I tested it on test in amost every arabain adventure and could use him in a lot of camps saving MS.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfas View Post
    He is a beast on many araban nights adventures just needs thinking outside the box... you can save troops if you carefull think about the attacks he can replace Major in a lot of places even with just 215 troops, he just needs different setups. I tested it on test in amost every arabain adventure and could use him in a lot of camps saving MS.
    Well, initially I'd be interested in actually seeing some specific details (and I don't particularly want to use garrison annexe). As a side note, my attacks tend to burn much more in the way of Sw than MSw - tjhat's just down to the way I calculate troop costs.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    Well, initially I'd be interested in actually seeing some specific details (and I don't particularly want to use garrison annexe). As a side note, my attacks tend to burn much more in the way of Sw than MSw - tjhat's just down to the way I calculate troop costs.
    Well as like Mary to make it a attack general the Garrison anex is a must, specially for high level adventures, which are where he shines.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanfas View Post
    This! The last 2 camps on ToW for example and also in Oil Lamp you can swap MS/MM on camps for SW/BES, anywhere you would have used an MG. Just have to sim it out on DSO to see if/where savings can be made

My large addy play now is to replace MS with SW/KN where possible as with the lower build times / res cost allied to something like the ice swim buff means you can run and replace much quicker

Once event over will start to sim+use on MCC and Queens too ..

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Can you guys give accurate comparisons and example camps by either as a screenshot or guide name and camp number. I haven't seen a single camp where the general actually beats any of the old generals with skills, mainly the MG and the Champions.

Saying that he is a beast must mean he is a lot better and not only by few units in terms of losses.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 28.10.18 at 16:07.

Reply to Thread