Reply to Thread

Thread: Duplicate Buildings

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Duplicate Buildings

I am sure that multiple other people have made the same or similar suggestions but anyhow here goes.

As much as it is nice to get new buildings that add additional features to the game. The logic seems to be flawed that you need to have multiples of these instead of just the one building. Take items such as Snack Stand, Football Pitch, Laboratory, Scouting Post, Spring Park and no doubt others.

These all increase the production speed or reduce the cooldown by having multiple buildings. That in itself is a good feature but why have the multiple buildings. You have a tried and tested approach of upgrading the buildings that already works well. Just change the amount of buildings to the level of the building and a slightly different building graphic.

These upgrades could then be implemented via a building licence that you get as a reward by completing the required events or as part of the events these items are available from. That licence is then required to do the building upgrade. If you do not have the building to start with the licence allows you to build the first one.

The only logical reason I can see behind the current approach of more and more buildings that are the same. Is to try and deplete any available space on people’s islands. To then force them to purchase the extra bits of land for gems. I fully understand that you need to make cash to fund the game but by generating more buildings of the same type to force land purchases does leave a bitter taste and ultimately is a negative on the game.

Anyhow bottom line is thanks for all the nice new buildings but can you do it where we just have one of each and upgrade them.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    very good suggestion , i am all so having trouble place these building, upgrade of existing is the way forward.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Coming soon is the new token upgrade mechanic which will allow us to increase the level of population buildings which can not be currently upgraded, this will free up space for more of the multiple buildings while allowing us to maintain the same population.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    I agree with you Dorotheus but I also agree with the point that the game-consistent way to get more out of a building is to level it up. It would make more sense in my mind to have a Snack Stand level 2 than 2 Snack Stands to get the same effect. It really isn't about space for me just the pattern staying the same.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by royavatar View Post
    very good suggestion , i am all so having trouble place these building, upgrade of existing is the way forward.
    This is the exact gameplay challenge reward loop they are aiming at creating. E.g. the MCC buildings you want 6 or even more of to cut production times. Which means there is no drawback to if you get loads of them. The reason they are separate buildings is to force you into making a strategic choice of using your space.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    This is the exact gameplay challenge reward loop they are aiming at creating. E.g. the MCC buildings you want 6 or even more of to cut production times. Which means there is no drawback to if you get loads of them. The reason they are separate buildings is to force you into making a strategic choice of using your space.
    Yep exactly this and essentially the same can be found posted by BB somewhere at test server forum. They want to people to make trade offs and decide which to focus on and not have all buildings types sitting at max level at the map corner.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlizz View Post
    The reason they are separate buildings is to force you into making a strategic choice of using your space.
    On paper it is to make a strategic decision, in reality is to handicap you.

Making decisions as to whether or not build additional buildings was there since the beginning of the game, and there was never any problems with it coexisting with building upgrades.

Then at some point they make a choice to change it, which neither makes any sense nor does it add anything regarding decision making.

This and deliberate building design (with all the weird shapes, while we still have no way of removing small stones and tree stumps) makes me think this is their way of giving us new ways of obtaining potent buffs, while at the same time limiting us, so that it doesnt get out of their control (similarly to how Scout Post couldve increased the XP gain of the entire adventure similarly to what premium does, but it doesnt, so that players dont get "too much" from it). If they call it "strategic decisions" I simply dont buy it.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I now have quite a few of the SP, Obs, Lab, Meadhall, Stronghold, Springpark, Snack stand, Footties etc. And it is taking up alot of space and doens't look that pretty. An idea could be to be able to upgrade 1 of each building with the extra buildings plus materials and construction time. This will benefit everybody on all levels I think.

Reply to Thread