Reply to Thread

Thread: Laboratory eating up your hard-earned gems

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle

Thumbs down Laboratory eating up your hard-earned gems

I decided to report this as bug after several people encouraged me post it here:

I bought the Laboratory and i tried it out for the first time to make 100 star coins. After this the game froze and i couldn't hit the x-button or do anything else so i clicked all over the screen. After a while everything went back to normal except that the order had been instantly completed and i had lost 2880 gems. 2880 gems for 100 star coins??

I did write a ticket and got a reply that "accidental in-game actions such as this are not eligible for a reimbursement". Ok, right? So much for getting ANS this or next year as i've been saving for it for a long time. So here comes a few points and questions:
    1) Shouldn't there be some kind of a confirmation "do you REALLY want to spend gems..." to avoid such "accidents"?
    2) 2880 gems for 100 star coins? seriously? and still no way to cancel...
    3) I'm using recently updated Chrome (Win10) to play the game, but i think this can happen on any browser

So my fellow settlers be extremely careful with your laboratory! I hope at least some of you may avoid loosing your gems after reading this. Personally I'm not sure I'll be using the building after this episode. It really hit my economy bad and i don't want it to happen again under any circumstances (not that i'd had that many gems any more).

World
    Northisle
    I have done this before in my RPH. BB should fix this by adding a another layer of protection to it with another check box.
    Last edited by KC-Grim; 06.11.18 at 08:22.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    yeah done same they told me accidental buys cant be refunded leaves a really bad taste virtual to them ..real life funds for some of us

World
    Newfoundland
    Pretty sure in the past these auto complete cases without confirmation rarely cost over few hundred gems. With the addition of these new buildings if these reach into thousands there really should be a confirmation box similar to leveling up a building with gems.
    I mean there is a confirmation box for paying 25 gems to upgrade a well but there isnt one for spending 2880 gems or more to complete production? These really should be consistent.

On another note the cost formula for these auto complete actions should be looked at as some costs are completely unreasonable and would only be clicked as an accident in the first place. [removed]

Please choose a more appropriate terminology in future - MOD-Daz
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 06.11.18 at 11:44.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Sandycove
    Completely agreed. I think every possible way to spend gems should have a confirmation. I have gotten caught a few times with explorers on the road and clicking on them then confusing the green check mark for "ok that's fine - just close the window" not as "ok to spend gems to speed it up". I've finally learned I think to use the X to close the window but sometimes I'm just clicking away....

I've seen other games have this as a player controlled option - it you want confirmation for gem spending or not. I'd be happy with that. But any time gems can leave your possession you should have the option of canceling what you just did in case it was an accident.

But I suspect BB doesn't mind those kinds of accidents at all.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD-Daz View Post
    [removed]

Please choose a more appropriate terminology in future - MOD-Daz
    Please suggest as to what that might be. With my limited knowledge of English language I have no known alternative to terminology used.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 06.11.18 at 22:56.

World
    Newfoundland
    Lets play a game of "Find the highest gem spending without confirmation".
    Ill start with 25 units of "Star money pressing" in Laboratory: cost 17280 gems. All possibly gone in a second with a misclick. Is there a better option?

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    all building updates can be done by paying gems - check fairy castle to level 6

Reply to Thread