Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log 20/11/18

World
    Newfoundland
    imo dark castle is much easier to place than mag res.
    other big buildings have always held decent to a lot of value. dark castle i considered completely useless and gave away free. now the value should skyrocket. while its normal that value changes with new content in this case the change might be too extreme.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    imo dark castle is much easier to place than mag res.
    other big buildings have always held decent to a lot of value. dark castle i considered completely useless and gave away free. now the value should skyrocket. while its normal that value changes with new content in this case the change might be too extreme.
    I dont think will be too much to worry over to get to lvl 6 its gonna take a fair amount of tokens as there for now only one source i dont think its gonna be that much of a issue

World
    Sandycove
    More choices is good. Even if some consider them "useless" buildings. If they are useless to you, don't use them.

Some of the updates sound good. I'm not seeing the biggest one I think the game needs however. Performance improvement.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Remember that in a game like this - simplicity is beautiful.
    This is how all long-haul games should be

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Why new buildings all the time - why not implement the features of the new buildings to the older buildings?

This game is getting more and more too complex to handle if you have also real life. (read: it is starting to take too much time play this game)

aaand: i really really really hope that there is going to be another free moving week for buildings, because this game has changed so much, almost too much that many people have need to re-arrange their buildings now.
    Last edited by nebi; 13.11.18 at 20:01.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by nebi View Post

aaand: i really really really hope that there is going to be another free moving week for buildings, because this game has changed so much, almost too much that many people have need to re-arrange their buildings now.
    That idea was shot down a long time ago...

Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Daz View Post
    This was answered by BB_Alex in Ask Me Anything question 82
    BB_Alex:
    "Move events will only be used in combination with critical changes to the map or blocking in the future. Re-arranging your buildings and optimizing your economy is part of the The Settlers Online as an economy building game. The past move events had a negative impact on the usage of the move mechanic outside of those events and we decided to not trigger any additional move events, only if it is really needed because of a critical change or update."

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by nebi View Post
    Why new buildings all the time - why not implement the features of the new buildings to the older buildings?

This game is getting more and more too complex to handle if you have also real life. (read: it is starting to take too much time play this game)

I see them taking the game from nearly zero island management and mindless adventure grind by some(most?) into recreating and re-emphasizing economy aspect of the game, where you need to balance your interests instead of just mindlessly maxing out everything and then sitting on millions of resources in Star. Excellent move to revitalize the game if you ask me. Cost of moving buildings is part of this economy/resource balancing and has nicely integral role in the whole system.

Yes, the game is getting a bit too complex for casual player, and development is a little bit too fast (slow down boys, will ya?) but I'm looking forward to new weekly challenges with their integrated residential upgrade system. Well yeah, slow down, I can't keep up with all the changes. But overall, apart from some bad surprises, it's a good job.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    hi, re:- " If you're successful, you will be awarded tokens which can be used to upgrade residences. ", from change log,
    is there a list of "upgrade residences", or does this imply ALL residences, will up-gradable.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by royavatar View Post
    hi, re:- " If you're successful, you will be awarded tokens which can be used to upgrade residences. ", from change log,
    is there a list of "upgrade residences", or does this imply ALL residences, will up-gradable.
    all that couldnt before ie mag residences, frozen mansions .haunted mansions .pirate residences' dark and white castles can all be upgraded plus any of the others you can win off advetures the lvl they can go up varys some to lvl 3 some to lvl 6

World
    Newfoundland
    Love it! And besides, how can you not have not space on your island? Tear down an Mag. Residence and voila! You got space.

Prioritize.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win."

Reply to Thread