Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please remove the feature of deleting items from star!

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    There are loads of differences between the 'apply stuff to Mayor's House' and the 'delete from star menu' interface.
    If stuff is important you should read it, becoming blind to it is no excuse. You don't become blind to confirming warnings when you are using real money.
    When in doubt, ALWAYS push the red cancel button. It will undo your last action (like clicking on the small cross). It also has a different shape, so the colour is no problem.

PS.
    BB, please give us the option to delete every buff (or everything). I would love to get rid of the sandman and retro buffs (and my marshals).

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgy View Post
    There are loads of differences between the 'apply stuff to Mayor's House' and the 'delete from star menu' interface.
    If stuff is important you should read it, becoming blind to it is no excuse. You don't become blind to confirming warnings when you are using real money.
    When in doubt, ALWAYS push the red cancel button. It will undo your last action (like clicking on the small cross). It also has a different shape, so the colour is no problem.

PS.
    BB, please give us the option to delete every buff (or everything). I would love to get rid of the sandman and retro buffs (and my marshals).
    You dont seem to get that I cant see the red cross without really making an effort, what shape it has, does not really matter when it is red. - I cant read the read text very well either -
    So you are telling me that I should not click on the x formed shape I cant see and not to confirm something when I cant read the text :-D
    I see a huge lot of similar boxes nearly every time I activate something in the computer - so sometimes my fingers just click ok. And is the need to remove a 1x1 square from you star so great? I can understand it when it was a 1*1 square for each horseman statue - but now they are stacked.

See this is an exelent suggestion - Very hard for anyone to right click by mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    Rather than a tiny cross in the corner, there should be a right click context menu with options for all kinds of useful stuff.
    Last edited by Urd123; 14.11.18 at 19:27.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree with Budgy. The deletion window clearly differs from the other confirm dialogs as there is a huge bomb icon and 2-3 lines of red text. On top of that it ask how many to delete. The zone buff window is a simple confirmation. Apply to mayors and refills ask where to place first. Even if you would not be able to read a single word or a character the bomb icon and red text should ring some bells on a missed click.

Don't try to make the game any less user friendly just because you don't pay enough attention to the game. If you have issues with eye sight then get new glasses, use a browser zoom of 125-200% with CTRL+wheel or use the accessibility options provided by the operating system, eg. enable color filters or have a magnifying glass follow your cursor. There is no excuse to not to do so.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    I

Don't try to make the game any less user friendly just because you don't pay enough attention to the game. If you have issues with eye sight then get new glasses, use a browser zoom of 125-200% with CTRL+wheel or use the accessibility options provided by the operating system, eg. enable color filters or have a magnifying glass follow your cursor. There is no excuse to not to do so.
    Or maybe you could try being supportive and constructive, instead of being as condescending as you are right now, and allow others to voice their opinion about problems THEY encounter. You sound quite uneducated about daltonism. Could you stop trying to discard a problem just because YOU dont encounter it? Asking BB to offer alternatives to the current item deletion system is not in any way necessarly going to make the game "less user friendly", you are taking huge shortcuts to try and shut a discussion that you simply have no interest in, other than for the pleasure of criticizing people "because they are not paying attention". Not very grown up of you.

<removed>

If you have reason to believe that a particular post breaches of the Rules of Conduct, then please use the Report Post function by clicking on the triangular icon near the bottom left of that post.
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 15.11.18 at 13:48.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelza View Post
    Or maybe you could try being supportive and constructive, instead of being as condescending as you are right now, and allow others to voice their opinion about problems THEY encounter. You sound quite uneducated about daltonism. Could you stop trying to discard a problem just because YOU dont encounter it? Asking BB to offer alternatives to the current item deletion system is not in any way necessarly going to make the game "less user friendly", you are taking huge shortcuts to try and shut a discussion that you simply have no interest in. Quite lame in my book.
    And what did I write in the second paragraph? I gave several suggestions how to overcome the issue because it's not limited to this game from his side. I know this because this not the first time I talk with Urd123 as he is on the same server. He has also a tendency to complain about a lot of small things in the game like removing the volcano from the game, declaring scout post useless, etc. which can be seen from his post history.

World
    Newfoundland
    dunno if im colorblind or smth but i dont see the cross as red at all. looks brown or orange or amber to me.

I suggest changing the default amount to remove from star from max to 1. This way you would usually have to make a lot of mistakes until all items gone and serious damage achieved.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am aware that issues of disability can invoke some strong feelings in certain people. However, without pointing fingers at anyone in particular, I feel it necessary to request that we all try and show a little more respect for those with differing opinions to our own.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgy View Post
    PS.

I second the motion, if only to let me get rid of those ugly retro buffs I'm *never* going to use...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I agree with Budgy. The deletion window clearly differs from the other confirm dialogs as there is a huge bomb icon and 2-3 lines of red text. On top of that it ask how many to delete. The zone buff window is a simple confirmation. Apply to mayors and refills ask where to place first. Even if you would not be able to read a single word or a character the bomb icon and red text should ring some bells on a missed click.

And what did I write in the second paragraph? I gave several suggestions how to overcome the issue because it's not limited to this game from his side. I know this because this not the first time I talk with Urd123 as he is on the same server. He has also a tendency to complain about a lot of small things in the game like removing the volcano from the game, declaring scout post useless, etc. which can be seen from his post history.

Well sorry to say so - but I cant get new eyes, and glasses will not fix my problem. I have a chronic eye-disease. The colour blind cant get glasses to fix their problem. I cant make myself perfect. In my eyes a game should be designed so that it is user-friendly also to people with non perfect eyesight.

As I see it you can make a solution that makes everyone happy, or you can weight what is most important - that you get a neat and tidy star, with only what you really really need there at the moment, or prevent people make a mistake and delete 2000 irmas- or all thier rec guides. I dont find it very user friendly that when I try to put a rec guide on my friends island- I hit the to me invisible cross by mistake - and think I confirm the use of the buff - and see all buff gone from star. I know from people asking in help that I am not the only one that have made this kind of mistake: I am sure support have had request to retrieve stuff deleted by mistake.

I don't get why you have to attack me, just because you disagree with something else I wrote on forum on anther topic. I will not say my honest opinion about what that makes me think - it would not be appropriate. I know from help tab that I am not the only one that have made this mistake. Where I come from we can discuss a topic and disagree, and still be friends and sometimes because of the discussion find a way to agree. What is the whole point of having a forum and putting different views if you can only accept those that agree with you?
    Last edited by Urd123; 15.11.18 at 16:44.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    I second the motion, if only to let me get rid of those ugly retro buffs I'm *never* going to use...
    these are tradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    The colour blind cant get glasses to fix their problem.
    EnChroma. Look it up.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 15.11.18 at 17:13.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread