Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Please remove the feature of deleting items from star!

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Well sorry to say so - but I cant get new eyes, and glasses will not fix my problem. I have a chronic eye-disease. The colour blind cant get glasses to fix their problem. I cant make myself perfect. In my eyes a game should be designed so that it is user-friendly also to people with non perfect eyesight.
    I know, we have talked about this a couple of times in game and you just did not want try the suggested or never replied about the results. I have a few color blind friends and plenty or friend and family with different eye disabilities which is why gave multiple suggestions how to not only how to improve your TSO experience but other usability as well.

As I see it you can make a solution that makes everyone happy, or you can weight what is most important - that you get a neat and tidy star, with only what you really really need there at the moment, or prevent people make a mistake and delete 2000 irmas- or all thier rec guides. I dont find it very user friendly that when I try to put a rec guide on my friends island- I hit the to me invisible cross by mistake - and think I confirm the use of the buff - and see all buff gone from star. I know from people asking in help that I am not the only one that have made this kind of mistake: I am sure support have had request to retrieve stuff deleted by mistake.
    You should be more constructive when you want things changed and not be negative about everything. Just look at the thread title you once again chose with a similar provocative title as seen before, eg. with the Volcano and Epic forge. Neither start as improving but more like removing and destroying. Just read them again:

"Please-remove-the-feature-of-deleting-items-from-star!?"
    "Let us bomb the vulcano and make more room"

Then remember all the things you have wanted to removed from the game in the game chat or in dev diary feedback threads.

I don't get why you have to attack me, just because you disagree with something else I wrote on forum on anther topic. I will not say my honest opinion about what that makes me think - it would not be appropriate. I know from help tab that I am not the only one that have made this mistake. Where I come from we can discuss a topic and disagree, and still be friends and sometimes because of the discussion find a way to agree. What is the whole point of having a forum and putting different views if you can only accept those that agree with you?
    Which part you see as an attack? My first paragraph was a comparison why I think there is no need for more changes needed in regards of deletion. We still can't remove everything from the menu but have to use trade and other means to get rid of stuff. In the second one I clearly gave suggestions how to reduce the risk immediately in terms readability. There is no solution for fast clicking of dialogs other than adding more and more confirmation boxes which just reduce the overall experience for majority of the players.

You can also leave me feedback with the forum messages or in game chat or mail if you don't want to post it up here.
    Last edited by Mannerheim; 15.11.18 at 17:18.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    There is a solution to fast clicking, don't do it.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I just checked that "delete" dialogue, and there actually is a perfectly visible white text "Delete item" when hovering mouse on that cross, then there is another perfectly visible white text "Remove from star menu?" in that dialogue window itself. I can't read red text either, so I read the white one. And yes, simple solution would be to have preselected value for this function "zero" instead of "maximum" I think preselect maximum for delete function was a bit dumb idea in the first place anyway. Similar lack of thoughtfulness as delete everything from mail menu without any warning of the change where number of players lost all their info mails.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 15.11.18 at 19:36.

World
    Sandycove
    I'm aware of two issues and I think they should be kept separate.
    1) Should all star menu items in the buff tab be able to be deleted or not and if so, what should the mechanism be?
    2) Are there issues with some of the color patterns and contrasts in some places that make some screens difficult for some people?

I think it's a bad idea to try to make both conversations active at the same time. The thread was about removing the ability to delete buffs from the star menu. I responded to that point (make the default in the confirm window 1 instead of the maximum). For the other subject, I would suggest a new thread if someone wants to open one.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    I'm aware of two issues and I think they should be kept separate.
    1) Should all star menu items in the buff tab be able to be deleted or not and if so, what should the mechanism be?
    2) Are there issues with some of the color patterns and contrasts in some places that make some screens difficult for some people?

I think it's a bad idea to try to make both conversations active at the same time. The thread was about removing the ability to delete buffs from the star menu. I responded to that point (make the default in the confirm window 1 instead of the maximum). For the other subject, I would suggest a new thread if someone wants to open one.
    Actually both are discussed together right from the get go. The reason OP asks for the function to be removed is because he can't see very well what he's doing due to funny colour patterns.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Actually both are discussed together right from the get go. The reason OP asks for the function to be removed is because he can't see very well what he's doing due to funny colour patterns.
    True, but if we want to include all that then we have a thread that is about deleting buffs from the star menu, visibility issues and then also too many confirmation screens in the wrong place. It's going to get hard to follow. I was hoping to focus on one point alone but I've said my bit so anything else would be redundant.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    See this is an exelent suggestion - Very hard for anyone to right click by mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    Rather than a tiny cross in the corner, there should be a right click context menu with options for all kinds of useful stuff.
    It's such a shame that right-clicking in Flash isn't available because it's used by Flash for its own settings etc...

Reply to Thread