Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please remove the feature of deleting items from star!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland

Please remove the feature of deleting items from star!

Or at least make an option to regret a delete after it is done..

I think it was some neat freak player who wanted this feature and it was back in the days where each adventure and soldier stature filled a space in star. Now that stuff can be stacked and you can search the star I dont really see the big need to delete stuff.

I cant remember all I have deleted by mistake but on my list is 15 rec guides , 2000 irmas, 200 tomby adventures.
    I am not good at seeing red colour in the game because of the lack of contrast, so often click the delete mark by mistake. As there is often a confirm function to use stuff - my brain gets a bit blind to that and just click confirm.

I know I am not the only one who have deleted stuff by mistake - so please change this.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    i cant read the red in trades on things cant afford so know what you mean by the red but im sure as you said their is a confirm box on do you want to delete such and such a item so just dont confirm it

i have also deleted stuff by mistake but that was before they added the new confirm box as never used to have that but the warning box should be a clue as to what your gonna do

but do agree the red on the dark background isnt good for some of us and a pain to read or make out

World
    Newfoundland
    Or maybe add an undo function for 24 hours for those that have realised making a mistake by deleting?

World
    Sandycove
    There is a confirm dialog. I think that's enough. Better than the spending of some gems even.
    I like being able to remove items from my star menu.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibor View Post
    There is a confirm dialog. I think that's enough. Better than the spending of some gems even.
    I like being able to remove items from my star menu.
    Yes there is a confirm dialogue - but so is there many other places in the game, and on computer. I get blind to it, my fingers does respond by clicking ok button, more or less my auto pilot. I have seen others do too asking if there is any way to get their items back. Cant see why it is so important to delete stuff.

It could be used by adding a place in settings, where you check if you want to be able to delete stuff or not.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Maybe they could have a sort of temporary bin where these things go and if you want them back you can restore them from there?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Rather than a tiny cross in the corner, there should be a right click context menu with options for all kinds of useful stuff.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Whilst at it sort out the nonsense caused by the new mail system.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Yes there is a confirm dialogue - but so is there many other places in the game, and on computer. I get blind to it, my fingers does respond by clicking ok button, more or less my auto pilot. I have seen others do too asking if there is any way to get their items back. Cant see why it is so important to delete stuff.

It could be used by adding a place in settings, where you check if you want to be able to delete stuff or not.
    I often hear the discussion at my work about warning screens becoming automatically ignored because people become blind to them. And it's a fair point. But without any confirmation screens, there would be global disasters (oops- there went my level 6 platinum weaponsmith).

Checking the delete function on my fish platters, there is a confirm window but the default amount is all of them. Perhaps a compromise would be making the default 1? In that way the chances for a real bad oversight are minimized because on any sizable number of buffs you would have to drag the slider or change the number proactively before deleting.
    Last edited by Xibor; 13.11.18 at 23:18.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    There are very nice and constructive ideas here that I find very interesting myself, because as some said, confirmation boxes become irrelevant to lots of us, and then there is always the lag and/or mini-freezes problems which can lead to awful misclicks. Having to chose a quantity to destroy, right-click context menu preceding confirmation, and specially temporary bin of course, the nicest IMHO, are ideas that deserve to be investigated, I support that.

And aside, those ideas are way more constructive and helpful than "the system is like that, deal with it" which is unnecessarly condescending (unrespectful even) to say the least : because you dont see a problem with something, doesnt mean there is no improvement possible for many, many others.

Reply to Thread