Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mad Scientist 270 General

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Mad Scientist 270 General

Hi,

Whilst we are grateful for the new Mad Scientist General - having another max 200 Unit general does not have much benefit to us on Adventures.

The general discussion is that we would like this general to have unit max increased to 270 so that it is comparable with Major Gens.
    Even with Skills he is not as effective as we would hope. Please consider this as it would benefit us greatly.

Many thanks

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Totally agree ... maybe at troop capacity of 270 can be useful and his extra powers can be noticed !

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    yes totally agree, that would/could make him good.

World
    Sandycove
    sounds good to me as a newish player ..

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    it is an intersting thought.

until now I only compared his attacks in non ali adventures with nusala and MG which might not have been the best choice but my most used gens next to MC. From what I read in https://forum.thesettlersonline.com/...-Mad-Scientist he could be more effective in alis.

But i agree at the moment the part of his skill to strengthen the attacks of heavy units is not doing great effect. I think he still needs too much normal units etc for the rounds before the heavy attacks so that u cannot load an efficient amount of heavy units to get a better result than with a classical 200Gen.

But what if we dont give him more troops but another skill? Like splash damage. Or to change when he attacks... not yet sure what would be really the best skill to add.

But if skill or more troop capacity it might be really helpful to give him an extra bonus and get him a bit more inviting to use. I will continue to dig out some attacks to use him... apparentli in Alis to replace MG attacks...

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    I don't believe he needs 270 troop capacity to be effective, but even 220 would certainly increase his usefulness in Arabian Adventures significantly, IMO.

However, in terms of regular and Tailor adventures, as far as I can tell, he is totally useless without the ability to grant splash damage to cannoneers.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    I have to agree, I got him just to save gems in case he ever does really become effective, but a 200 gen that is used only one the odd ali and occasionally in MCC....yeah, do SOMETHING to make him more effective than what we have already!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolyka View Post
    Or to change when he attacks...
    That could be a good idea, more troops is always a plus but if he could do a first round attack with heavy units that would certainly turn some things on their head.

aardvark1
    yes I think he should have increased cap (up to 270)

World
    Sandycove
    Ive run a few sims and I cant see where or how he can save MG attack on Ali? Maybe I have already substituted some attacks with the skilled Mary for slightly higher losses whilst enjoying the higher xp benefits..

I'll join the consensus and say I can't see much use for him, even fully skilled at the moment

Reply to Thread