Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Weekly Challenges & Training Grounds

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    my only issue is being forced to do a specific adventure ie 3 recoverys or 3 whirlwinds would of been a lot better if you had either done any 3 or 3 by type
    That would make things far too easy, if you want the good stuff you gotta work for it.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Will the training grounds stack with the ice swim and the meadhall celebration buff? anyone done the maths?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmoe View Post
    Will the training grounds stack with the ice swim and the meadhall celebration buff? anyone done the maths?
    Yes all speed bonuses are added together eg. 2 elite training +100%, ice +500% and mead +100% = +700%

However due the math the higher bonus you have the less benefit you will have and in the case of ice swimming it would be semi wasteful to use it with the others unless in a super hurry.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1077 View Post
    Looks like I'll be giving this a miss then
    Give it a little time and then by referring to the various fan sites you will know which weeks you won't want to do.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Give it a little time and then by referring to the various fan sites you will know which weeks you won't want to do.
    My thoughts exactly

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Only +50% for the training grounds? With all the +200/300/500% buffs, an extra 50% is barely noticeable.

To make 25 MS in a lvl 6 elite barracks takes 2:05h. Now add TG: 1:25h. Nice improvement, but still twice as long compared to a skunk.
    EB with skunk: 42 min. Now add TG: 36 min, That is only a 19% improvement.
    EB with skunk and rec guide: 25 min. Now add TG: 22:44 min. A 9% improvement.

Most of us run our barracks with at least a skunk.

My suggestion: make the bonus 100% and allow us to buy more than 1. Or make the bonus 200%.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    For casual players that means 150 instead of 100 units constant speed improvement without any worry about anything. Just place the building and run faster forever. That means they can do 3 same adventures instead of 2 at the same time space without lifting their finger. The same effect on output that upgrading from level 2 to level 3 have had, just without waiting and at a bit stretched cost. Whether the price is attractive or not is another issue, but from this point it looks like a nice casual boost.

EDIT: Thought I'll expand my thinking a bit. So 2 of these buildings will double the output of Barracks. Skunk applied will then double the output again instead of original triple, taking the overall output to 4x of original simple Barracks output.

Sounds like a small revolution in troops training presenting temporary versus permanent Barracks buffing dilemma taking it to another level of balancing where ample amount of permanent buffs would render temporary buffs much less valuable, near useless. I know this idea has already been presented, just viewing it from the opposite angle. So the outcome is that both systems are bent towards being mutually exclusive and can meaningfully cooperate only when both are used in moderation. At the first glance it looks like 2 or 3 buildings is about the highest meaningful amount if one still want's to preserve the meaningful use of temporary buffs.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 18.11.18 at 11:31.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgy View Post
    Only +50% for the training grounds? With all the +200/300/500% buffs, an extra 50% is barely noticeable.

To make 25 MS in a lvl 6 elite barracks takes 2:05h. Now add TG: 1:25h. Nice improvement, but still twice as long compared to a skunk.
    EB with skunk: 42 min. Now add TG: 36 min, That is only a 19% improvement.
    EB with skunk and rec guide: 25 min. Now add TG: 22:44 min. A 9% improvement.

Most of us run our barracks with at least a skunk.

My suggestion: make the bonus 100% and allow us to buy more than 1. Or make the bonus 200%.
    You will already be able to buy unlimited amount of copies which is also why the percentage is only 50% per copy. You can get one with beanstalks and rest with gems or via gifting. Note that the building is permanent bonus while buffs have a fixed duration and you need to be the to drop em multiple times a day.

World
    Sandycove
    I appreciate BB allowing the purchase of the training ground with sprouts.

As for the amount of the increase I don't understand people complaining that getting more than you had before is somehow bad. If the increase is worth it to you buy it and if it's not don't buy it.

Since you can make a purchase with only sprouts I can't see any reason to complain.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    saving judgement for the release tomorrow but according to some sites, the weekly quests will require "donations" and production of hundreds (additively thousands) of elite troops including MS, MM, BS, K, KN, etc...... ready to donate 5000 cannon (i.e. 500 cannoneers?). I did not see this on test at all so again, will have to see with rht update tomorrow. this of course at higher levels but hoping this is not the case.. but if true, really makes me understand why the new buildings.... and negates their effect IMHO.

sanadar

Reply to Thread