Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Weekly Challenges & Training Grounds

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Most (if not all) of the buffs add a percentage to the production of a workyard, so its dangerous to say something is doubled or trebled. As far as I am aware if the base production is 1 then a +100% buff would make it 2 and the application of +100% zone buff would make it 3.

It will be interesting to see if the barracks add on will add to its base production (So it will become base [including addon] 1.5, +100% = 3, +100% = 4.5) or just act in the same way as a buff (base 1, + addon = 1.5, +100% = 2.5, +100% = 3.5)

.. and yes those contributions look horrendous, 400 odd besiegers

Well its just come back up so we shall find out very soon .......................
    Last edited by cat_flap; 20.11.18 at 10:25.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well that didn't last long, but as implemented it was giving 3.5 not 4.5 with the elite expansion and a skunk.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    ahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahha....

okay the joke was funny bbo.. can you turn the real ship on now? ya know the one that makes the game MORE fun to play? april is still a long way off so enough with the april fools joke. new buildings that make the barracks faster should improve the game.... not so we just turn over the units to you with a click. doing adventures is fun. "clicking unit donations" is NOT.

i seem to recall a statement that you were going to focus on higher level content. if you were trying to retain players at higher levels, this aint it. its just a shuffle of resources which is not entertaining.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    my only issue is being forced to do a specific adventure ie 3 recoverys or 3 whirlwinds would of been a lot better if you had either done any 3 or 3 by type
    We have to do co-ops for this?

If so, no tokens for me, then...

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    If we only had to donate r, b, S, MS and maybe K. It would be just like an adventure, but faster, and only xp as reward. But donating hundreds of B/MM/AM? No way

And not to mention the insane amounts of resources.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    this all seems disastrous! I have no inclination to play the game at all. maybe a nights sleep will change my mind but right now i'd rather watch tv and i thought i'd never say that!

I'm not going to bother with the weekly challenges even tho i was really looking forward to them and am now feeling quite disappointed. the quests are just stupid. i'm sure those that are going to attempt them will run out of resources in 2 weeks and give up.

i have 2 training grounds, which apparently give 200% prod speed. I'm wondering just how buffs work with these, I'm using mr myers and its gone from 1 hr 5mins to 25 mins for a 25 stack, which means mr myers is having approx extra 100% effect. its supposed to be extra 300%. barracks 200% myers 100% = 300% I guess according to bb maths (and i have tried to figure these out b4) all is fine, but i could have saved my stalks and gems and carried on using buffs to give the same effect!

edit:
    i pulled down training grounds and with myers a 25 stack takes 31 mins. i know i haven't explained this very well, but tbh i just can't be bothered.
    Last edited by vigabrand; 20.11.18 at 17:48.

World
    Sandycove
    No ship / weekly quest, so can't comment on it. I haven't bought training grounds yet, will wait for BB to fix the bugs others have been experiencing.

I do like the almost 1k extra pop from the arabian & other pop buildings on my land though. That was a nice boost, thanks BB!
    Last edited by Areop-Enap; 20.11.18 at 18:22.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm doing the weekly challenge because it's new and I wanted to try it out. But at level 66, the whole thing is very expensive so I very much doubt I'll do them again.

Edit: I just noticed the prices of adventures have gone up. For example, Witch of the Swamp used to be 95 map fragments, now is 110. Why on earth was that changed? It's not as if we're getting any more map fragments from adventure searches, so why make the few adventures we can buy with fragments more expensive?

Edit: I just checked the prices of some adventures on Wiki. BK has gone from 295 map fragments to 510. Roaring Bull from 295 to 610. Stealing from the Rich from 145 to 190. Traitors from 145 to 200. This is crazy! Why???
    Last edited by Schipperke; 20.11.18 at 23:03.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have been playing at my own slow pace which mostly suited me well. There are some settings that make it difficult now and already before, such as, I do not want to waste resources I only get via explorers on guild quests etc. Now I need even more of the things I do not have nor can afford. It would really help to get quests/challenges that are doable at ones level, so having just turned level 46 it is absolutely idiotic to have to give away X amount of gunpowder or even canons, when the gunpowderhut comes at 47! I have been having this issue before with some quests but this update makes it even worse.
    After level 40 I already got the feeling the quests were unachievable but now this has gotten to a higher level of "not able to get there"

Would you please put in a mechanic for us who take their time to choose a lower level bracket, with diminished rewards obviously?! Thanks!

TillyMcGrumpy
    I'm quite dismayed to have these challenges be so hard - Have the developers forgotten what it's like to have no resources? I have been playing for about two weeks and have levelled up steadily to level 32 (due to the generosity of guild members). I have not yet done a single adventure other than Bounty Hunter but the challenge wants me to do two! It isn't possible for me to complete these challenges in one week's time and I don't like to ask for non-essential resources - my guild members shouldn't have to carry me. At the very least I would like an option to decline the challenge and turn it off so it doesn't keep popping up in my quest book. I am very unhappy, I am considering whether to quit the game

Reply to Thread