Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Weekly Challenges & Training Grounds

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    Speak to us BB unless you have all quit.

Tell us what the plans are. Do you intend to let this run as it is, to adjust as asked for or to scrap the lot?
    Patience gamer. Some players like it as it is. They don't want to make them mad also.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    Patience gamer. Some players like it as it is. They don't want to make them mad also.
    I don't know why those players would be 'mad' if the quests would become less abusive.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Xadro View Post
    I don't know why those players would be 'mad' if the quests would become less abusive.
    Some like the challenge of it as transpires from their posts. Make it easy and their challenge is lost. There's nothing abusive. It's just different then what some of us expected. It's doable within the framework of mission statement provided by BB_Alex. If they make minor adjustments or rework the whole system into something different is up to them, but neither should happen hastily without proper consideration of all aspects involved. In case of this feature I would expect them to collect and analyse inhouse data about usage before progressing to any adjustment. Feedback of a handful of frustrated players is not sufficient for any major move. WC do not present any threat to anything. At least I didn't notice that it would limit my gaming in any way. I'm glad for those players who are happy with WC and don't want to spoil their joy, at least not now.

EDIT: We readily blame BB that they do not know their game and it might be true in a way. On the other hand they have data available which we don't. Many different ways to play this game. The bigger picture is available to them, not so much to us. Whether they interpret it correctly or not is another question. The point is this. Some players, maybe most of us, sort of want the game to respect our playstyle and develop accordingly, while in reality we should be open to challenge and adjust to the game development. The fact that some players like the Challenge as it is proves BB_Alex right at least on some level. Anyway, think I'm talking a bit too much already
    Last edited by Norton_C; 29.11.18 at 00:13.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Even if people like a challenge they also like a good reward, with this we get a few more pop, who can be bothered for that? The xp is hardly worth the hassle either

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1077 View Post
    Even if people like a challenge they also like a good reward, with this we get a few more pop, who can be bothered for that? The xp is hardly worth the hassle either
    Me and bunch of other people are doing them at least. For me personally the extra pop means I gain more free space on my island as upgrades allow me to remove some of the poorer pop buildings. There's plenty of population to gain at the early levels.

It's also not that big of a hassle. I can complete the 3 ship tasks in less than 5 minutes as I premade the items for the next runs after playing each chain once. Aside from plat and mahogany, all the production quests are using home island materials, require no active effort and can be completed in less than a day. Pretty much the same for army delegation, you just queue, wait and complete. Only "challenging" part is the adventure one which is currently a bit too much luck based with couple of the adventures.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    It appears weekly challenges are easy to do for people who don't need more pop and VERY difficult and expensive for people who needs/wants more pop...

So, as many others, I'll only will do boat if not excessively expensive...

Good idea, bad realisation

No way to do 2 or three times the same expensive adv...

Sorry for my globish... Have fun

Reply to Thread