Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Weekly Challenges & Training Grounds

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Rewards are too low for the costs.
    Co-op adventures are not popular and will discourage a lot of people.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Sandycove

No luck-based tasks? I beg to differ...

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Acadma View Post
    All of these challenges will contain stages which ask you to accomplish things such as producing resources, completing adventures creating and applying buffs etc. What they do not contain is any luck-based tasks, such as treasure hunts; this means you can more predictably complete these challenges with some consistency, without the fear of running out of time due to bad luck.
    So I, like many others, eagerly anticipated the new Weekly Challenges and, like may others, dove into my first one with enthusiasm despite what seemed like some very costly sacrifices to begin with, assured by the above statement that I would be able to finish it, so long as I put in the effort. Enthusiasm that lasted until this evening, when I was confronted by the following task:

"Complete 3 adventure(s) from the following list: Ali Baba and the First Thief"

Anyone care to take a guess how many copies of Ali Baba and the First Thief I have?

Yup, you got it... NONE!

So now I have two choices, try to buy three copies of an adventure that is no doubt now in some demand from the Trade Office.
    Or start spamming Woodcutters in the hope of getting the right adventure to drop three times.

And this is NOT a luck-based task?

My hairy backside, it's not!

I feel conned...

You made a promise, Blue Byte, and I expect these quests to be changed, forthwith, in order for that to be delivered.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelza View Post
    But maybe you were only aiming them at players with completely crowded islands having not much to do with their res? Nah, even such explanation doesnt stand - challenges are available from levels where such thing is absolutely improbable.
    You werent around before so you dont know what kind of poopstorm is created when content is available only on high levels. Everyone wants to do everything and it makes sense from developers side to release content for as broad level range as possible.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Sandycove

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Madorosu View Post
    I feel conned...
    And to everything else you said, big thumbs up
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    You werent around before so you dont know what kind of poopstorm is created when content is available only on high levels. Everyone wants to do everything and it makes sense from developers side to release content for as broad level range as possible.
    I would argue its quite the opposite, it makes sense to create new content for higher levels as a form of incentivising people to progress through the game.

Since levelling only goes one way, any content that is created for lower levels is by definition only temporary and lasts only until the player gets to higher level, especially in a game as unbalanced as TSO.

What is the actual problem though is not this model, its the fact that BB has screwed up the levelling process and made vast majority of players unable to reliably get to higher levels in a reasonable amount of time.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    As games age, they should become easier to allow newer players to catch up and enjoy the same content as the rest of the server. I was totally against the higher level content which is out of reach for almost all players for years. The pathfinder being level 70 for example, maybe 1% of all players will ever reach that level.

Daily quests used to contain adventures and were removed as players didn't want to do adventures for daily quests, as well as adventures for guild quests every day or the adventures they planned to do to progress.

If things were tested and the feedback was considered then the quests would be very different.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I'm pretty sure its only 1 besieged city or wisdom, not the 3 that's being reported. but 3 x 1st thief is probably going a bit too far, lol.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    I'm pretty sure its only 1 besieged city or wisdom, not the 3 that's being reported. but 3 x 1st thief is probably going a bit too far, lol.
    For 66-75 it's 1 besieged, 3 wisdoms, 3 ww or 3 storm

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    And yet, if you've got the Epidemic, you are requested to play 3 ToW (or 3 Whirlwind in Kingdom Defence, or 3 Storm Recovery in Archeological Excavation) from lvl 66+.
    The "one" Besieged City at that level comes from Town Construction.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    As every server on the game is complaining over the adventures choices you would of thought they would take the opportunity while the game is down to address the adventure choices either by changing them or allowing us the ability to buy the items for map frags via the merchant ...guess thats too much to ask for

Reply to Thread