Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Weekly Challenges & Training Grounds

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    why you force us to play co-op adventure, where to find people to play co-op adventure that often.
    and same adventure three times... with high cost considering the player level.
    I do not mind to play solo adventure even it hard, but co-op x3 is just plain stupied within the window time of 1 week.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Schipperke View Post
    I'm doing the weekly challenge because it's new and I wanted to try it out. But at level 66, the whole thing is very expensive so I very much doubt I'll do them again.

Edit: I just noticed the prices of adventures have gone up. For example, Witch of the Swamp used to be 95 map fragments, now is 110. Why on earth was that changed? It's not as if we're getting any more map fragments from adventure searches, so why make the few adventures we can buy with fragments more expensive?

Edit: I just checked the prices of some adventures on Wiki. BK has gone from 295 map fragments to 510. Roaring Bull from 295 to 610. Stealing from the Rich from 145 to 190. Traitors from 145 to 200. This is crazy! Why???
    Probably because some coming changes that will increase the amount of map fragments in the game. Perhaps they will introduce a requested feature to exchange (unwanted) advs for map fragments..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuiri
    "All of these challenges will contain stages which ask you to accomplish things such as producing resources, completing adventures creating and applying buffs etc. What they do not contain is any luck-based tasks, such as treasure hunts; this means you can more predictably complete these challenges with some consistency, without the fear of running out of time due to bad luck."
    I would like to see some BB explanation on the highlighted parts... because a task to complete an adventure NOT available for map fragments is really based on the luck you already have it .... No to mention 3 of them ...

Quote Originally Posted by TBDragons View Post
    Just doing the weekly quest on the live server now and came to the adventure quest section. There is where I'll stop for no other reason that it's suddenly become a game of chance to complete. If you don't already have the adventures you require then for my level on the excavation quest you need 3 x heart of the wood adv's and 3 x riches of the mountain. Given that the only way of getting either is through explorers then on average (here the chance bit) you get 1 every 100 medium searches - therefore 300 searches for all 3 - with 15 x fast & savage, 3 lucky, 2 courageous, 2 intrepid that'll come to 6 * 32 hours of exploring - and that's just for the heart of the wood, riches of the mountain is even longer!
    Therefore how can BB say that the weekly quests don't rely on luck. I seriously beg to differ, it is all luck when it comes to the adventures!
    Dev should calculate how many explorers you would need to have to go find the adventures they put up. Think it's probably more than any player has! or put them in the adv shop.
    Either way the current Weekly quests rely on Luck to complete.

By my calculations with my explorers I'll get the adventurers required in about 21 days of constant searches!
    I want to add my voice to the obviously very valid point raised by the players I quote and by many others in this thread, and many others in game who wont take the time to come here and offer feedback - I think lots of us are feeling extremely aggravated, cheated even, by this last update. For those who can try them, at least... Many having bugs with them. And oh gosh, how I wish I was one, retrospectively.

Like many, I was very excited and looking forward to the weekly challenges as they were described to us in the dev diary. It all very quickly turned into stupor, then disappointment, then irritation (to say the least...). First, I (we) realized how costy those quests were getting, as ressources and handing over troops go. But let's say it's still fine. But THEN after being that much committed with all ressources previously invested, then we are asked to do three times 2 differents addys... on a list of... one addy each time. In which world is a single item "a list of items"?. And yes, like said above, Heart of the Woods is one of them, addy which is nowhere to be found, asked by many players at the same time in TO, is reported in wiki as having 1% chance to drop in medium adv search...

I'm baffled. Is it lack of thinking from the Dev? Or just a hope to see us spending gems to auto complete those quests? I hope for the first, it would be less devastating for the gaming spirit.
    Either way, I'm -like many others- obviously not going to try and do those challenges ever again before (and if...) they are seriously revamped with some thoroughness. And to put it simply, the envy and joy to play the game has taken a serious hit. If I may, if the game is fun and feels quite balanced, that's an incentive to spend some more real money in it - challenges are the exact opposite as they are now. More than challenging, they feel foolish, and a waste of time and ressources. It's obviously far more interesting to simply save up ressources and buy any population-holding buildings, simple noble residences to begin with, for my part, in example. But maybe you were only aiming them at players with completely crowded islands having not much to do with their res? Nah, even such explanation doesnt stand - challenges are available from levels where such thing is absolutely improbable.

Thanks for hearing us out as fast as possible. And to those saying "we" want things handed out to us effortlessly, you are really not getting it at all and obviously not even trying to. These challenges should be playable by everyone putting some effort in them - and they are clearly not, for the time being.
    Last edited by Kelza; 21.11.18 at 17:27.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I'm not sure if there is much point to adding to the whinge-fest, so I will limit my comment to a request/suggestion; please can we opt out of weekly challenges, or hide them from the quest list?
    Last edited by Xajorkith; 21.11.18 at 20:32.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Weekly Challenges.... W.C.

This stinks for a reason

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    why are you guys so busy complaining - if you dont like the new weekly quests then just opt out to do them.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Xajorkith View Post
    I'm not sure if there is much point to adding to the whinge-fest, so I will limit my comment to a request/suggestion; please can we opt out of weekly adventures, or hide them from the quest list?
    yes - good suggestion- it is annoying to look at quests you are never going to do.

As this was new- I wanted to do it no matter how insanely expensive it is. I was thinking that I should try it before deciding. And fine it is expensive but I have a choice to do it or not. I did not check before hand what all the quest was about,- but when I found out after I had given away - a huge lot of elite troops that it took a very long time to make- that final quest was doing 3 ToW I got mad. So mad that I dont think I will do any more of this.

I dont mind doing ToW - but even doing one would require that I had one. Getting one from doing first some woodcutters - then some 2nd or 3rd thief's, might be possible. To have time to do this to get 3 and do them, and also keeping up my day job. It is not a question of how much I want to spent or give. We are over in the category of impossible task. It is not fair to make people give up this huge amount of resources and then make the final quest impossible to do.
    This week I can do it because a very nice person helped me out. And I will finish because it is the first time.

Would like to be able to just hide it so I dont need to be reminded of this again. It is waste of time and resources if you are not lucky to have a huge lot stashed up.

If you want people to do this quantity of follow ups- you need to increase the drop rate of them or to make it possible to get them in merchant.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    ...i now have to untick mail with loot in from explos etc b4 i can delete everything. this used to automatic. this is an improvement how?
    Agreed. Another devolution.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Sandycove
    As far as being required to do adventures I agree that if it's part of a chain that by design you can't see forward in, and have already committed enough resources that it's a waste to give up now, forcing a single choice multi play adventure is a terrible idea and I can't believe anybody thought otherwise. Saner ideas are clear in other elements: Play any Arabian Nights, Play any Co-Op, etc. Or perhaps "Play 3 adventures difficulty 6 or higher" or something like that where the challenge is still there but the player can work within what adventures they have, what can be purchased, what can be reasonably traded for, etc. The idea to force a single adventure multiple times regardless of considerations of availability is so crazy I'm stunned it was even considered.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I have completed one weekly challenge as I wanted to try it out unfortunately the cost of completing was extremely high and I had to resort to using gems for some of the sections as I would never have been able to complete. I will not be doing another one unless the requirements are reviewed to make them more achievable - I wouldn't want them to be too easy though. I don't do co-op adventures as I prefer to play on my own so find the forcing of these adventures detrimental to play.

Reply to Thread