Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Weekly Challenges & Training Grounds

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny_cz View Post
    I'm probably doing something wrong, because I'm on level 53 and I found out weekly challenge absolutely ok. The biggest problem is that my stocks are full and I have to get rid of things to complete "produce" parts of quests (it will be great to have an option to pay the resources anytime during quests not only at the end). Also I don't like doing adventures at all so the mandatory adventure is quite annoying but far from difficult.
    But seriously people, what's wrong with you, these are CHALLENGES, they're not meant to be easy, it looks like you all just want free exp and tokens each week to be satisfied
    I'm level 69 and I agree with you. I was little bored with game and now I have finally something to do. Maybe adventures I have to do are not my favourite, but i can live with that. Rest is easy. Rewards are OK, lot of XP and tokens for more population what I need. Thank you BB for update.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    The concept of WC, special non-trade-able currency and upgrading settlers building is brilliant. Execution itself not so much. High demand for high level resources means these WC lost most of it's atractivity for me. Seems BB took the hard core players and balanced WC for them so that they can't easily farm it and abuse the feature. Which I understand, but where it leaves a casual player? Using adventures which are not so easily available without giving any choice just serves as another detterent. So for now I'm thinking "stick your WC wherever you want to" although originally I had high expectations and was looking forward to it. I think I'll wait untill all the details are known and published at fan sites, and then see if any of them would be meaningful to be done at least occasionally. I'm taking it as a very exclusive feature, nothing which could be done weekly, but even so the cost x benefit ratio makes me not interested for now.

With this level of demand the whole system would be a lot more accessible if there was an option to choose lower level WC, although it would in a sense beat the purpose of the challenge. On the other hand the issue could be sorted by penalizing downgrading. As it is, and if it stays without any change, it's just not much fun.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 21.11.18 at 18:36.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    The idea of the weekly challenges is a good one...but here we go again with the Devs trying to force their will on players. We are a diverse playing group and a lack of flexibility has never gone down well with the players. How many more times will they need to be told not to make us do a particular adventure? Even the wording of the quest indicates a choice should be there...just someone forgot to add more than one! GIVE ME back my choice, and if not, list the subquests so I can ignore the whole quest rather than get half way through and then get miffed ( It should not be left to fan based sites for this, its not like its a crysis quest and secret is it? ) Diaries and change logs should contain ALL the relevant information...please use it.
    Just for constructive purposes, the choice of adventures could easily be made up of one or two of similar levels, or even one or two of each type - Mini; normal: scenarios; co-op or expedition. Thus those players who prefer a particular type could all be happy.
    Couldnt agree more. The beauty of this game is that there are infinite ways to play it.
    I only do MCC adventures at the moment and only started this weekly quest as i believed that any 3 adventures would count.
    Unfortunately the way this has been set out, it would appear that it is necessary to do 3 or 4 stated adventures.
    I am sure there are players who feel that this is a worthwhile sacrifice to complete the quest and get the rewards, however i do not wish to change the way i play the game having got my island, resources and troop production finally into sync after 2.5 years.
    Unfortunately no one in our guild has chosen to do the new weekly quests either, mainly due to the restrictive adventures, though some because of resources or troops. Of the 3 sections (troops, resources, adventures), it only takes one to be prohibitive for anyones playing style for the feature to be worthless.

It seems ill conceived to have introduced a new feature into the game, that alienates so many of the regular players. Whilst i am delighted that some enjoy the new quest, it would appear most do not.

Maybe some compromise to avoid alienating the majority, would be to have options within each segment ie Complete 3 MCC / Ali Baba / Fairytale adventures or 1 of each.
    To have to do a Co-Op or 3 specific adventures that are a rare loot drop, takes the practicalities out of our own hands and relies on either others or luck.

For those who chose to complete the quest, the chances are that the cost in resources, troops and adventures from trade/merchant will be equivalent to 100k + gold coins each time.

I truly welcome new features as it keeps the game fresh and exciting, but to give players a feeling of alienation, that the developers do not understand how many chose to play the game seems to be ill conceived.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I am sure some will enjoy these challenges at least while the resources last but as a long term addition to the Settlers game I consider this an own goal by BB

If funds are low to keep the game going then the recent attempts to get people to buy more gems are ill conceived in my view. I buy gems at reasonable amounts because i used to enjoy settlers and inter activity with other players and wanted to see the game flourish but the last year or so I see a drive from BB to make the few happy and it will drive people away I think.

Come on BB cater for the masses and make the game fun again, start playing the game yourselves with the sameconditions and resources we ordinary players have and please do not forget many of us only have a hour or 2 to play each day

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Larili View Post
    The idea of the weekly challenges is a good one...but here we go again with the Devs trying to force their will on players. We are a diverse playing group and a lack of flexibility has never gone down well with the players. How many more times will they need to be told not to make us do a particular adventure? Even the wording of the quest indicates a choice should be there...just someone forgot to add more than one! GIVE ME back my choice, and if not, list the subquests so I can ignore the whole quest rather than get half way through and then get miffed ( It should not be left to fan based sites for this, its not like its a crysis quest and secret is it? ) Diaries and change logs should contain ALL the relevant information...please use it.
    Just for constructive purposes, the choice of adventures could easily be made up of one or two of similar levels, or even one or two of each type - Mini; normal: scenarios; co-op or expedition. Thus those players who prefer a particular type could all be happy.
    Exactly. I think in the past some quests were even changed due to player demand to any adventure or difficulty range from specific adventure. As far as i know there has never been a quest asking you to do more than 2 same specific adventure. 3 or more adventure have always been a list or a range.

BB_Alex who seems to be head developer or smth said on test server that they deliberately dont show all subquest info.
    As far as adventure list or range is concerned he is saying that there are high and low levels inside difficulty levels and thats why he cant allow adventure list or even single difficulty range. Utter nonsense.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    Exactly. I think in the past some quests were even changed due to player demand to any adventure or difficulty range from specific adventure. As far as i know there has never been a quest asking you to do more than 2 same specific adventure. 3 or more adventure have always been a list or a range.

BB_Alex who seems to be head developer or smth said on test server that they deliberately dont show all subquest info.
    As far as adventure list or range is concerned he is saying that there are high and low levels inside difficulty levels and thats why he cant allow adventure list or even single difficulty range. Utter nonsense.
    Back to my quote on another thread about BB_Alex fixated with balance and making us choose...

Can we have a new BB please, BB?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    well i have had to stop doing the weekly quest i was on as i need 3 wisdoms i would need to do either 2nd thief or 3rd thief and to get them i would need to YWC so if i was lucky and it all went my way i would need to do 9 adventures to complete and most ppls supplies of wisdoms were well and truly used up because of the x2 during halloween...i will do a quest each week up to the point of the adventures just for additional xp but something i was really really looking too i have lost interest in now well done BB

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    "All of these challenges will contain stages which ask you to accomplish things such as producing resources, completing adventures creating and applying buffs etc. What they do not contain is any luck-based tasks, such as treasure hunts; this means you can more predictably complete these challenges with some consistency, without the fear of running out of time due to bad luck."
    I would like to see some BB explanation on the highlighted parts... because a task to complete an adventure NOT available for map fragments is really based on the luck you already have it .... No to mention 3 of them ...

World
    Northisle
    I dislike the changes so much that I'm not even going to try help fixing them.

Just undo everything and start from scratch. Pro tip: try and make something fun.
    t00t t00t
    This signature has been censored.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Just doing the weekly quest on the live server now and came to the adventure quest section. There is where I'll stop for no other reason that it's suddenly become a game of chance to complete. If you don't already have the adventures you require then for my level on the excavation quest you need 3 x heart of the wood adv's and 3 x riches of the mountain. Given that the only way of getting either is through explorers then on average (here the chance bit) you get 1 every 100 medium searches - therefore 300 searches for all 3 - with 15 x fast & savage, 3 lucky, 2 courageous, 2 intrepid that'll come to 6 * 32 hours of exploring - and that's just for the heart of the wood, riches of the mountain is even longer!
    Therefore how can BB say that the weekly quests don't rely on luck. I seriously beg to differ, it is all luck when it comes to the adventures!
    Dev should calculate how many explorers you would need to have to go find the adventures they put up. Think it's probably more than any player has! or put them in the adv shop.
    Either way the current Weekly quests rely on Luck to complete.

By my calculations with my explorers I'll get the adventurers required in about 21 days of constant searches!

EDIT: BB did something in this weeks update that allowed me to complete the multiple Adv part of the quest without doing the all the adventures, but I had completed all the other parts of that quest. This makes the weekly quest achievable. Not sure what changed but will find out in next weeks quest. This does make the weekly quests now achievable. Thank you
    Last edited by TBDragons; 23.11.18 at 11:47. Reason: BB made a change in maintenance

Reply to Thread