Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Diary: Weekly Challenges & Training Grounds

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    The most unpopular adventures, what were the chances eh?

As a higher level I already don't do besieged (or seasnake or SE) for pathfinder. I can now enjoy not doing it for this too.
    Don't even start me on 3 whirlwinds bwahahahahaha.

World
    Northisle
    The three ToWs requirement is ridiculous, especially following an event where everyone used up all their ToWs. Most players will have to do 6 3rd Thiefs and hope they get 50% drops of the ToW adventure. This is a 'no luck' thing?

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    First, I think the training ground buildings are OK. They give +50% continuous production, that's 12 hour extra production a day. A Stronghold building produces an Ice swimming a day, which requires some maintenance from the player, and also some resources. Ice swimming gives +20hours production, so over all I would value the Training ground building to be equivalent to ~0.75 Stronghold. For 40k stalks it's a good deal. (And if I'm correct, they are giftable, as they are unlimited, so one can basically buy them for gc as well, however I don't know what's the gc : gem ratio of the market.)

Second, the weekly challenges: I really like the idea to have upgradeable pop buildings, and also the new source of XP. However I really don't find it funny to be forced to do 2-3 Whirlwind advs. There are some advs which are way-way worse than others, please don't force us to make them. BB can try to balance the loot and XP, than maybe players will start use them. It worked for TR, that's a nice adv now. But WW is a piece a garbage even with the coop update.

Also I have to make 5 prolonged search for the 2nd quest in line: it's quite hard to complete with my 3 normal explorers when they were just sent out for very long adv searches. I would need 6 days for the 5 prolonged, but they are still not available for 2.5 more days, so I have basically no chance to finish the quest. I have 1 lucky from the footy event (and no more explorers at all, as I started the game in this May), but I use him for artifact searches. So I can sacrifice 5 days of arti searches to finish this quest, and than I can probably finish the 3rd in line in the remaining 1 day, but it's not even garanteed that I get a quest which can be done in a day.

So in summary: it would be nice if we would get the info of all the quests, so we can decide in each week whether it's worth to do them based on whether we can finish the whole line or not that given week. It would be also nice, if we would not get such quests, which requires 3-5 days at least (I know that most high level players have many explorers, but it's not the case for everybody).
    Last edited by DNscoons; 22.11.18 at 13:53. Reason: typo

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by OleGit View Post
    The three ToWs requirement is ridiculous, especially following an event where everyone used up all their ToWs.
    You cant base long term balancing decisions that in theory are never changed on such a temporary condition as an event ending before content release.

Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    As every server on the game is complaining over the adventures choices you would of thought they would take the opportunity while the game is down to address the adventure choices either by changing them or allowing us the ability to buy the items for map frags via the merchant ...guess thats too much to ask for
    Developing/balancing this content probably took months. Changing it in a day is not realistic. If they ever make a change it will be only once not every week. Same goes for merchant. Best we can hope for is stuff sent in mail but Im pretty sure there is/they see no reason for that. Not even sure they have the option to send mail according to player level.
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    I would argue its quite the opposite, it makes sense to create new content for higher levels as a form of incentivising people to progress through the game.
    Some content definitely.
    But this current content of getting some extra population space should only be available for high levels? What levels is that? 65+?
    If a lower level has more population space does it make it harder or easier for them to level up?

That said in its current form I do not want to level up to next bracket. If I want to keep playing at least the 1 out of 4 I consider worth it.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    since the hotfix today I now have a bug on my guild quest in my quest book not displaying correctly - anyone else got the same problem?

World
    Newfoundland
    We all have Sue1000 and if you visit another island before heading back to your own, it seems to sort the issue out. At least temporarily.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    thanks - are we going to get another hotfix?

World
    Newfoundland
    Your guess is as good as mine, but I'd put a tenner on it if I were you

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    You cant base long term balancing decisions that in theory are never changed on such a temporary condition as an event ending before content release.

Developing/balancing this content probably took months.

D
    Those two sentences right there are correct. However, it seems sentence one didn't speak to sentence two.

BB1: Hey guys, we are going to make ToW a vital component of the new Weekly Challenges
    BB2: Great, let's cheese everyone off on day 1 by making sure they all get used up at Halloween.

World
    Newfoundland
    About Tokens.
    If you demolish an upgraded building the upgrades and Tokens are lost!
    There is no explanation of this in the Dev Diary. Not even a warning.
    For something that requires this much effort to get I would expect them to be refunded to storage or the building level kept also in star. Another way would be a downgrade building option that refunds Tokens.

In conclusion: if the Tokens were permanent I would consider the quests well enough balanced and all worth playing.
    Last edited by topgearfan; 23.11.18 at 10:17.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Reply to Thread