Reply to Thread

Thread: Pumpkin fields

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Pumpkin fields

As the event comes to a close some of us are still collecting pumpkins from our fields. I and a few others that I know have enough pumpkin deposits to last right up to the end of the event. Would it be a good idea if we could have an extra day once the event is over and our pumpkin fields have disappeared so we can spend what pumpkins we have remaining. Rather than losing our collected pumpkins because time has run out.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    You have two chances of someone from BB actually seeing this suggestion before Monday morning: Slim and None.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    You have two chances of someone from BB actually seeing this suggestion before Monday morning: Slim and None.
    I'm not expecting any changes to be made for this years event. The idea only came to me today. It is something that could be considered for future events. But thank you so much for your opinions on the actual idea itself.
    Last edited by PELIAS; 17.11.18 at 05:35.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    As the event comes to a close some of us are still collecting pumpkins from our fields. I and a few others that I know have enough pumpkin deposits to last right up to the end of the event. Would it be a good idea if we could have an extra day once the event is over and our pumpkin fields have disappeared so we can spend what pumpkins we have remaining. Rather than losing our collected pumpkins because time has run out.
    You had 5 days to empty the fields after the end of phase 1. Need to learn to calculate how many you need to have in the field at an earlier point in the event. A lot will have pumpkins left in their fields but tbh that is their own fault.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by PELIAS View Post
    I'm not expecting any changes to be made for this years event. The idea only came to me today. It is something that could be considered for future events. But thank you so much for your opinions on the actual idea itself.
    Well, excuse me for reading your post like an eleventh hour plea for an extension to this event, but seeing as though you specifically asked for my opinion, then here goes:

The main purpose of the deactivation phase of any event is to give players ample opportunity to spend event resources before the merchant closes so, technically, the type of period you are requesting already exists. The introduction of pumpkin refills to the Halloween event, in recent years, added a new dimension to this phase, meaning that you need to balance between time required to empty the cemeteries whilst still allowing yourself chance to spend the pumpkins they produced. As the date of complete deactivation was publicised prominently near the very top of the Dev Diary some three weeks ago, this is a relatively simple equation of basic maths and personal schedule that we have all had plenty of time to work out.

Like many others, I suspect, my cemeteries were timed to expire a day or so before final deactivation, thus giving myself plenty of time to either find some extra for that final purchase or trade away any surplus before they became worth half a gold coin each and I would politely suggest that anyone who failed to do something similar chalk it up as a learning experience for next year, rather than requesting yet another phase to the event which would needlessly complicate the answers to the kind of questions I saw in chat a few days ago about why there is a new timer above the chat window that says five days when some players, and I quote, "thought the event was over".

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    If they do as you suggest the end result will be the same as if they did nothing at all. All that will happen is players will attempt to put even more refills into their fields taking you back to square one.

The only solution is one your not going to like and that is to add a timer to the fields so that they stop producing 1 day before the event end.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread