Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We need a building simulator!

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

We need a building simulator!

A building simulator such that we can try different layouts before we commit to a certain design. Moving buildings around with limited space is a messy process that can result in lost motivation to play the game! You lose potential income and we lose mates!

You could charge some gems for use of it! Either as pay per use or a single payment for permanent usage or both!

Best regards, Killovicz

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Best simulator for me is tsotesting.com i do mine layouts there.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Thank you very much, much appreciated

World
    Newfoundland
    yep testing server is the go. saved me a lot of pain. Just take some screens of you layouts or have both running.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    I do site mapping with roads usually first thing after placing storehouse when I reclaim new land. Map the boundaries of the space available and then place statues to help me see what arrangements are available in that space. Used to do it with wells when I didn't have enough statues. When mapping is done then I decide which trade/buildings would best fit there. Since I leave the road mapping in it's place it enables me to see options even after the space is full without moving anything so can "plan" by just looking around and using my imagination.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton_C View Post
    I do site mapping with roads usually first thing after placing storehouse when I reclaim new land. Map the boundaries of the space available and then place statues to help me see what arrangements are available in that space. Used to do it with wells when I didn't have enough statues. When mapping is done then I decide which trade/buildings would best fit there. Since I leave the road mapping in it's place it enables me to see options even after the space is full without moving anything so can "plan" by just looking around and using my imagination.
    Exactly, this is the right way to do it, Horseman statues are ideal for this. You lose very little space this way, just the occasional half square here or there unless you want to place a watermill or improved storehouse, they take up that half square so no lose of space.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkis View Post
    Best simulator for me is tsotesting.com i do mine layouts there.
    A small warning issued by developers themselves. Test server is several versions ahead of the live version and might not be 100% simulation of live version.

A third party fitting simulator with only building space and building blueprints (no graphics to get in the way) would be awesome!
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    A third party fitting simulator with only building space and building blueprints (no graphics to get in the way) would be awesome!
    That would be a nice toy to play with also.

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post

Then everyone's island would look exactly the same, maximising space and production, I don't disagree that some sort of layout help would be a benefit, but ones own imagination and planning is what gives this game it's appeal.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Queue_Jumper View Post
    Then everyone's island would look exactly the same, maximising space and production, I don't disagree that some sort of layout help would be a benefit, but ones own imagination and planning is what gives this game it's appeal.
    I don't think this is a valid concern. We fish for inspiration and examples on other islands and still result in different layout. Playing style, the length of playing, purchase force etc. influence what buildings we have and how we use them, what trades we put forward or neglect etc. etc. I've seen excellent examples of space management for specific trades and yet never used them since they didn't fit my way of playing. Third party simulator would just enable some gamers to play around a bit more, while most players would still not use it anyway.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 20.11.18 at 13:13.

Reply to Thread