Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: weekly challenges - cancel button

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    the weeklies r a good idea. but in the current format a total waste of time doing them. maybe cut the res needed to produce by half and pay res the same as production and give us more of a choice of which addy to do might make more ppl interested in doing it.

But having to do 3 1st thief or 2nd thief which r hard to get as u can only get them as rewards from youngwoodcutter with a low drop rate and storm recovery x2 which chews up grout its putting most players off cause it cost a hell of res to do dailies at the mo. an opt out buton would be good as well for those of us that dont want to do them. which i think is the majority of players.

Doing weeklies means u cant do the addy u want to do especialy arabian nights addy cause weelies take the res and troops needed to do arabian nights addy. So either get rid of it totaly make them less res intensive or add an opt out button.

Canceling them or auto complete isnt realy an option cause it just starts the next 1 automaticly.

plus its screwing up the quest book. GQ is not working right since the 1st hotfix. 2nd hotfix didnt fix that problem. still getting main quests i complete ages ago showing in the GQ box stopping me from seeing the GQ. clearing cache and refreshing only does a temp fix on that as it just screws up again after a few secs.

Going on global, guild chat and the feedback on weeklies everyone wants them gone or altered. have yet to see anyone say they want the weeklies in their current state.

If anyone has legal knowledge please check the law on adding content to a game that requires players to pay real money to complete quests as i believe the weeklies might fall under that law and might be illegal.
    All i know about that law was it was put in place cause a lot of parents were getting huge credit card bills cause their kids were taking credit cards without permission to buy in game content for game quests that required real money to complete them.
    A lot of new players in my guild think the weeklies have to be done so r spending real money to complete them in time.

<removed>

But as BB r refusing to move away from flash they r probaly going to let the game die anyway by adding content to get players to quit so they can justify closing the game down before flash is removed from every system by microsoft and apple sometime before 2020. Even slim browser is removing flash and switching to webassembly just like every other browser is doing.

Webassembly is replacing flash, java and HTML5. All the main browsers have already switched to it. its not plug in like java and flash its programed into the browsers themselves. Its not compatable with flash so browsers r no longer compatable with flash and they have warnings stating use flash at ur own risk.
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 01.12.18 at 11:21.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by cliff60 View Post
    But as BB r refusing to move away from flash they r probaly going to let the game die anyway by adding content to get players to quit so they can justify closing the game down before flash is removed from every system by microsoft and apple sometime before 2020. Even slim browser is removing flash and switching to webassembly just like every other browser is doing.

Webassembly is replacing flash, java and HTML5. All the main browsers have already switched to it. its not plug in like java and flash its programed into the browsers themselves. Its not compatable with flash so browsers r no longer compatable with flash and they have warnings stating use flash at ur own risk.
    Strangely enough I have had same thought The lack of feedback from BB on the massive response from the players only makes that thought stronger. The introduction of more and more ways to spent gems and the latest attempts to try and sell us even horseman statues for gems, makes me think that they want to "milk the cow" - "squeeze the lemon" - get the most money out of us while they can.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Saw someone suggesting moving quests to ship like with pathfinder- that would suit me fine- then I would not have to look at them and could just forget they ever existed, and could not finish by mistake. But would also be great to be able to cancel them or disable them somehow.
    +1

P.S. i have seen mods (i think Saqui for 1) saying that settlers will be around for a long time to come.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    +1

P.S. i have seen mods (i think Saqui for 1) saying that settlers will be around for a long time to come.
    Depends how you define long....

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by vigabrand View Post
    +1

Dont think they will go out and say in advance - if they did we would stop spending money.
    If for some reason support feels the need to edit what I wrote, please delete entire post instead, dont put words into my mouth that I never said.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Urd123 View Post
    Dont think they will go out and say in advance - if they did we would stop spending money.
    Exactly this. It could even be so that all of the recent rapid development and gem additions to the game are been done because Ubisoft has said to BB that the game needs to turn more profitable soon or it will be shut down just like a bunch of their other online games have been already.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Exactly this. It could even be so that all of the recent rapid development and gem additions to the game are been done because Ubisoft has said to BB that the game needs to turn more profitable soon or it will be shut down just like a bunch of their other online games have been already.
    If that is the case, then perhaps someone ought to take the time to fix the gem shop!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    It could equally be that they are releasing what has been developed in order to clear the desks ready for the launch of the 2019 game on the basis that it has been worked on so may as well get it out there for one last big hurrah and for one last attempt to grab some cash? Last to know will be us.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    It could equally be that they are releasing what has been developed in order to clear the desks ready for the launch of the 2019 game on the basis that it has been worked on so may as well get it out there for one last big hurrah and for one last attempt to grab some cash? Last to know will be us.
    What 2019 game ?
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    What 2019 game ?
    new game being released Autumn 2019, includes multi player elements. let me know if you want details.

Reply to Thread