Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Training Grounds doubles training times, not decreases them

World
    Sandycove
    From what I saw the Elite training grounds did nothing - positive nor negative. I had no buffs running. I checked the last queued item's completion time and it was 2 days 13 hours. I placed the building. The time was exactly the same. Since the building description said "after placed" I cleared the queue and added all the soldiers again and it is still 2 days 13 hours. So nothing happens at all. Several refreshes were involved just to make sure.

I can't say I'm really surprised.

Edit: Did the normally advice clearing of Flash cache and browser cache and reloaded and no effect.
    Last edited by Xibor; 20.11.18 at 16:37. Reason: Tried the basic advice
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    HOTFIX When ????? BB

World
    Northisle
    Same here... lol

After i added a skunk to the elite barracks the time almost doubled, i went from having 7 days with barracks and trainning grounds to have 20 days with trainning ground and barracks on skunk.

What i noticed is all seems fine on the batchs that are being made inside the time of the buff, but once the time of the skunk expires all batchs afterwards have trainning times doubled.
    Last edited by Fanfas; 20.11.18 at 18:04.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Same here. Works as intented without buff on elite barracks, as soon as I put a buff on training time doubles

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    Same here,also weekly challenges are locked...best update since I play the game.

World
    Sandycove
    Crazy numbers to be sure.
    I looked again and my time to completion of last queued unit didn't reduce. However the time to make a single swordsman has reduced to 1 minute 40 seconds. So the bonus is working at that level.
    Player Diwata sees both the change in the time for a single unit and the total time to completion of all queued units. I can't see any difference between our systems that would explain it.

Neither of us has tested buffs yet.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Seems ok to me, buff also seems fine

World
    Newfoundland
    Without buff working as intended here. With mr myers total queue shows triple the time vs without buff.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Just used a skunk and it increased the time by 4 hours

World
    Sandycove
    In an effort to help with times in the Elite Barracks and Elite Training ground combination I did some specific calculating. With the Training Grounds and no buffs the game showed the correct total time when ordering the troops and also the correct completion time is based on looking at the last unit in the queue.

A Mounted Swordsmen single unit is 200 seconds down from 300 seconds without the Training Grounds. So this is correct. And once queued, whether 25, 100 or 500 each step (ordering and checking the queue after placing the order) stayed consistently correct.

Then I made sure the units were under 12 hours and used a Drill Plan. This should have cut the time in half but it didn't. It reduced the time, but not as much as it should have. I had a queue of 650 mins. I added the Drill Plan. New completion 389 mins instead of the expected 325.

So in a relatively simple situation where the buff fully covers the build the total completion time is not correct. I would expect that could be debugged because the variables are quite simple.

I didn't go on to include having more troops than the buff could cover and you could have lots of troops then buff and then reduce troops and so on, so it would get really hard to check all the possibilities. But I'm convinced now the basic queue completion time is wrong if a buff is involved.

What would have to be done is hand calculate what the time should be in a situation, start that, and then set a timer or make a note of the clock and check what reality is. My suspicion is that the troops will be done in the correct amount of time, it's only the number that the barracks is showing you that is wrong - but that's an educated guess. If I ever specifically prove it empirically like that I'll post it.

Hope this helps.

Reply to Thread