Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: weekly quests - nature of tasks

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    another shot to your foot BB...these are not even logical challenges...a list does not comprise ONE item repeated, and the cost of the quests...er...do you not realise that our aim is NOT to lose knights, besigers and armoured marksmen. If I have to produce them at this rate soon I wont be able to do any adv at all.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    If you think I'm chucking 2200 grout down the drain to do Storm Recovery twice for some pixy little tokens, you are out of your ever-loving minds, BB! Who invented these stupid weeklies? Same idiot who gave us PVP? Boss's son? Someone on the lash? Forget it!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    trying one to see how it works but cost is too much for the little benefit that you get back so will not be doing another until they review the whole thing. forcing people into doing co-op adventures is completely wrong - I don't do co-ops

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    2 whirlwind for me. 4 player co-op. Not a chance of me doing that when i work shifts. Not fair expecting others to hang about for me to do my sections of the adventure.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove

Thumbs down

Wasted my resources getting to the 3 addy quest in the weekly - do 3 x Tomb Raiders (L55)
    Ain't going to happen.
    I'll pass on the weeklys - maybe do the ship thing for xp until that gets stupidly expensive too.
    Just feedback if any BB are interested

World
    Sandycove
    OK I know I've already posted in feedback on the issue of the adventure subquest, but Acadma did say they wanted feedback so here is a little more of mine.
    The weekly challenge quest great concept. Tokens to upgrade previously non upgradable population buildings also a great idea. Using resources for quest also a great idea at removing surplus resources from the game ( resource sink) Great idea but yet again the Devs have failed to get the balance right, basically they have gotten greedy and put far greater high value resources at a too high requirement which has far reaching consequences for normal game play which makes it not sustainable. Once the player realise it they simply choose to stop doing the quests, so as a resource sink it is useless. Any troop donations not only requires resources but barrack cooking time which impacts on adventuring, let alone the making of weapons and operating of complete production chains, some of which are really only achievable at the top end of the quest levels, so will automatically disadvantage some players moving up a level.
    I've said it many times, now , but I believe it to be important. Players like this game because they have choices. We have so many ways to play that has come about both by design and by accident. Most long standing players still play very much to their own pattern , we like new things to try but only with the understanding that we can still play our way. Yes I still have a choice whether or not to do these weekly challenges, just as I have ( and fought hard to keep ) the choice of not doing expeditions. But when those parts of the game I do not want start to clutter up the game or my island I start to resent them being there, and also why they were brought in in the first place, this then starts to have a negative impact on my game play and I will spend less time on it.
    It would be better if these weekly challenges were based around what can be produced by a good economy running in the background of normal game play, with a resource sink of those items rarely used at the players level rather than from the top end. I'm not particularly in favour of troop donations, but would feel better if the number required was no more than two stacks ( and one if from the bottom tier ) which all production considered would still be a challenge and keep me interested rather than `pfft no way'.
    As for the adventure part. Why has the devs become obsessed with wanting us to do unpopular adventures ( which are unpopular because you got them wrong in the first place and stubbornly won't do anything to put them right ) This is a game, is it not? I want to do things I like. If I want to spend time doing things I dislike I've got housework for that. If you want to insist I do three of the same adventures ( which I still think is a mistake ) What is so wrong in making that adventure one that I like to do? If the weekly quests are limited in variety anyway Stop beating the players with a stick and let us have our fun game back. ( Having to do three Blacknights would bring a smile back on my face after all these ali's and FT's )
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

World
    Sandycove
    I have to +1 Larili here

About time the devs read and took notice of the test server - you were told we wouldnt like it, but you went ahead regardless

Smug gets you nowhere Alex

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    do 3x storm recovery what a joke and i wasted a lot of resources getting that far bb needs to give its head a wobble i wont be doing this it is utter poo and unrealistic you have lost touch with the player base and you will kill this game soon, unless thats what you aim to do?
    Last edited by settler2015; 21.11.18 at 19:51.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by procell View Post
    storm recovery is not the problem. Besieged and wisdom are the ones that will cause problems. They are both rely on the luck of getting the maps from other adventures. Lots of people do not have all day to play the game so can only do a few adventures a week. The chances of them having the maps to do the quests is very slim.
    100% agreed. At least Besieged can be gained as a LS. Wisdom is single player and very popular in it's own right therefore very difficult/expensive to obtain.
    Dumb idea.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    well i just had to do The Dark Brotherhood adventure for the weekly challenge.......... well that lost me over 3000 troops and took hours (yes i know higher levels can do it quicker) but this is a level 8 adventure that you CAN NOT buy!! so rely's on you finding it.
    This is NOT helpful or fair to any one.
    Makes doing these weekly challenges not worth the resource or the time , yes you get xp and token to up grade special building but i think i will do just this one and then forget about it.
    My husband finished his weekly challenge and thought that was the end until next week....imagine his surprise to find a SECOND weekly challenge popped up !!
    THAT IS NOT what i call a WEEKLY challenge.!

Reply to Thread