Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: weekly quests - nature of tasks

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove

weekly quests - nature of tasks

does any one else have the same issue on the quest?

complete 3 adventures from the following list tomb raiders

hmm THERE is ONLY ONE adventure to choose from..... that is NOT a list....

and now my daughter has to make items in the provision house that require her to have Platinum 900+ for the boat people !! she is not high enough level to have this and it costs loads to buy

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    There is only one type adventure per task but the amount differs. Also the changes depending of the player level and active main challenge.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    As I said in another thread if I have to do an adventure I don't like then I will ignor the weekly quests, it says on the wiki do 3 adv, no mention of what they are so I thought any 3 would do, guess I was wrong

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    For levels 66-75 they are:

Town: 1 Besieged City
    Kingdom: 3 Whirlwind
    Archaeological: 3 Storm recovery
    Epidemic: 3 Wisdom

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I just had exactly the same issue - a list of one (and it was Tomb Raiders). Really irritating - and if I'd known that at the outset, I would not have started the weekly challenge.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Wow, So disappointed. I was really looking forward to the weekly challenges but my god...same list issue...but I have to do 2 Storm recovery. Storm recovery is impossible to aquire so I am out...also look at the resources needed. Was under impression the each challenge was 3 segments but I have 6 that require massive resources. And all this for 21 tokens which equals maybe 5 settlers. I hope mgmt will re-balance requirements because I would like to do the challenges but I am out
    because challenges way to costly for reward offered, to time consuming and parts have requirements that are not possible to complete.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Check out the quests - if the price for completing the quest is worth the XP you get, do it - if not, leave it - doing the ship quests is easy and give good XP - at least at level 68. I intend to look at quests as they come. Maybe do all 6 and get tokens - or just some and only take the XP.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    The three advs all being the same is daft. Weird that there is a problem with getting Storm, it's one of the adv's we have hundreds of (I guess as we run mostly longest adv search). Personally I need 3 Wisdom, which is a pity as I used all mine during the last event and 3rd thief is not being kind. Resource demands do seem a bit high but you can really get stuff moving with the spring park and footie pitch buffs, pity about the cool-down. I don't see the weekly quests being to popular as the resource demand is so high - we probably need improved reservoirs to cope. The idea of just picking up the high XP parts seems to be the best plan.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by polarbarez View Post
    Wow, So disappointed. I was really looking forward to the weekly challenges but my god...same list issue...but I have to do 2 Storm recovery. Storm recovery is impossible to aquire so I am out...also look at the resources needed. Was under impression the each challenge was 3 segments but I have 6 that require massive resources. And all this for 21 tokens which equals maybe 5 settlers. I hope mgmt will re-balance requirements because I would like to do the challenges but I am out
    because challenges way to costly for reward offered, to time consuming and parts have requirements that are not possible to complete.
    21 tokens is enough to upgrade multiple buildings to next level eg. +110 pop to dark castle (cost 14) or +20, +20, +20 pop to three white castles (7 tokens for level 1).

Not sure what level you are on but Storm recovery is a trash adventure that every at higher level has hundreds of.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    storm recovery is not the problem. Besieged and wisdom are the ones that will cause problems. They are both rely on the luck of getting the maps from other adventures. Lots of people do not have all day to play the game so can only do a few adventures a week. The chances of them having the maps to do the quests is very slim.
    In addition the troops that need to be donated and made seem very expensive and the resources we need to produce and give away will quickly deplete peoples stocks so after a few weeks nobody will be doing the quests. Definitely need to look into the requirements and re balance as the ones used have been taken from test where everyone has tons of gems etc to waste.

Half of my guild are already saying they will not bother with them.

Reply to Thread