Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: weekly quests - nature of tasks

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I for one, while agreeing with the general frustration in some respects also recognise to make content for all levels, to be engaging is tough. I have read the design notes from BB_Alex and accept that, sometimes you need to focus on either these, or other content, but you can't have both - these are not meant as simple click throughs and need to be thought about and planned. I won't be doing until i'm lvl 70 as so much else to do, but once I get there... I look forrward to these

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    https://prnt.sc/lm9g8d

Possible issue with Dig 3 in Archaeological Excavation: Guide says dig 3 requires 60 expert archaeology tools but my ship wants 60 Journeyman tools. In dig 2 I sent ship of with 45 journeyman tools and produced 60 expert in expectation.

Feedback for other aspects: I will probably only do this one and kingdom defence then skip the weekly challenges entirely as they have impossible achievements for me not to mention the fact that they are following on from one another and not turning up once a week.

Your asking me to commit resources at a level I can not produce or sustain and to do adv that I will not play for very good reasons, and not just the once but several times. Why not change the adv/scenario to just a single or double but have it as a random one and not the same one multiple times similar to guild quests, linked to players level and abilities.

Also you have asked us to send our exp out on searches, in the dig you want me to do 8 very long treasure searches but it makes more sense to do adv searches as the only way to get the Heart of the wood and riches of the mountain is through adv searches, so if I don't have enough now I'm wasting my time doing irrelevant searches. Structure the searches to help players, the very long is not going to return me any useful resources for the challenge whereas med and long adv searches will give me a shot at finding the scenarios I maybe missing.

Looking forward to some feedback on this.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod- View Post
    https://prnt.sc/lm9g8d

Possible issue with Dig 3 in Archaeological Excavation: Guide says dig 3 requires 60 expert archaeology tools but my ship wants 60 Journeyman tools. In dig 2 I sent ship of with 45 journeyman tools and produced 60 expert in expectation.

I'm guessing by "guide" you mean the information in the wiki, which is
    a) unofficial
    b) based on the test server configuration
    c) definitely incorrect in places, because things change between test and live servers.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yes I was referring to the guide and as far as I have seen it has been accurate. In respect to the 3rd dig they stated expert in guide and provided us the expert in PH so why would the ship want something else.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    probably my biggest issue ... if you have decided to give it a go ..... one section of weekly "challenge" .. you pay hundreds of elite expensive troops .. only to find once you have done it you then get shafted by complete 3 TOW or other adventure you either don't have .. don't have the time for .. nor can find in trade nor have the troops for as you had just used up all your stocks on making hundreds of elite troops to give away for the previous part.. so that bit was not only ridiculously expensive but now a total waste of time. ... end result .. now start of new week .. new pathfinder tasks (I love pathfinder .. my favorite part of the game) .. and cant be bothered... as mentioned on other threads .. this has broken all enthusiasm i had for the game nor can I see ... it getting its mojo back again now.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod- View Post
    Yes I was referring to the guide and as far as I have seen it has been accurate. In respect to the 3rd dig they stated expert in guide and provided us the expert in PH so why would the ship want something else.
    Because for consistency they have 3 different types of each buff in all of the challenges? Neither of the challenges I've had thus far has required me to make all three types. Possibly there are plans for more challenges to expand the current set of 4, which will use the same buffs in different ratios.

The bottom line is that the requirement is what the boat states, and if the Wiki doesn't reflect what is requested, then the wiki is wrong and needs updating.

I made a conscious decision to not start making boat buffs until they were requested - the timescale of producing them as compared to the other production/training requirements meant that a gap between them wouldn't be an issue anyway.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    myself , my husband and daughter have all put up trades for riches of the mountain and heart of the wood and the trades just expire due to no one taking us up on them we have to to do 3 of each!

World
    Sandycove
    Well they have reset (or something) the elements of the weekly quests again. I'm not playing this one because it leads to 3 Treasure of Wisdom and I don't have them. So I'm not playing it at all. But now the ones I wasn't doing are "complete". So every time anything about a quest comes up I'm told "quest complete" and it opens up the quest to delegate hundreds of armored marksmen and other troops for a pathetic amount of exp. It's annoying and I don't intend to do it but it would be so easy to accidentally complete it thinking it was another completed quest.... and I can't cancel it, get rid of it, avoid it, and I will have to be annoyed by it for 3 days. Why can't you cancel these?!?. This is an ongoing series of errors that if it wasn't so bothersome would be comical.
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Don't know if this is a bug or a pity-move, but the first Weekly Challenge says it completed successfully even though I hadn't done the Mission Task (2x Wild Mary). I'd done the rest (including wasting quite a bit of resource on the boat) and it gave me the reward (Lvl52=22k XP and 17 tokens). I didn't even have 2 "Wild Mary" Missions; let alone completed them. (I'm not putting this on the Bug pages because if it is a Bug I don't want them to fix it since that Task requirement is stupid.)

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Weekly challenge. Kingdom Defence.

The huge amount of content added this year is greatly appreciated. Brilliant Thanks.

Just one Request
    Many players don't want the problems and hassle of playing with other players so with the
    Weekly challenge. Kingdom Defence.
    Strategy Exercise.
    Complete 3 x Adventures of the Whirlwind. Could we have a Choice please.
    Thanks Neil666

<Merged>
    Last edited by _Aszbhar; 05.12.18 at 04:18.

Reply to Thread