Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: weekly quests - nature of tasks

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Teardrop46 View Post
    just can't do them as can not get hold of ANY of adventures needed. Gave up putting up trades for Heart of the wood and the other one needed for that quest as need 3 of each. The trades just ran out and the few (4) i have seen up for trade were far too expensive for me for what rewards you get out of them. The Dark Brother hood adventure cost way too much in troops (over 3000) and the rewards are not great as does Tomb Raiders.
    NONE of these adventures are buyable ALL ARE LUCK BASED to get!
    These weekly quests stated NONE of the items would be luck based !!! BUT THEY ARE !!

AS i said before it was a good idea but hopeless for most of us.

You need to take a look at some of the guides out there. Dark brotherhood costs me 460 recruits, I figure if you have been playing continuously since your start date you should be able to get your losses down to about that level.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    You need to take a look at some of the guides out there. Dark brotherhood costs me 460 recruits, I figure if you have been playing continuously since your start date you should be able to get your losses down to about that level.
    Really? That's all your losses? Tell me, please, what you do with the final camp 'cos every guide I've seen has multiple waves and loses a load of cavalry.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    Really? That's all your losses? Tell me, please, what you do with the final camp 'cos every guide I've seen has multiple waves and loses a load of cavalry.
    2x Nus 1 cav, 12x MMA 1 cav, Mad Sci 59 r 1e 155 k
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    hi 5's Doro That's the way to do it

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    or anslem 36r, 2 NUS 1R, 7MMA 1R and calculate the last hit with skilled MG. R losses only
    Last edited by ApostolisM; 01.12.18 at 17:56.

World
    Newfoundland
    Right, so both of those sets of results either depend on waiting for Nusala to recover, or for Nusala to have the 1-up skill. If I've got all the way to the final camp and invited people to lootspots, I really don't want to then wait an hour or more - and no, I don't have 1-up on Nusala.

World
    Newfoundland
    Then I'm afraid without 1-up you cannot have both speed and small losses of troops...

Depending on how your gens are skilled, you can either choose to go for the quick way but loose cavs (is it really that bad to lose cavs?) or soften the last tower, wait for your Nus to recover, then invite lootspots before hitting the final attack. In the latter case only you would have to wait a mere couple of hours, not your lootspotters.
    I know of many players who start an adventure either in the morning and finish it in the evening when home, or even start it one evening and finish it the following evening. So what? This game is played over many years and the adventure doesn't expire before many days so where's the rush?

Or you can also reskill your Nus of course.

Settlers is all about balancing stuff out, be it prod or skills, and make do with the limitations of both the game and our choices.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    Then I'm afraid without 1-up you cannot have both speed and small losses of troops...

Settlers is all about balancing stuff out, be it prod or skills, and make do with the limitations of both the game and our choices.
    I absolutely agree with you, that's a key part of the pleasure (and challenge) of the game.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmeister View Post
    Right, so both of those sets of results either depend on waiting for Nusala to recover, or for Nusala to have the 1-up skill. If I've got all the way to the final camp and invited people to lootspots, I really don't want to then wait an hour or more - and no, I don't have 1-up on Nusala.
    1 nusala sac = 2-3 MMA sacs, depending on how hard the non-master planner nusala hits.
    If you got master planner nusala, just get a 2 mmas more and skill them with 1-Up to replace the second hit from a 1-up nusala.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    I'm using MMA suiciders a lot in MCC for killing units with flanking. I'm doing one venture for 2-3 days, but loss of troopers is verry low.

Reply to Thread