Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buffed buildings highlighted after being buffed

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle

Buffed buildings highlighted after being buffed

When entering a zone ( own for friend island ) and activating a buff ( basket, feast etc.... ) buildings that can be buffed are highlighted as before.

When buffing a building highlight is 'turned off' - untill buff is activated, then it is highlighted again if buff is still selected.

Result is that all buildings that can be buffed with selected buff and was not already buffed when entering zone are highlighed - both newly buffed or unbuffed.

If leaving zone and returning buffed building shows correctly.

I think it is a bug - but maybe just another unannounced feature to make buffing harder.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    dtto. Vote for bug.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    same here and also on many of my guild members

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Has been the same for me since yesterday - given the daily challenges require 75 grilled steak every day, it is getting really confusing as to what is already buffed

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Just to add more info - I'm seeing the same problem but also another one. I'd buffed a lot of buildings with sandwiches to tide me over before buffing with steaks to sync a lot of buildings. Came back 2 hrs later and the sandwich buffs had 2 mins to run. Watch the buffs run out then select steaks - the buildings that the buffs ran out on didn't highlight and I couldn't buff them - even if I clicked on them the buff wouldn't drop.

All other unbuffed buildings highlighted ok but not the ones the buffs had run out on. I've never had to wait any longer than the time it takes for buffs to run out before. Not sure how long I would've had to wait for before they would've highlighted properly. I waited another min or 2 then got bored and changed zone. Once I returned to my island I could buff as normal. I wonder what else BB have broken in this latest update :-(

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Visited german forum - there a BB answered and said they were aware of the highlight problem.
    Looks as if the problem is that buildings do not fully upgrade status while you are on island - same as when visiting someone and buildings that are building will not change completion status.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quick workaround: switch to another buff
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Sandycove
    Most of my 'regular' buffs I do myself, and I'm seeing this too. I've found that if you know it's not buffed you can still move the cursor over it until you see it's name and then place the buff and it will kick in. So the buff can be placed but is still terribly confusing.

But this is just another in a long list of horrible performance issues that just keep increasing. Having to send explorers/geologists multiple times before they actually go, starting something building in a provision building but then the display shows nothing until you wait 10 minutes and come back and like magic it finally appeared, then if a "new quest" is on it's way in this will blow away any action you have taken and is still in the buffer so you will have to do them again.

I clear both browser and Flash cache and refresh so often now it's getting absurd.

Another graphics glitch on buffs is just par for the course now. I can't believe they aren't embarrassed by these ongoing/increasing flaws and expect yet more $ spent
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

Keen Commentor
    World
    Newfoundland
    "When buffing a building highlight is 'turned off' - untill buff is activated, then it is highlighted again if buff is still selected."

Apologies for ignorance but how do you 'turn it off'

Forum Explorer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by cat_flap View Post
    "When buffing a building highlight is 'turned off' - untill buff is activated, then it is highlighted again if buff is still selected."

Apologies for ignorance but how do you 'turn it off'
    Is 'it changes from highlighted to not highlighted' better ?

Reply to Thread