Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The straw that broke the camels back – The reason why I have decided to stop playing

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Understand your frustration but you could trade coal in? One of the key points of the game for me is like any economy, you can focus on over production of certain elements to then trade for those resources you are short of? Like you i've done about 15 MCC chains, am running plat creation in the epic forge and have a coal defeict of 100k a day so i take the view, i will never balance coal. I guess if that is not your playing style or desire then fair enough , fully respect your decision

As for the weekly training, did one, wont ever do another one - utterly pointless

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Veteran players often tend not to buy gems anymore as gem pits kick in/pay up enough to not need to buy anymore. This is just BB's way of getting those players buying again, cant begrudge them that.

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Sorry to see you go Bodders, afraid you wont be the last this week

As I have written too many times over the last 12 to 18 months the game has been losing its way with increasing event rewards, buildings that dont fit the settlers genre, quests that make no sense, quests that are impossible for the level they are aimed at.........

Will BB listen to the latest outrage or is the reality that BB are dragging the last pennies, cents or whatever from their Customers before pulling the plug

If there is any BB employee reading this then please start listening to the players (of all levels and playing styles) and you will still find ways to keep the money rolling in and getting new players on board. Let us have the basics sorted, bugs removed and fun replaced before we continue introducing even more new buildings costing too much, new islands that are not worth what has to be paid, quests that impossible to achieve at the level they are placed at, cost increases in game without warning.......

Good business is made on good foundation and good customer relations, BB please note you are destroying both.

I am a Settlers junky but now find myself looking for a new game and should a AoE or such come on line with the game play this game used to offer then maybe my dedication and purse strings can be pulled away too.

Just in case others are not aware the same bad feelings about the game are also seen on the German Server forums and if this doesn't wake them up in Dusseldorf then yes the writing is on the wall. That said I am off to play......oh I cant there is a hotfix going on

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well said, all the best.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    I must admit that the recent changes if anything have had the opposite effect that BB may have wanted. The acts of trying to force people to use Gems simply makes me more determined not to purchase them. I have enjoyed playing the game for years and although I probably will continue but that engagement may reduce. The enjoyment is simply not there and everything seems to push more to Gem purchases and not actually fixing core issues with the game.

The default mode is new feature \ event etc followed by additional a maintenance slot to fix the things the new features break. Flood your island with lots of buildings where 1 would work and upgrade it all to push for a need for more space and the cost to buy more land with gems. All in all, it leaves a bitter taste to getting something new and more and more players will go. I too keep an eye out for something new that may take my time from here.

All that said BB need to make cash to keep the game going but there is a fine line between making cash and your customer base feeling ripped off.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Just on the emotional side, all this mess, lack of thinking on developers side, justified negative reactions of players etc. makes me feel like the game is likely to collapse and close down shortly cause it all suggests that the developers are desperate and have no clue what they are doing. Which makes me even less interested in putting any effort or money into the game. Even though I see some structure behind the development, their lack of quality put into the game negates the positives aspects I could see. Make me want to say "I see where you're going, but please, BB, get some managers/developers who can do the job, not these half-educated game spoilers". Anyway, not leaving yet. Will see where this all goes. I think I've learned from previous involvements that at the end of the day BB will do whatever they want anyway.
    Last edited by Norton_C; 22.11.18 at 14:55.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BoddingtonUK View Post
    The Epic Forge uses up so much Coal
    I do find myself wondering why you need coal when the Epic Forge is built on a volcano, one would expect the constant supply of natural heat would negate the need for coal.......

Brotherjon
    Quote Originally Posted by Skridoo View Post
    I do find myself wondering why you need coal when the Epic Forge is built on a volcano, one would expect the constant supply of natural heat would negate the need for coal.......
    Huh, yeah never really thought about it but very good point!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Aww Bod babes, you're leaving me...

I know what you mean about the cost of such... been stuck on L59 for so long. Not enough time in my day to be on it all the time. For me right now is the cost of ls and other things (island purchase)... seems people only out for themselves and make some money. BB pushing the gem market, I have another 145 days on premium and after that I think I will also be looking for something new. You have my email babes keep in touch.

And give that fur-ball puppy a squeeze!

Chelsea xxx

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    you spot on pal bb and ruining the game now

Closed Thread