Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The straw that broke the camels back – The reason why I have decided to stop playing

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Why would anyone want to produce everything ???
    Why would anyone want to run the Epic Forge permenently??? (and thus need that much coal)

If we had a huge island, as you seem to want, then anyone could just mechanically place all the buildings, produce everything and in huge quantities, BUT that wouldnt really require big effort(or skills), right?

The point of the game is, i think, to succeed within the limitations we have, no?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    It is great to see the last few posts missing my point.
    It isn’t that I necessarily want larger space, it is that the game has evolved so that all the work done to maximise space is now redundant.
    To be able to add new buildings we are having to demolish our infrastructure.
    The new features do not take the historic balance of the game and are now all about draining you of resources, or getting players to pay money to keep up.
    They shouldn’t be bringing in all new features that the islands are not big enough to sustain.
    They have clearly gone down this route to make those players who want to do these features, have to buy the new islands.
    Everything now is about sacrificing resources or not being able to get enough event items to buy what they want.
    I was simply saying that given the route the developers have chosen to go down, it seems a little bit of a coincidence that it happened after they introduced more space that is only available for gems.
    I am aware of many players who are now paying money in events to buy gems in order to buy pumpkins/presents from the merchant as they know that in order to get everything they want isn’t possible now the pumpkins/present requirements are doubled, yet the in game ability to get them remains the same.
    Like I said before, I don’t have to do these new features, but for me if I don’t then there is little left in the game but daily chores.
    This is no longer my game, I have left – I was making the suggestions in the hope that developers would understand how their new model is driving players away. (Incidentally I have never known so many players leave a game that is a part of their everyday life as this game at this moment in time.)
    My point in this post is as a parting farewell, that developers listen to feedback so that the game does not continue in the same direction, for all the loyal friends I have still playing the game.

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Nice to see you back - what changed your mind?

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    I am just trading over the event to get the market and to help guildies - i am not doing adv and my production is still on hold.
    I am hoping in the future the game changes from all about getting players to buy gems and i would be happy to play again if it becomes fun again.
    I have really enjoyed my free time from spending hours doing daily buffing and chores and have decided not to play another game.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I feel like its always been like this. I've spent in the past, and regretted it because of the huge cost.
    I'm normally happy to support the game I play but premium feels worthless as I got bored of grinding the same adventures over and over, and buying items for gems is prohibitively expensive - for the price of an Endless Copper Mine, I can go and buy a copy of Assassin's Creed Odyssey Deluxe Edition! The maths just doesn't add up for me, so my cash goes elsewhere.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by alakama789 View Post
    Why would anyone want to produce everything ???
    Why would anyone want to run the Epic Forge permenently??? (and thus need that much coal)

If we had a huge island, as you seem to want, then anyone could just mechanically place all the buildings, produce everything and in huge quantities, BUT that wouldnt really require big effort(or skills), right?

The point of the game is, i think, to succeed within the limitations we have, no?
    I produce everything and in excess. It is all about sorting the game economy efficiently. I make enough excess to sell tons in events for event items. Confuses me how people cannot all do it.

As to why, it means I am not reliant on trade for any item. And can gain from those with focussed economies who need to buy my water, coal, meat etc, oh and now fish - loving the new buff some are making, price of fish has rocketed.
    Last edited by lordloocan1; 12.12.18 at 22:41. Reason: Typo

Brotherjon
    There is no right or wrong way to play the game, it’s down to your own interpretation of how to play. Some enjoy making a balanced economy that works without needing to import goods to keep it going, while others at the other end of the spectrum do lots of adventures, sell the loot and buy everything they need from trade. Personally, I buy in coal and some other low cost goods, but also supliment with my own production of these low cost items. Yes, fish and coal price has risen lately, but I would argue you can make much more money from making intermediate or final goods, even with buying in the coal and fish in the first place.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Its weird how you say you don't play and are just helping friends with event stuff but have bought the gift christmas tree ,imp floaters and cyclers and also cleared a spot for the market lol

Nifty
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by cheethamhill View Post
    Its weird how you say you don't play and are just helping friends with event stuff but have bought the gift christmas tree ,imp floaters and cyclers and also cleared a spot for the market lol
    I had cleared the area for the market before i quit, and mentioned in an earlier post i was trading to get the market and event items during the event in case i ever return to the game.
    I am not doing adv and my production is still on hold.
    My guildies are my friends in real life too and I dont see anything wrong with spending 10 minutes (twice a day) putting barazek buffs on for them and trading to build up excess presents to help them out now i have bought everything - so far i have accumulated 5k presents to help guildies get what they want and plant to get plenty more.
    I will be leaving the game after the event again, i hope that is OK by you.
    All the best
    Bodds
    Last edited by BoddingtonUK; 21.12.18 at 14:38.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Apparently camel can survive a long time with broken back.

Closed Thread