Reply to Thread

Thread: Tokens to upgrade prod buildings to lvl7

World
    Newfoundland

Tokens to upgrade prod buildings to lvl7

Hi,

A new currency, tokens, has been introduced with the weekly challenges in order to upgrade pop buildings which are otherwise not upgradeable.
    Already upgradeable buildings use logically existing resources. So far, so good.

Yet, for various reasons, it seems that the majority of players won't be trying weekly challenges in a long while again.
    There are pros and cons about those challenges and some find the cons outragesouly outweighing the pros.

One way to perhaps interest those who already have a really decent amount of pop and who do not see it as beneficial to part with extraordinary amount of resources to only gain a relatively small amount of extra pop, would be to use those tokens in order to upgrade prod buildings to level 7 (and beyond)?
    That could make those tokens a lot more coveted and tip the balance in favour of the weekly challenges.

World
    Newfoundland
    Seems a decent idea to upgrade to 7 to keep up with outrageous demands of WC.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Lvl 7 will only increase your production by 16%. I don't know if the tokens are worth it.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    It is obvious Elco that BB are trying to change the game-play by having multiple buildings instead of upgrades with ultimate goal players to fill their islands to the max and seek for ways to free space... and seems BB relay on the idea players will pay gems for that... So in my view your idea is not going to be implemented... ever
    I can say that i have balanced (in my views) island and I don't have everything upgraded to level 6. So level 7 buildings are not even in my wish list

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Budgy View Post
    Lvl 7 will only increase your production by 16%. I don't know if the tokens are worth it.
    With all due respect, you are only presuming here...

Should this suggestion find a pair of listening ears in BB's HQ, they would hopefully consider that by offering only a low level of prod increase, it wouldn't motivate players enough to have a go on a more or less regular basis at weekly challenges.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuiry View Post
    It is obvious Elco that BB are trying to change the game-play by having multiple buildings instead of upgrades with ultimate goal players to fill their islands to the max and seek for ways to free space... and seems BB relay on the idea players will pay gems for that... So in my view your idea is not going to be implemented... ever
    I can say that i have balanced (in my views) island and I don't have everything upgraded to level 6. So level 7 buildings are not even in my wish list
    But what do you think of the idea in its self? I think Elco is asking for our own opinions on the idea, not what players think BB are thinking. As for me, the idea of using the tokens for other upgrades could be a good idea. When or if a player has upgraded all their pop buildings then the tokens would become unusable. So having another use for them might be a good idea.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I also had been thinking which buildings could we also use tokens on, so far I've come up with 2. RPH and TO with my thinking on TO being longer trade slots.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    I also had been thinking which buildings could we also use tokens on, so far I've come up with 2. RPH and TO with my thinking on TO being longer trade slots.
    If you're looking for a way that token use can be expanded, I agree it might work, but I think buildings which already have an upgrade path are best left token-free, and just add extra levels with ever escalating resource costs, in keeping with current upgrades.
    Last edited by Wulfmeister; 24.11.18 at 13:55.

Reply to Thread