Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: to all those quitting

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post
    BB_Alex said on the test forums that they may consider using adobe AIR since that's the only path they have where the current developers are not too badly effected.
    BB_Alex says a lot of things but are these personal opinions, as per the weekly challenges nonsense, or informed insights? Just a shame no-one from BB is conveying a clear message to the players, many of whom spend cash to buy gems which keeps the devs employed longer term. It is this lack of two way conversation which is pushing players away. Recent BB's had their short-comings but at least they talked to the customers.

So, is the game closing in September 2019 when the new settlers game is launched (Oh didn't know about that one did we?), in 2020 when flash dies, or will it outlive both of these events? Come on BB let us know, after all players are merrily buying gems and using them to buy gem pits...are they guaranteed a year's output?

PS I play several other flash games and every one of them has trialled a html version of their game.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    So, is the game closing in September 2019 when the new settlers game is launched (Oh didn't know about that one did we?)
    That new game has nothing to do with TSO as it's mainly a single player game with limited multiplayer features as in no persistent world. In fact it would be the opposite if the same teams would be involved as they would have been super busy past months/years to hit the deadline and TSO would have been a side project with little to no updates.. but we have seen the opposite of it as there has been more features added and more events held than ever before.

However people already have troubles logging in with various browsers and early 2020 it will be impossible to use some browsers at all. BB said no to HTML 5 so their only option is a downloadable game, either the existing slim browser or some other app. I don't think all users will transition to such things so the userbase will get even smaller.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by lordloocan View Post
    BB_Alex says a lot of things but are these personal opinions, as per the weekly challenges nonsense, or informed insights? Just a shame no-one from BB is conveying a clear message to the players, many of whom spend cash to buy gems which keeps the devs employed longer term. It is this lack of two way conversation which is pushing players away. Recent BB's had their short-comings but at least they talked to the customers.

So, is the game closing in September 2019 when the new settlers game is launched (Oh didn't know about that one did we?), in 2020 when flash dies, or will it outlive both of these events? Come on BB let us know, after all players are merrily buying gems and using them to buy gem pits...are they guaranteed a year's output?

PS I play several other flash games and every one of them has trialled a html version of their game.
    The tone of what BB_Alex said about the weeklies was one of here is how it is and it's set in stone, like it or lump it. It was not one of somebody offering a personal opinion,it was one of my ball, my rules.

Yes we did know about the new game, it was mentioned in global approx 6 weeks ago and you have previously mentioned it. As for flash it's so case of the final version arrives in 2020 after which Adobe cease work on it. it's like Microsoft abandoned all work on XP years ago and yet for good reasons business's are still using XP based systems, guess what they can't use the latter versions of chrome etc so maybe picking up a ex-business PC for a pittance to play the game might be a idea, my last one of those lasted me quite some years.

That some have trailled a transition from flash is encouraging, it shows that it can be done but it does not say what any platform any particular flash game will be running on be it html5, air or other.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    In fact it would be the opposite if the same teams would be involved as they would have been super busy past months/years to hit the deadline and TSO would have been a side project with little to no updates.. but we have seen the opposite of it as there has been more features added and more events held than ever before.
    More features and more events does not necesarily mean more work being done. I would argue that introducing another geologist or explorer is not something that would tie all the teams resources for weeks at a time, more like something you could spend an afternoon on (apart from maybe the graphic design).

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkz View Post
    More features and more events does not necesarily mean more work being done. I would argue that introducing another geologist or explorer is not something that would tie all the teams resources for weeks at a time, more like something you could spend an afternoon on (apart from maybe the graphic design).
    Of course it does mean more work is done and its not even a single person but multiple from artists, narrators, qa, translators to design and coding team. I was not also thinking just a new geo or explorer but past year we have had thing like mcc, weeklies, in game guild market vote, improved mail, island expansions, anniversary event, etc. not forgetting the old events get a lot more offerings plus all the mini stuff in between.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Of course it does mean more work is done and its not even a single person but multiple from artists, narrators, qa, translators to design and coding team. I was not also thinking just a new geo or explorer but past year we have had thing like mcc, weeklies, in game guild market vote, improved mail, island expansions, anniversary event, etc. not forgetting the old events get a lot more offerings plus all the mini stuff in between.
    I doubt that.You might be right regarding mcc,guild market vote & improved mail system.

But: the majority of the new stuff is designed to generate revenues... Let it be the training grounds,the scouting post,the events (demanding more & more if you want a lot of event-stuff...) and let´s not forget the "weeklies" and the kill buffs for gems...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by bfl72 View Post
    I doubt that.You might be right regarding mcc,guild market vote & improved mail system.

But: the majority of the new stuff is designed to generate revenues... Let it be the training grounds,the scouting post,the events (demanding more & more if you want a lot of event-stuff...) and let´s not forget the "weeklies" and the kill buffs for gems...

Yeah I never said anything it not being about profits as of course it is. If you look at what I originally replied to it was about the game closing down in September which would make no sense related to new game or the pace of the new additions.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yeah I never said anything it not being about profits as of course it is. If you look at what I originally replied to it was about the game closing down in September which would make no sense related to new game or the pace of the new additions.
    exactly what i think
    as they wouldn't add new stuff if closing the game anyways

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    there is no work round for flash. its either change the programing to webassembly or the game closes.
    Dont even think flash will last till the end of 2020 as microsoft and mac have both saiid they will remove flash in an update from every system before adobe removes flash.

BB say use slim browser to get round the flash problem. But slim browser is just chrome with no security on it all but even that is switching to webassembly.

As far as i can see webassembly is replacing flash, JAVA and HTML5.

As its not a plugin like flash it wont crash. Its actualy programmed into the browser itself and all browsers will be switching to it.
    So far Edge, firefox and chrome have already switched to webassembly and its not compatable with flash, Hence why so many r having probs with games and websites still using flash.

Flash is a major security risk which is why its getting removed. JAVA is even worse than flash. So webassembly is designed to get rid of flash and JAVA. But webassembly still uses the JAVA coding.

From what i read about it its just a case of adding a bit of code into the browser to get games running on it. But the devs will have to do that. think BB need to contact the webassembly devs to find out how to swith too it too see if its a viable option to flash. Either that or the game closes.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Just ignore the 'way out expensive' parts

Rewards are just for upgrading pop limit which shouldn't be a problem anyways

Reply to Thread