Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes: Weekly Challenges

qawpaw
    Exactly, i played the first before they hotfixed. and will only play those witch i feel playing, and i think so to ,the xp is very good.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Northisle
    probably my biggest issue ... if you have decided to give it a go ..... one section of weekly "challenge" .. you pay hundreds of elite expensive troops .. only to find once you have done it you then get shafted by complete 3 TOW or other adventure you either don't have .. don't have the time for .. nor can find in trade nor have the troops for as you had just used up all your stocks on making hundreds of elite troops to give away for the previous part.. so that bit was not only ridiculously expensive but now a total waste of time. ... end result .. now start of new week .. new pathfinder tasks (I love pathfinder .. my favorite part of the game) .. and cant be bothered... as mentioned on other threads .. this has broken all enthusiasm i had for the game nor can I see ... it getting its mojo back again now.

(... feel free to ban me for language used above .. don't care anymore.)

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydiddy View Post
    probably my biggest issue ... if you have decided to give it a go ..... one section of weekly "challenge" .. you pay hundreds of elite expensive troops .. only to find once you have done it you then get shafted by complete 3 TOW or other adventure you either don't have .. don't have the time for .. nor can find in trade nor have the troops for as you had just used up all your stocks on making hundreds of elite troops to give away for the previous part.. so that bit was not only ridiculously expensive but now a total waste of time. ... end result .. now start of new week .. new pathfinder tasks (I love pathfinder .. my favorite part of the game) .. and cant be bothered... as mentioned on other threads .. this has broken all enthusiasm i had for the game nor can I see ... it getting its mojo back again now.

(... feel free to ban me for language used above .. don't care anymore.)
    How many threads are you going to paste this into?

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by qawpaw View Post
    the xp is very good.
    Is it though? 56-65 bracket id say its overall below expected.
    Specifically the train and delegate quests. Id say these should be at least double the current xp. Ship and produce/pay quests are ok. Adventure and main could be more.

It would help if BB told what % of total reward they value the tokens at. If I had to guess they are at 33% tokens 67% xp. I currently see it more like 20% tokens 60% xp. 20% of value is missing. I think BB overvalues tokens (specially since tokens are lost when demolishing building) and suggest to fill the missing 20% mostly with tokens and rest double the xp for train/delegate quest.
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Few notes:
    "First of all, I do not plan to remove the time challenge by removing adventures from them or drastically reduce the amount of resources asked."
    I think this quote means, that we will have to complete SOME adventures for the quest, but probably the list of advs will change (for example instead of WW we can do adv X). And this is fine for me.
    I don't mind that we are asked for a lot of resources to pay in, I already have millions in star (and I'm playing for 7 month with the game, not years).
    To produce thoose asked reasources: it does not cost a lot of play-time from my part, so that's fine. However, to be forced to play shitty, and long advs (WW) is not fine.

Proposal to devs: if you really want us to play coop advs, develop some new, higher-difficulty coop maps, which probably require elite troops, and are relatively fast to play, as play-time is probably the most valuable "resource". (This is not my idea, read somewhere, and find it a really useful one.)

I don't find it to be luck-based to have to make 3 TOW-s, you can buy thoose advs on TO. Probably the price will go up, but it's a balancing issue, devs can increase the drop rate of TOW from thief advs, so the price will remain reasonable. To introduce YWC for map parts: it's great news for me with only the basic explorers :-)

One more note: tokens should be refunded when destroying a building. I don't understand why it's not the case: the current way of it only will make some player really annoyed, and does not give any positive contribution.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    was good until today, when about an hour away to finish my last adventure for the challenge... gone to maintenance

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    815 swordsman 295MM and then just delegate them? its suppose to be some kind of joke? when and where im suppose to make units for adies? Pls use more common sense to motivate poeple not to discourage them from playing. btw im lvl 73 on Sandycove server and lvl75 on CZ server....forget then about MCC addies...

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanzenon View Post
    815 swordsman 295MM and then just delegate them? its suppose to be some kind of joke? when and where im suppose to make units for adies? Pls use more common sense to motivate poeple not to discourage them from playing. btw im lvl 73 on Sandycove server and lvl75 on CZ server....forget then about MCC addies...
    I'm below your level but it only takes me roughly 12-14 hours to make those troops with buffs so if you aim to complete one chain per week it should not cause any issues to adventures. It's optional content so you either delegate the troops or use the resources on something else you value more.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by DNscoons View Post
    Proposal to devs: if you really want us to play coop advs, develop some new, higher-difficulty coop maps, which probably require elite troops, and are relatively fast to play, as play-time is probably the most valuable "resource". (This is not my idea, read somewhere, and find it a really useful one.)
    The problem with coops is not that there arent enough of high level ones, its the fact that they are coops.

This is the only type of adventures that literally forces you to depend on other players undertaking actions, while not bringing any kind of added value coming from that forced cooperation.

This can be to a certain degree mitigated by the rewards being over the top, but going too far with the rewards is something we know BB is not happy doing, and if they do so accidentally, they're more likely to "fix" it than keep it. Never really paid much attention to the subject but I believe the drop from some of the coops was already nerfed.

Another thing is that the game is at the stage where there is really few rewards left that hold any value to people, meaning that introducing adventures that handicap you right away and only give resources in return will not make them attractive (as people already have the resources in question, literally millions of them).

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    If you run once a week,,,

Reply to Thread