Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes: Weekly Challenges

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    The "Weekly Challenge" is just a mess. "They" use significant volume of resources without any benefit of return on completion. If one does an adventure, there is always some return of resources, generally commensurate with the difficulty and resource use.
    The "Weekly Challenge" needs to be rethought. Perhaps the challenge could be designed to require a player to complete a number of adventures, from a list if desired, and gain extra XP upon completion.
    The XP gained from the present situation is good, but the resources used are not replaced, for example, at lever 56, one does not mine saltpeter nor Titanium, but use of these resources is necessary, requiring acquisition from the Trade, which may not be an advantageous thing.
    Hubertxiv

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    I don't have a problem with the weekly challenges but having to do of the same adventure numerous times is a real pain - like others have said having a choice of what adventures to do would be far better.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    It's a bit off topic since this thread is about the weekly challenges, but since it is being discussed I might as well give my opinion.

I was fine with weapons being removed from adventure loot since it made half the buildings useful. There are still some people who saw this as a bad thing so you can never please everyone.

I would support a change to star storage too since it does seem a bit silly to have infinite storage. But it does need to be done the right way, you can't just have every ones hard earned resources vanish or decrease/rot away.

My suggestion would be to cap star storage at something like double your normal storage capacity, anything over that stays in place but you are unable to add more to the star menu until it is back below the cap.

This would probably destroy prices for stuff like coal/fish, but funnily enough there are a lot of players struggling to get enough coal/fish due to stuff like new buffs or the epic forge. It would certainly increase the amount of trade occurring if half the players were not just keeping billions of resources locked away in their star menus.

Something would also need to be done to prevent the star storage just being shifted to mail storage.

Regarding the weekly, you do get quite a bit of time to finish it, my suggestions for that would be:
    1) Adjust adventure requirements somehow, either by providing some choice in which adventures you need to do, or making all adventures available for map fragments so there is no reliance on random adventure drops.
    2) Slightly reduce the amount of elite troops needed. There needs to be a sensible cap on how long a quest can occupy your elite barracks for.
    3) Make it so you only need to delegate troops and not train them, this way you can use troops produced in advance.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotugo View Post

My suggestion would be to cap star storage at something like double your normal storage capacity, anything over that stays in place but you are unable to add more to the star menu until it is back below the cap.
    Alongside this, there could be a simple maintenance task which automatically move 1% say, of each star resource into main storage. Ultimately, this would have the long-term effect of eliminating star storage while also potentially reducing the production of excess resources because main storage is at capacity. Both would have the long-term effect of reducing the surplus resources.

As for mail storage of resources, if declined trade mails were subject to expiry in the same way as buff and battle mails, it would force better storage management. If there isn't enough space for the goods from the mail to be put into main/star storage, they are lost. It would close the loophole that people (and I include myself) have exploited for years.

Of course, if they were to put the spacious storehouse into the merchant, that would help a lot too.

Of course, the upgrade mechanism would need to be adjusted.
    Last edited by Wulfmeister; 27.11.18 at 16:14.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebloom View Post
    Ok Here goes my 2 cent worth and most people may not agree with it But its my opinion (Im level 74 struggling to gain xp )

I have loved settlers since I began playing the game. The game did need something new. I think I was on the point of quitting. I looked forward to the weekly challenges as did so many others. I find them an absolutely brilliant addition to the game. I know some say they are too time consuming or costly or this or that... But thats what they are additional challenges that you dont have to do if you dont want. Its like PVP many hate that.. some love it. So some do it some dont. Options are just that Options.

Now for the negatives. there really should not be adventures that are impossible to get. I dont mind co-ops being there as it forces people to play together to get the quests done. Just dont have adventures that are random Im not talking about wisdoms or first thief they do drop from adventures that we do relatively frequemtly depending on level. Im talking about ones not available in merchant and which explorers have only a very slight chance of finding Ones like heart of the wood etc.
    Also as Storm recovery is so costly and one wrong move means you fail on it I dont believe that it is a good choice. maybe doing 1 would be ok But 3 ... ouch

Next the upgraded Buildings should show some change so that at least we see some progress or benefit from the huge amount of hard work it takes to get them upgraded. It would also be good if the tokens that are used in upgrading a building would return to star if that building was to be demolished (needs change)

The delegation of troops is again one of the things that people have to do to complete these quests. While i am not totally against this as it is also optional I do feel that the figures are far too high. Trying to get the elite adventures done is hard so having to make and delegate 800 swordmen and 295 mm is a pretty rough addition I would seriously ask that this be reduced to a more reasonable figure.

Overall I think this is a positive addition Just a few tweaks and it will be even better
    nicely said....

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    lvl 51

Architectural Inspiration is asking me to do 4 x Adv search (long). Problem is that on my level they are not available (unlocked).. yet.
    How I am suppose to finish this challenge?
    I cannot overcome this one...
    Hello.. someone asleep at the wheel...
    Joke...

World
    Sandycove
    Is the fact that some players have millions of resources in their star `unofficial' storage a problem for players? I'm sorry but I don't see it. Those players have played the game, done adventures and traded using the TO, they have not stolen them they have earned them fairly using the mechanics of the game, Good luck to them I say.
    The only person that I can see having a problem is the Dev that's trying ( In vain IMO ) to rectify what they have a problem with in a very old game fault which has run through out a very long running game.
    Now is not the time to be trying to fix these non existing problems, now is the time to fix bugs and concentrate on producing new content that returns the game to an interesting pastime to spend some free time on.
    With a history of not understanding the word `balance' in this game, I have to now add that the Devs, or should that be Dev? have little grasp of the meaning of the word challenge. How they ever thought that by combining the two they were on to a winner once again beggars my belief!
    I would of thought by now BB_Alex would have been aware that the majority of players who are voicing an opinion are indicating his version of these weekly challenges need a rework. However, if as has previously been the case BB are of the opinion that to ignore the negative feedback and just leave those `mistakes' cluttering up the game under the caveat that they `are optional'. I'm afraid that I too will be shutting down my island once I've refilled my iron ore to max storage, as like Bodd's this attitude from the Devs has been cumulative over the years and returning to that same attitude from a few years back I no longer want to endure it anymore.
    I repeat I want to have FUN and BB_Alex you can do your own CHORES.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by FROPO View Post
    lvl 51

Architectural Inspiration is asking me to do 4 x Adv search (long). Problem is that on my level they are not available (unlocked).. yet.
    How I am suppose to finish this challenge?
    I cannot overcome this one...
    Hello.. someone asleep at the wheel...
    Joke...
    Long adventure searches are available from level 42

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Need 3 heart of the wood and 3 mountain Riches for Weekly challenge. Nowhere to get them or for a very high price now. Can't you make these scenarios more easy to find. Heart of the wood only 1% chance on medium adv search so need to send about 300 explorers on medium search to get these. so can't make it work in one week.
    I agree that the time needed to complete is fair, but than you also need to be able to get the adv. you need to do.

Town Councillor
    World
    Sandycove
    Nice challenge to get all those adventures. Now it makes sense. Kind of starting to like it even more. At least BB_Alex description of purpose and intention seems to fit incredibly well. Needs some preparation, and is not supposed to be played weekly ......... yay, that little cheeky devil was right.

Reply to Thread