Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Dev Notes: Weekly Challenges

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    From the perspective of a lvl 66 player:

Town Construction is fine just as it is. Doing 1 Sinbad and the besieged city is not a problem.

There is no way I will ever complete Archaelogical excavation again. Doing Storm Recovery 3 times costs just too much grout for me, it will take me months to gather enough, between upgrading buildings I want to upgrade. Not happy with this one.

Epidemic is another one I will never bother with. Having to do Ali Baba and the treasure of wisdom 3 times is just too much, getting this adventure is much too difficult, as you can only get it from and adventure that you only can get from another adventure before that. Not happy with this one either.

I will never do Kingdom Defence either. Having to do a coop adventure that requires 4 players 3 times is just too much. Not happy with this one.

All in all the weekly challenges are a good idea, but some of the choices made here are really bad.

Please think about changing some of the tasks we have to do, to make it better and more fun.
    I agree with most of this. The challenges require more time than I'm usually able to spend actively playing the game, and I cant see how I'll be able to do anything else in the game, like Mountain clan or expeditions. For some small guilds like mine a single 4 player co-op adventure is nearly impossible to do. I do love the idea but I will prolly skip most of these challenges sadly, unless they change.

World
    Sandycove
    all due respect to Acadma - you should not be feeling our wrath

Devs - you ask for feedback, you get it, you ignore it... Serves you right - BB Alex smug git

It then leaves Acadma et al to take the flak, not fair. Acadma has served us well

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    From the perspective of s lvl 70 player:

I will never do any of those "weekly" challenges. You ask me why? Ok, because:

1. The resources I'm asked to produce and then donate double amount don't worth the hilarious experience i get. (In other words someone though of making resources sink in the game but got way too greedy).

2. At current resources demand even if someone do them weekly they will soon run out of resources and those who didn't stop at 1st weekly will be forced to stop due lack of resources.

3. The adventures from the "list"... hm list suggests options/choce and not do adv X 3 times... Any adventure that is not available for map fragments is based on LUCK that u already have it/will get during the given time..(Very contradictory to the statement in the dev diary).

4. Every high lvl player already had enough population so asking them to pay arm and leg for mere 25 tokens is funny. If I sell all those resources you want me to donate I can buy a 140 pop building - immediate population increase!

5. Asking players to train and than donate elite troops?! Why on Earth? With that army i can do several arabian adventures and get much more experience, not to mention that the elite barracks will not work in VAIN for 12-24 hours with valuable buffs!

My frustration has faded away already - I'm just ignoring those weekly "challenges" (i would say robberies) from now on unless something changes very considerably.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Complete 2 storm recovery... never have enough grout....
    Complete 2 Ali Baba and the second Thief......
    Complete 3 Ali Baba and the first Thief......

I accept that these are challenges, and should be a challenge to complete, but all of the above rely on extensive adventuring on other advs to either get the grout OR get the adv itself...

The only thing i'd change is the choice of advs available.....

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    "First of all, I do not plan to remove the time challenge by removing adventures from them or drastically reduce the amount of resources asked". that is a direct quote from you !! The main problems we have with the challenges are the ones you "will not" change, so therefore it makes any discussion meaningless. If we (developers and player) are looking long term with regard to the game then there needs to be willingness to adapt with those who on the ground actually play the game.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterton View Post
    "First of all, I do not plan to remove the time challenge by removing adventures from them or drastically reduce the amount of resources asked". that is a direct quote from you !! The main problems we have with the challenges are the ones you "will not" change, so therefore it makes any discussion meaningless. If we (developers and player) are looking long term with regard to the game then there needs to be willingness to adapt with those who on the ground actually play the game.
    i think this was from test server? which again goes to my point, BB Alex refuses to listen to the players

"I do not plan" not we do not plan... read up - hes the one in charge, moan at him

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    I was shocked to find that after the hotfix the amount of resources to be given up was double the amount required to be made. I had already decided before the hotfix not to do another weekly challenge apart from maybe sinking the boat elements as the requirements were too great. I don't do co-op adventures by choice so found the requirement on some challenges to undertake several is not acceptable. I had to waste my hard earned gems to actually complete the first one which required me to do storm recovery x 2 - just too much as I had nowhere near enough resources to do 1 let alone 2. the hotfix also managed to cause a problem with the quest book which I found through the forum was affecting every one and how to fix temporarily by visiting a friends island. I had already reported the issue to support by this time and got the usual clear caches response - I had already done this as I knew that is their standard response to everything before they have even checked, I am yet to receive a response from my reply to them advising that I had indeed cleared caches and that every one was reporting the same issue. I expect I will get the standard response of you are replying to a closed ticket when they do eventually respond.
    I was looking forward to the new challenges but the reality has been far from positive - if the developers can make the amount of resources required more achievable and the adventures list to actually be a list of more than 1 achievable adventures (these cannot include adventures that you can only get as drops from completing other adventures or co-ops). I am not expecting them to be easy as they are meant to be challenges however when you are faced by something that is so difficult then it is not a challenge but actually overwhelming

World
    Newfoundland
    would be nice to get young woodcutter for map frags tho

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by trumpeteer View Post
    would be nice to get young woodcutter for map frags tho
    More likely be for Gems, don't want to make it to easy for the players or too CHEAP !!!!!!

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    I think it will be ridiculous hard to focus on events and same time on these weekly challenges

Reply to Thread